Playbook when connected to DM and I try to drag and drop files or sync music tells me "media services not available". what am I doing wrong?
    11-29-11 08:20 PM
    I am having the same problem............ Anyone have any ideas, I want to sync movies, pictures and music...
    I can't even do the wireless connection via my wifi.
    11-30-11 07:17 PM
    Did you try just dragging your media via my computer?
    11-30-11 08:22 PM
    computer doesn't show the playbook connected.... that is the problem, it backed up for me but that is all it will do.
    11-30-11 08:40 PM
    sounds like a driver issue, do you see a little icon in your notifications bar on your computer that says "installing driver" or something of the sort when you plug the tablet in?
    11-30-11 08:44 PM
    Said something about initializing but it was there for over an hour. then disappeared when I clicked on it.
    Can I install the drivers individually?
    11-30-11 09:02 PM
    I believe the drivers operate as plug and play only. If your a PC user, turn off user account control and make sure your running the DM as an administrator. Try a hard reset on your playbook aswell.
    11-30-11 09:25 PM
    i will try this tomorrow after work. i am running it as an administrator.
    thanks for the suggestions, i will keep you posted on how it goes.
    11-30-11 09:29 PM
    No problem, best of luck
    11-30-11 09:34 PM
    Ok, I have tried everything, I think I have a dud!!!!

The error I get when I plug in the playbook is:
    An error occured mounting Blackberry Playbook [Pin:XXXXXXX] volumes. Please reconnect your device.
    E:0x4B3

Anyone have any idea??????
    12-03-11 02:30 PM
    12-03-11 03:30 PM
    Exact same post I just posted on another thread. This should fix your issues

I had a similar issue recently. When you connect the PB to your computer it creates a fake network that allows you to access your files, to fix this what you need to is locate the RIM Network drive in Network and Sharing-Change Adapter Settings open up the Properties menu. Click Install and click on Client for Microsoft Networks. This fixed that issue for me I hope it fixes it for you. Lemme know if you want me to create a series of pictures for you to walk you through.
    12-03-11 03:44 PM
    Well I got it working, I don't think anyone thought of this one.... I haven't formatted my HD in over 2 years, it was full of spyware or something, from my kids going places and disabling my spy ware protection. So, I did a format and re install of everything, connected to DM and there it was, everything works great now.
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys, you are always a great help.
    12-04-11 05:11 PM
    Spoke too soon, works when connected to usb, won't work over wifi...

Thomasrox3, I have xp, are you able to show those pictures as to how to enable it?
    12-04-11 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD