Rim stock has lost 3.5% today, if some of you wonder how others react to the last 24/48h...

Walking dead?

Is Research In Motion the walking dead?- MSN Money
    10-19-11 01:53 PM
    to be fair, everyone is down in todays market. I dont see that really relate to what happened yesterday.
    10-19-11 06:12 PM
    let's say rim launch and release bbx phone next month. with pb - apps, and 9900's battery life. who wants to buy it for 600$ each?
    even worse, the pb users are left dead on the sidewalk, hoping and waiting for yet some update, and instead given a 2.0 beta for developers. and these developers would need like 6 months to produce some apps.
    10-19-11 06:30 PM
    it's software people and it needs time to built and RIM is not god of a company that can magically turn a stone in to a diamond in a day or a month or an year and infact no one can, if everything happened as we wished and if everything advanced at the pace we expected we would still have Mr. Jobs with us. RIM has fine pieces and they are working towards putting the pieces of puzzle together. I am unable to understand how people can overlook what they are doing.

1) Tat demonstrated something which can put all the existing UI frameworks to shame, that is a huge plus and good part is they are dependent on Qt which is a open-sourced framework in itself. Just think what developers can do with such ease that Cascades framework provides.

2) Blackberry Balance demoed on Playbook is something that the enterprises are looking for. That is a huge plus for them and leapfrogged the competition.

3) HTML 5, the next big thing evolving in the world of computing and is bound take industry by a storm in the coming years right from the websites, desktop OSes(Windows 8), Mobile , Consumer and Automotive industries etc. RIM is at the fore front talking about hardware accelerated HTML 5, WebGl, opensource community (Github) and partnering with the pioneers in the space like Phonegap, sancha etc.

4) Game Development - They pretty much got it covered by partnering with Unity, Marmalade, EA and Gamesoft, for now on you can expect a sametime launch of a title along with other competitors.

5) As of BBX phone who in their right mind would be willing to sabotage their existing business when they already are facing the heat from the competition. What Mike & Jim said in the Conf call is that they will showcase the BBX platform @ Devcon and have the BBX handheld's for developers available in the near future.

6) QNX, Torch Mobile, Tat, Tungle, NewBay, Ubitexx, Gist, JayCut, Ripple, Certicom and added BB radio stack, BB Battery management, BB NOS is all what it needs to beat the competition and I am confident they will make competitive offerings when they deliver the BBX phone and it may happen in Q2 or Q3 2012. What they unveiled at devcon is the foundation for BBX ecosystem.

7) Lastly Android player will deliver things that existing customers are looking for.

Though I expected to see more on the BES/Ubitex integration to support BBX/IOS/Android but I am happy with what I saw yesterday and I am pretty optimistic about RIM's future than I was few months ago.
    Last edited by sf49ers; 10-19-11 at 07:37 PM.
    mithrazor and kbz1960 like this.
    10-19-11 07:17 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD