i like the look of your app.

HOWEVER, i think the TAT app is cleaner, nicer, looks easier to use.
    04-21-11 02:43 PM
    i like the look of your app.

HOWEVER, i think the TAT app is cleaner, nicer, looks easier to use.
    The TAT app is way easier to use as it has less advanced functionality
    I do really like their different 'modes' a lot.

My app is mostly trying to look like a HP calculator so the look and feel is kind of constrained to what the HP looks like

b.t.w. OMFG!!! a re-release of the HP15C. This is like the second coming But better! I'll be buying one since I lost the one I owned during one of my moves
    04-21-11 03:13 PM
    I am going to have to pick up a copy of your RPN calculator. I can't function without one. So use to RPN, I actually have to stop to think if i am entering calculations correctly on a regular one. My wife and I both have HP 11C's. Introduced her to RPN back in college in the early 80's. I have owned 3 different models over the years starting in 1975.

Putting one on my Playbook, would mean not having to carry the 11C around during business trips.

Eventually perhaps I will able to leave my laptop behind!
    04-21-11 05:01 PM
    As an engineer and someone who has been performing calculation using RPN for years, this app is a slam dunk. One request, could you show the bottom stack entries like a the 48g series (3 or 4 lines)?
    04-21-11 05:12 PM
    Yeah, the problem is that I made those programs about 5 years ago and haven't done any non website programming since then. I need to go back to school to touch up on a lot of this stuff, but with real life stuff going on, it's not so easy to do

It's one of my dreams though, to go back to school and relearn programming. I loved it, but got side tracked with other stuff.
    Na - you dont need to go back to school. Just need access to some proje t examples and some references. I am a chemist by formal education, but coded on the side for years. in fact the first programming i did was on the initial HP programmable calculators. Moved to a DEC PDP-11 Basic toggling the bootstrap loader in on the computer with switches, to start a paper tape reader to load Basic, typing my program in via tty.

I have learned, taught myself, and forgotten more computer OS and languages than most will ever see. Never been a major coder, but my knowledge has enabled me to transition from doing drug research to managing chemical information.

So I would say go for it. try your hand at it or partner with someone that can, translate your ideas into an application. its easier to communicate your ideas when you speak the same language, so to speak. I talk chemistry and computers.
    04-21-11 05:15 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD