I have been looking at heaps of different ways to connect to my computer to view media.
    The main programs that i use are KMPlayer and Win amp. I have all my play lists set up so I don't need to search for anything. So I have found 2 ways that I can do this...

1. media center- Using the app 'remotee' which can connect to a few media center programs. I use Boxee for I find it easy to navigate and personalize. You can add what drivers you want access to and you have extra features like apps, movies and TV shows are great for when you want to find something new to watch without having to get up get on the net. I've used a few Boxee apps and have found 'Remotee' to have the best layout.

2. Desktop remote- I've looked at a few VLC remotes. Currently I'm using IMT VNC which works with TightVLC or UltraVLC. With having remote access to my computer I can then physically open KMPlayer or Win amp. The one problem I have found though is that it lags heaps cause you have your desktop image on your palybook. Also if you have your home tool bar on either side of your home screen you cant pull it up cause it goes to your other apps that are opened.

Now there is an app called RemoteX that is available on iphone. It gives you full access to KMPlayer and Win amp. You just swap programs in the app and get playback options for play lists and viewing.

So after all of that I have 2 questions....
    1. Is there an app for playbook that works like RemoteX?
    2. Which process do you prefer? Media center or desktop remote?

Thanks in advance for your responses to my first post ...
    Last edited by chrissyangel13; 09-21-11 at 12:31 AM.
    09-20-11 02:38 PM
    to use ur pb as multkmedia remote control, you can use VLC player and his nativeremote server, then u can access to your computer VLC by a website in the pb.
    09-20-11 05:44 PM
    what about orb? I use that to access all my media
    09-20-11 06:26 PM
    Im finding VLC too laggy. It takes so long to do a simple task.

My partner use to use orb with his nokia. I'll look into it.

Thanks for the ideas
    09-21-11 12:03 AM
    Crossing fingers for DNLA compliance within 2.0 OS ...
    Then you'll have no question to answer ... just address compliant devices like network resources and ... enjoy.
    09-21-11 04:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD