Sometimes if I get a new email, the gold envelope shows up but the red star in front of it does not. Neither does the red flashing LED indicator . Any idea why?
    I've tried having the messages app closed, opened, and "minimized " but it didn't help.
    This problem only happens sometimes...it did it with my previous playbook as well. Any suggestions?
    05-12-12 06:15 PM
    Sometimes if I get a new email, the gold envelope shows up but the red star in front of it does not. Neither does the red flashing LED indicator . Any idea why?
    I've tried having the messages app closed, opened, and "minimized " but it didn't help.
    This problem only happens sometimes...it did it with my previous playbook as well. Any suggestions?
    This is a problem because if my playbook is just sitting there with the screen off, I can't tell that I got a new email.
    05-12-12 06:16 PM
    Humm I don't know if the LED works with the screen off because I like only the red corner which of course can't be seen with the screen off. Is it maybe like the phones where after x amount of time it stops?
    05-12-12 06:30 PM
    Good point but that isn't the problem. It might turn off after x amount of minutes but when the problem happens, the LED light never comes on at all. Like I said it works sometimes and when it does, the LED light stays on for a long time.
    I wonder if anyone else has this problem. I'm guessing my not the only one cause it happened to with both of my playbooks
    05-12-12 06:35 PM
    My guess is another bug that will need sorting out. Is this business email that is important to reply right away?
    05-12-12 06:41 PM
    This is why I wish BeBuzz was available for the PlayBook.
    05-12-12 06:45 PM
    I hope it is fixed in an update. Does it happen to you kbz1960?
    90% of the time it's just personal email that isnt urgent or anything so it's not a huge problem. Just kinda annoying
    05-12-12 07:04 PM
    I don't like the led flashing at me on my pb so I just use the corner red light.
    05-12-12 07:13 PM
    Sitting here mumbling to myself: "does the pb have a test mode or option?" I don't specifically recall one - you know - ring the bells, trigger the various colored leds, light the red corner, test speakers.....
    05-12-12 08:34 PM
    Try this:

Open messages, swipe down from the top and click the cog to go into settings, on the Display and Settings Page swipe up so that you can see Alerts, make sure they are both set to on, if they are, then turn them off, back all the way out and close messages, then go back in and set them to on. Hope it works for you.
    05-13-12 05:22 AM
    I honestly have no idea whats wrong with the OP's playbook. My LED has always come on with new emails and doesn't shut off till I clear them.

Perhaps a complete backup and reload of the OS is in order?
    05-13-12 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD