When I went to load some music on my Playbook, I noticed that I could not fit my entire library on the device. I was surprised, since I have a 32 gb iPod Touch that has my library on it, along with many apps and a movie.

I checked the "About" screen, and it says that my Playbook has a total storage of 29 gb with 14.5 gb free. I have a few podcasts, but no videos, audio, or extra apps (deleted Need for Speed, Tetris, and the movie app). Do the pre-loaded apps (like camera, facebook, slacker, etc) and OS take up that much memory?

Where can I find how much memory is used by which app or the OS on the PB?
    06-30-11 06:01 PM
    yep you'll have 29.6 gb available for apps/files out of the box, the rest is taken up by built in apps and the OS itself
    06-30-11 06:05 PM
    When I went to load some music on my Playbook, I noticed that I could not fit my entire library on the device. I was surprised, since I have a 32 gb iPod Touch that has my library on it, along with many apps and a movie.

I checked the "About" screen, and it says that my Playbook has a total storage of 29 gb with 14.5 gb free. I have a few podcasts, but no videos, audio, or extra apps (deleted Need for Speed, Tetris, and the movie app). Do the pre-loaded apps (like camera, facebook, slacker, etc) and OS take up that much memory?

Where can I find how much memory is used by which app or the OS on the PB?
    yes all those apps would take up that space too. Pretty sure its the same as ipod touch though. Tablet OS might be bigger than the iOS based system though
    06-30-11 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD