Things are piling up.

Old joke. It seems, my dear, fellow playbook owners, that we are the poor little orphans that no one wants anymore at Blackberry. Oh well, I have enjoyed using my playbook (I bought it when it first came out), and what I've gotten out of it. But I was looking forward running some form of 10.x on it. I guess we just don't make economic sense....sigh........dirt kick......stooopid market forces......hmph!

Hey buddy, can you spare an update?

Best,
    Steve
    dphjeff, kraschute, FF22 and 2 others like this.
    05-15-13 02:24 PM
    I share your frustration but am still hoping for the promised update.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 02:33 PM
    Things are piling up.

Old joke. It seems, my dear, fellow playbook owners, that we are the poor little orphans that no one wants anymore at Blackberry. Oh well, I have enjoyed using my playbook (I bought it when it first came out), and what I've gotten out of it. But I was looking forward running some form of 10.x on it. I guess we just don't make economic sense....sigh........dirt kick......stooopid market forces......hmph!

Hey buddy, can you spare an update?

Best,
    Steve
    So going forward you can't continue to use your playbook just because its not gettting 10. Chances are some of the features you like in its current state will be taken away if 10 was to come to PB.
    It should be said, be careful for what you ask for it maynot be better than what you had.
    05-15-13 02:55 PM
    If they fix the ****ty browser, we can wait patiently for BB10.
    05-15-13 05:43 PM
    The browser is where I see 1GB of ram being an issue. I bet the BB10 browser is identical the the PB browser on PB. So yeah. I enjoy the browser now. I also use FastBrowser and Simple Browser. I find myself using the Native browser when I know I'm going to a site like CB that doesn't have pop-ups. It's a 2 year old device that had amazing potential but horrible management. I frequent CB through the native browser more often than the CB app. Hello out there from PlayBook. Still runs well after a year and a half. I also noticed it had learned some of my commonly used words (kind of embarrassing to say what words as they are for my girlfriend only lol). BB10 for me will be a novelty that might make me run back to 2.1 hastily. Or get a new tablet. Although, I know if i go to android I will be unhappy and I will gladly throw an iPad across a room. (too expensive for that) Even if no tablet from BBRY ever again, I will always remember the good things about it and hope something like it comes along soon.

Sent from my PlayBook not running BB10 but whatever I've been happily using this device for almost 18 months and I don't care anymore.
    djmm2 likes this.
    05-15-13 06:19 PM
    The browser is where I see 1GB of ram being an issue. I bet the BB10 browser is identical the the PB browser on PB. So yeah. I enjoy the browser now. I also use FastBrowser and Simple Browser. I find myself using the Native browser when I know I'm going to a site like CB that doesn't have pop-ups. It's a 2 year old device that had amazing potential but horrible management. I frequent CB through the native browser more often than the CB app. Hello out there from PlayBook. Still runs well after a year and a half. I also noticed it had learned some of my commonly used words (kind of embarrassing to say what words as they are for my girlfriend only lol). BB10 for me will be a novelty that might make me run back to 2.1 hastily. Or get a new tablet. Although, I know if i go to android I will be unhappy and I will gladly throw an iPad across a room. (too expensive for that) Even if no tablet from BBRY ever again, I will always remember the good things about it and hope something like it comes along soon.

Sent from my PlayBook not running BB10 but whatever I've been happily using this device for almost 18 months and I don't care anymore.
    Please stop with the 1GB BS. I am running the BB10 browser on a Q10 with 1GB or RAM and it is faster than the Playbook browser.
    podes2204 likes this.
    05-15-13 06:31 PM
    Please stop with the 1GB BS. I am running the BB10 browser on a Q10 with 1GB or RAM and it is faster than the Playbook browser.
    A Q10 with 1gb? Please explain... are you referring to one of the dev alpha units or perhaps the Q5?
    Last edited by thisiscjay; 05-15-13 at 06:50 PM.
    05-15-13 06:36 PM
    I feel you! Truly love my PlayBook! I use it daily. But compared to what my Z10 has to offer it just cannot compete. There are no movies to buy in the BlackBerry World on PB, the browser is slooooow and there's no BBM on it.

I can't see myself buying a tablet from robot or fruit tomorrow but i do keep getting frustrated with the above and if there are no concrete commitments from blackberry to kee developing for the PlayBook then I feel like I an just wasting my time sticking with it. I don't want it to go down the OS route.

Really hope BlackBerry pushes out some updates. Not even talking hub just a good browser, video store, blackberry protect and BBM!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 06:38 PM
    A Q10 with 1gb? Please explain... are you referring to one of the dev alpha units or perhaps the Q5?
    This was an early model of the Q10 not available to the public. But the Dev Alpha also had only 1GB and I never had a problem with using the browser on that either.
    05-15-13 06:55 PM
    Ok fair enough. Don't get your panties in a bunch. I was just saying it might be an issue. I've streamed movies on the PB browser while viewing other sites. Had like 3 tabs open and then I opened CB app (android port and bit of a memory hog sometimes) and I got the memory down to about 100 and some odd MB but the whole OS was choppy to say the least. If BB10 is less memory hungry then it will do this just fine on PB. Can you tell me how many apps are installed on your device and how many can you run at one time with just 1GB? I would genuinely like to know. I only did it to stress test it. I don't actually use my device this way but everyone is different. I have opened a lot of native apps and opened a bunch of websites, no streaming, and not had the same result as with streaming a movie. It just slowed to a crawl and that's just with 2.1. Didn't crash or hang though. QNX is still powerful in that way.

Edit: now you got me trying to find that point where it the OS slowed down. This edit took forever to write already. But not that buggy yet. @174mb free mem. Got it to 90.7mb free and android apps just don't open. Must be a 2.1 thing. So slow now. Like molasses.
    Last edited by eddy_berry; 05-15-13 at 07:28 PM.
    05-15-13 07:12 PM
    If they fix the ****ty browser, we can wait patiently for BB10.
    Check out fast browser. It is everything playbook browser should be.
    05-15-13 07:23 PM
    It's funny. My Z10 and PlayBook just made sounds as a message came in. I heard the Legacy sound of a message come in and went right to my PlayBook. Interesting. Wish we had an update for this awesome tablet as well. But love it just as much as I did 2 years ago. Different uses and different needs for my laptop, PlayBook and my mobile device of choice.....Z10. noticed I am using the Laptop way less than ever. Cheers!
    05-15-13 07:23 PM
    Ok fair enough. Don't get your panties in a bunch. I was just saying it might be an issue. I've streamed movies on the PB browser while viewing other sites. Had like 3 tabs open and then I opened CB app (android port and bit of a memory hog sometimes) and I got the memory down to about 100 and some odd MB but the whole OS was choppy to say the least. If BB10 is less memory hungry then it will do this just fine on PB. Can you tell me how many apps are installed on your device and how many can you run at one time with just 1GB? I would genuinely like to know. I only did it to stress test it. I don't actually use my device this way but everyone is different. I have opened a lot of native apps and opened a bunch of websites, no streaming, and not had the same result as with streaming a movie. It just slowed to a crawl and that's just with 2.1. Didn't crash or hang though. QNX is still powerful in that way.

Edit: now you got me trying to find that point where it the OS slowed down. This edit took forever to write already. But not that buggy yet. @174mb free mem. Got it to 90.7mb free and android apps just don't open. Must be a 2.1 thing. So slow now. Like molasses.
    BB10 isn't much different from OS 2.1. The biggest thing is the GUI, and I suspect the core OS has been improved a bunch. I have run as many as 8 applications with 150MB free. I think that BB did a great job in making the core OS better. I think we can all say that with each update, it has been improved in one way or another.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-15-13 07:31 PM
    BB is treating the PlayBook like a piece of diseased garbage.

They don't want to touch it nor have anything to do with it.
    05-16-13 11:26 PM