<somber organ music>
    Welcome,

Please sit where you please.

I'd like to welcome you all to the memorial service to the Playbook.

Unfortunately, no members of it's family would be here today as they've disinherrited their ******* son, even going so far as to change the family name to avoid the shame, so we will continue without them.

To many the PB was a freind, companion and business partner, but today we are gathered here to mark it's passing to the great tablet rest home in the sky.

The PB came into existence 2 years ago, and it's early months were blighted by a learning disorder that it never quite recovered from. Add to this it's parents lack of common sense in not teaching it new things, I think we should all be amazed that it survived to this date. But underneath it's slight exterior beat 2 hearts of silicon, paired with a gorgeous face and a loud angelic voice ( in stero no less ) it was hard not to love it.

So in closing, the PB will be loved and mourned by many, except it's own family who have shown it the same disregard in death as in life.

Farewell PB you will be missed.

A collection plate will now be passed around, if you can spare any brain cells they will be passed along to the board at BBRY, who clearly haven't got two to rub together between themselves in their steady march to android.

</somber organ music>
    05-16-13 02:26 AM
    Actually my PB is fit & well.
    Wouldn't a better analogy be the unloved outcast of the family that no-one likes to mention?
    Davids_cj likes this.
    05-16-13 03:50 AM
    My 2 year old Playbook still works Great, like it always has.

- Browsing the Web
    - Streaming music to my Bluetooth Speaker
    - Playing Games
    - Watching Movies using Kalemsoft player.
    - Pfff what doesnt it do.... still a Great Tablet.

No BB10 (yet?) So What ???
    05-16-13 03:55 AM
    I can almost understand people's, so what if we're not getting BB10, defence... but the fact of the matter is, support for the Playbook has been laughable and now with the focus on the "BB10 Experience", the Playbook is basically completely ignored. Mentioned in passing at post show events, like Blackberry feel ashamed of it even existing.

I agree it's an awesome little tablet and for the most part works very well.. I just think Blackberry are an astonishingly foolish company to have come so close to being done and dusted and then to have survived that only to ignore a large percentage of it's already loyal fan base. This has all been said before and will all be said again but genuinely how many people will feel secure in investing in any future Tablet device they might release, when they've treated the users of this one so poorly.

Anyone defending that sort of Business Strategy is just showing signs of Brand loyalty overkill.
    SEAWARRIOR and Tazos like this.
    05-16-13 05:22 AM
    Ok I admit this is funny

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 05:29 AM
    My PB is doing great. Still love and use it daily, but I still loved the OP's post. Well done!
    05-16-13 05:40 AM
    While I do agree that the PlayBook still handles web task better than any other tablet, it is becoming disheartening that I can't use some of the apps I can on my Z10. One place the PlayBook struggles is quality, native apps, and there are starting to be some very solid apps released for BB10 that I would like to run.
    05-16-13 05:53 AM
    Yeah it was tongue in cheek and I still use my PB daily.

I just didn't like inferring I had to dig the old girl up to get my daily jollies
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    05-16-13 06:02 AM
    Actually my PB is fit & well.
    Wouldn't a better analogy be the unloved outcast of the family that no-one likes to mention?
    been talking to my relatives again???
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 08:08 AM
    the future of Blackberry - if it has is any - in BB Phones, BBM, BES and general in software OS10
    With the OS 10 line up with the new Q5, Q10 and Z10 they could survive
    Even older OS 7.0 phone will have a good chance for the low-end market

A BB tablet would not fit with that, except if the software is licensed to 3rd parties
    05-16-13 08:17 AM
    I am behind RIM and I hope that they are successful. I own a PB. But let's face it, the PB is ****. And I think that RIM knows it and that's why they have abandoned it.
    05-16-13 08:20 AM
    We do have some very creative minds here - thanks for the laugh!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 09:06 AM
    The problem is not the lack of BB10 but the lack of support for the device. I wouldn't mind a simple 2.2 Os update to improve the browser, keyboard, and memory management.

Just adding more stability to the device and bringing bridge back to its full potential is all that I'm asking for.

Posted via CB10
    uncle_numpty likes this.
    05-16-13 10:09 AM
    <somber organ music>
    Welcome,

Unfortunately, no members of it's family would be here today as they've disinherrited their ******* son, even going so far as to change the family name to avoid the shame, so we will continue without them.

To many the PB was a freind, companion and business partner, but today we are gathered here to mark it's passing to the great tablet rest home in the sky.

The PB came into existence 2 years ago, and it's early months were blighted by a learning disorder that it never quite recovered from. Add to this it's parents lack of common sense in not teaching it new things, I think we should all be amazed that it survived to this date. But underneath it's slight exterior beat 2 hearts of silicon, paired with a gorgeous face and a loud angelic voice ( in stero no less ) it was hard not to love it.

So in closing, the PB will be loved and mourned by many, except it's own family who have shown it the same disregard in death as in life.

A collection plate will now be passed around, if you can spare any brain cells they will be passed along to the board at BBRY, who clearly haven't got two to rub together between themselves in their steady march to android.

</somber organ music>
    You are one he'll of a cool cool dude my friend, and that is the understatement of the year!
    FF22 and uncle_numpty like this.
    05-16-13 10:19 AM
    uncle_numpty

Very well said...one can only hold out for so long. I love my PB but I have moved on to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
    sad_old_man and uncle_numpty like this.
    05-16-13 10:20 AM
    uncle_numpty

Very well said...one can only hold out for so long. I love my PB but I have moved on to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
    PB, R.I.P.
    05-16-13 10:28 AM
    I know an affordable and dignified cremation services... in case you prefer it...

Posted via Z10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 10:35 AM
    I know an affordable and dignified cremation services... in case you prefer it...

Posted via Z10
    All you need to do is find one that has the nerve to take my body anywhere near a naked flame!!!!!!
    05-16-13 10:39 AM
    Chuckle worthy. Great way to show your discontent. I'm happy but I completely understand why it is such a big issue.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 10:40 AM
    Chuckle worthy. Great way to show your discontent. I'm happy but I completely understand why it is such a big issue.
    I'm happy as well. We could be a lot happier in my cellar, do you like Brandy?
    05-16-13 10:43 AM

Posted via Z10
    I think the PB includes its own immolation feature - just turn on Native mail and set it to sync Manually. Keep away from other combustible products!
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    05-16-13 12:22 PM
    Rip PlayBook you left us to young

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    05-16-13 12:27 PM
    <somber organ music>
    Welcome,

</somber organ music>
    I'm still hoping the Playbook got a case of voodoo zombie, it will come alive in a few months after burial.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 08:57 PM
    I definitely hate zombies... I just watched the complete season of "The Walking Dead" (from my PlayBook of course) just to learn the different ways of killing and terminating them - for good... just in case, a zombie PlayBook will be the first zombie I'm going to love...

That reminds me, does anyone here know how to perform taxidermy?

Posted via Z10
    05-16-13 10:27 PM
    The PB is like an old dog with failing organs and terminal diseases that nobody wants to put down. Heins should personally make a video of himself taking a shotgun to a PB to show what he thinks of that Balsilie product...
    05-17-13 12:32 AM
62 123