Hey guys,

Had the playbook for a while now and I'm very pleased with it. I noticed the last update was 300 some odd MB's and the last one was around the same. What does the playbook do with that 300 mb after the install? Does it delete those temp install files after finish or does it store it somewhere? Is it necessary to do a wipe after each update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-11 07:09 AM
    Hey guys,

Had the playbook for a while now and I'm very pleased with it. I noticed the last update was 300 some odd MB's and the last one was around the same. What does the playbook do with that 300 mb after the install? Does it delete those temp install files after finish or does it store it somewhere? Is it necessary to do a wipe after each update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The general consensus appears to be that it just replaces the OS each time.
    So you don't lose the space, it just replaces itself.
    07-21-11 07:14 AM
    A large portion of entire update consists of a bunch of replacement .bar files for the various applications. Those get replaced with the new code just as a regular app install does... no leftovers.

The OS itself is handled similarly... lots of things get overwritten, old files get removed, and the temporary update file itself is removed.

No need to wipe or worry about it...
    07-21-11 09:43 AM
    i agree with the other two. its like when you update n app on your phone, the old one gets over wrighten by the new
    07-21-11 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD