So - one of the things I was excited about in this update was the ability to access my media files from my PB on my Torch 9800. I have run all updates as of this am and BBM is working fine on my PB - I haven't had a chance to try Video chat.. jealous of all of you who have!

While using BBM on playbook and I can access and attach files from my Torch - however, i can't access any media files other than pdf?

Anyone else? Any suggestions?

RIM - keep up the good work, I am enjoying the product so far!
    05-03-11 10:16 AM
    Yea...same issue...I really want to have access to all my flies on my 9800 through the bridge. As far as I am concerned this should be at the top of the list for what needs to be fixed first.
    05-03-11 10:21 AM
    Attaching pictures in BBM is pretty tough without preview icons (unless I'm missing something) ...

In the Bridge file manager, I can open pdfs, docs, xls, ppt (so Adobe and MS Office files). But not pictures and videos. Still a work in progress!

Some day I'll be able to take a picture on my phone and access it immediately on the PB! Not yet though ...
    05-03-11 10:27 AM
    so whats rhe deal with this? i jusr bought my pb and thought this kind of feature was a done deal but much to my surprise, not at all.

its in the pipes right?
    05-14-11 05:15 PM
    I thought I read this would be working after the last os update I guess not.
    05-14-11 10:17 PM
    It is supposed to be fixed in a coming OS upgrade. One temporary work-around is an app called "Photo TouchUp". You can access any picture that is on your blackberry phone and edit / save it on Playbook using this app.
    05-15-11 12:12 PM
    yeah photo touch up works, thanks for the tip!
    05-15-11 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD