My daughter's Playbook will not play any media, music or videos. When you open the music folder, all the songs are there, but when you play, it shows 0:00/0;00, as if the song was 0 seconds long. Videos all appear in the video folder, but again, will not play. I can view all the files when i hook the playbook up to my computer, so the files are not corrupted.

The files will just not play

The Playbook has been updated.
    05-09-13 04:42 PM
    I do have some suggestions but first, copy over a new mp3 or video to the pb and see if this new one plays? Oh, how do you copy media to the pb. I use drop/drag from Win Explorer and not the Desktop software.

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

If still not working, you might want to do a backup - again, I prefer Manual using drag/drop. But use the Desktop software for apps and settings and media if you like.

Report back and let us know. After that you can try a Security Wipe or Debrick or reload the OS. But these come later.
    05-09-13 05:14 PM
    Thanks, i will try your suggestions and let you know the results
    05-09-13 06:23 PM
    Thanks, i will try your suggestions and let you know the results
    I have experienced this issue. Solution- do a restart or reboot.. Problem solved.
    05-10-13 07:33 AM
    When you open the music folder, all the songs are there, but when you play, it shows 0:00/0;00, as if the song was 0 seconds long. Videos all appear in the video folder, but again, will not play.
    I have had this problem along with no sound at all. It started right after the last update. A reboot should fix it but it may be a temporary solution. After i reloaded the OS (debrick) the problem has not returned.
    05-10-13 08:15 AM
    The reboot worked great, power button then the volume up/down, worked first try

Thanks for the suggestions.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-14-13 08:56 PM
    The reboot worked great, power button then the volume up/down, worked first try

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Glad it worked and that you reported back on the success.
    05-14-13 09:41 PM