Yeah it was tongue in cheek and I still use my PB daily.

I just didn't like inferring I had to dig the old girl up to get my daily jollies
    Implying. You would imply you had to dig the old girl up to get your daily jollies, we (the readers) would infer that you had to dig the old girl up to get your daily jollies.

I'm available for bar mitzvahs and after dinner speeches, too...
    05-17-13 06:46 AM
    Implying. You would imply you had to dig the old girl up to get your daily jollies, we (the readers) would infer that you had to dig the old girl up to get your daily jollies.

I'm available for bar mitzvahs and after dinner speeches, too...
    Figures! We turn into a bunch of necromancers. Thanks Thor!
    05-17-13 07:12 AM
    I definitely hate zombies... I just watched the complete season of "The Walking Dead" (from my PlayBook of course) just to learn the different ways of killing and terminating them - for good... just in case, a zombie PlayBook will be the first zombie I'm going to love...

That reminds me, does anyone here know how to perform taxidermy?

Posted via Z10
    I do and I know the perfect subject for you to practice on! He's a quite nice looking but very bad tempered black and grey Italian cat with green eyes and a pink nose. Look nice mounted on a plinth!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-17-13 07:14 AM
    NICE! Great way to show your discontent. I'm happy with my Playbook, but what BlackBerry is doing to its users is not right! Could at least comment a future date and show it a demo!
    05-17-13 07:22 AM
    In Memorium-images-1.jpg
    i see dead playbooks!
    05-17-13 07:26 AM
    <somber organ music>
    Welcome,

Please sit where you please.

I'd like to welcome you all to the memorial service to the Playbook.

Unfortunately, no members of it's family would be here today as they've disinherrited their ******* son, even going so far as to change the family name to avoid the shame, so we will continue without them.

To many the PB was a freind, companion and business partner, but today we are gathered here to mark it's passing to the great tablet rest home in the sky.

The PB came into existence 2 years ago, and it's early months were blighted by a learning disorder that it never quite recovered from. Add to this it's parents lack of common sense in not teaching it new things, I think we should all be amazed that it survived to this date. But underneath it's slight exterior beat 2 hearts of silicon, paired with a gorgeous face and a loud angelic voice ( in stero no less ) it was hard not to love it.

So in closing, the PB will be loved and mourned by many, except it's own family who have shown it the same disregard in death as in life.

Farewell PB you will be missed.

A collection plate will now be passed around, if you can spare any brain cells they will be passed along to the board at BBRY, who clearly haven't got two to rub together between themselves in their steady march to android.

</somber organ music>
    My paean would be this:

Alas poor Playbook, for We knew him well. Such a noble fellow he was: bright of promise, full of energy, yet dull of wit. Playbook was kind, kind young man... Disfigured from the outset by uncaring and negligent parents, the poor lad endured ridicule and torment in the name of his parents mere survival in a brutal electronic shire dominated by the Apples and Android families.. Yea poor, poor Playbook's real surname would be known to his family as BB10 Alpha.. Let us celebrate his legacy, let us mourn his passing...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-17-13 07:50 AM
    This entire thread is a bridge too far.

(especially for S_O_M that comment!)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-17-13 07:58 AM
    My paean would be this:

Alas poor Playbook, for We knew him well. Such a noble fellow he was: bright of promise, full of energy, yet dull of wit. Playbook was kind, kind young man... Disfigured from the outset by uncaring and negligent parents, the poor lad endured ridicule and torment in the name of his parents mere survival in a brutal electronic shire dominated by the Apples and Android families.. Yea poor, poor Playbook's real surname would be known to his family as BB10 Alpha.. Let us celebrate his legacy, let us mourn his passing...
    maybe playbooks parents drank too much brandy during fetal development ......maybe that's the reason for the droopy software lol
    sad_old_man and tstrike34 like this.
    05-17-13 08:00 AM
    This entire thread is a bridge too far.

(especially for S_O_M that comment!)
    Excellent choice of film there my good man. Not an ex para are you?
    05-17-13 08:05 AM
    "in memoriAm". Anyways, I find my PB's performance deteriorating like XP. Would love to reinstall OS, but made mistake of saving a lot of bookmarks, that, unlike my 9900, does NOT get backed up! And keystroke lags have always been there, regardless how often I clean out browser. Don't believe BB- Heins- will keep its promise to update.
    05-17-13 08:19 AM
    "in memoriAm". Anyways, I find my PB's performance deteriorating like XP. Would love to reinstall OS, but made mistake of saving a lot of bookmarks, that, unlike my 9900, does NOT get backed up! And keystroke lags have always been there, regardless how often I clean out browser. Don't believe BB- Heins- will keep its promise to update.
    Welcome to the club!
    05-17-13 08:30 AM
    My playbook is alive and well. still use it everyday. Even If 10.1 comes for the pb, I think everyone will still complain because certain features wont be there or it doesn't do something exactly the way they want it too.
    05-17-13 08:42 AM
    Even If 10.1 comes for the pb, I think everyone will still complain because certain features wont be there or it doesn't do something exactly the way they want it too.
    This is true BUT any responsible company would issue fixes and improvements to their current OS based on customer feedback in a timely manner. This should be especially true of a company that's supposedly 'pinning' it's future on their current OS offering.

And like it or not the Playbook is STILL a current BBRY product and therefore either OS 2.1 is currently it's OS which should be being supported or it should have BB10 - or BBRY should have the nuts to come out and say the PB is no longer supported.

An alernative business model is to just say FU we've got ya money so nah nah nah nah, but I can't see much future in that - a bit like i can't see much future in the tablet market

Reminds me of the American civil war general who said 'shoot son, they can't hit me from .............'
    05-17-13 10:11 AM
    Rest in pi.ss.
    05-17-13 10:19 AM
    my playbook became ghost in the very day I died and turned the ghost of another ghost
    if any of you lads can read these dead lines of mine and it is the ghost of a dead ghost like let's all shake hands get **** naked grab our zombie playbooks and freak out Thorsten Heins that Ugly Bill Gates sort of looking
    05-17-13 10:39 AM
    Ode to the playbook owners?.

Apple to right of them,
    Samsung to left of them,
    Thor in front of them
    Volley'd and thunder'd;
    Storm'd at with lack of news and shoddy coding,
    Boldly they rode and well,
    Into the jaws of Death,
    Into the mouth of Hell
    Rode the six hundred.
    eddy_berry and Barljo like this.
    05-17-13 12:22 PM
    Excellent choice of film there my good man. Not an ex para are you?
    I did a tandem jump once, but that's as close as I'd ever get - age, fitness, and flat feet all count against me!
    05-20-13 04:33 AM
    There is no doubt it's a dead product line for BB. It's not terrible but amateur hour definitely isn't over as far as the playbook is concerned. BB should be ashamed of themselves for promising BB10 for it as a last minute cash grab to encourage people to buy it and/or remain loyal to it.

And for those saying the browser is great what world are you living in? My wife's iPad mini loads pages as fast and most of the time even faster than my playbook.
    05-20-13 05:36 AM
    Rode the six hundred? Come on old man, there are probably twenty of us left in here!

I'll be the one switching uniforms to one with the fruit logo...
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    05-20-13 06:03 AM
    Rode the six hundred? Come on old man, there are probably twenty of us left in here!

I'll be the one switching uniforms to one with the fruit logo...
    Come to think of it where is that annoying little intellectual gooseberry these days?
    05-20-13 06:13 AM
    Come to think of it where is that annoying little intellectual gooseberry these days?
    I think he means the Raspberry Pi...
    05-20-13 06:43 AM
    your right haven't seen em round in weeks
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-20-13 06:44 AM
    your right haven't seen em round in weeks
    Do gooseberries take holidays? Sorry I'm being silly now he has no arms and legs so how can he?
    05-20-13 07:01 AM
    In tombstone, it should read...

"Was born unfinished... died unfinished"

Posted via Z10
    JeepBB and sad_old_man like this.
    05-20-13 08:32 AM
    In tombstone, it should read...

"Was born unfinished... died unfinished"

Posted via Z10
    The gooseberry or the pb?
    05-20-13 02:08 PM
62 123