Hi all ! Just wanted to send a note about the PB. It is a great tool and I am enjoying the power and flexibility. Looking forward to see how it gets improved with some bug fixes but for business use and pairiing with my Bold,it is awesome. Have not seen another one yet being used but mine is drawing a lot of attention.
    Cheers to you all, great forum here, keep it up
    Cheers,

Heavy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 04:46 PM
    Mine has been drawing a lot of attention as well. I almost never use my laptop anymore. In my opinion this is a very powerful tool that will only get better.
    bdad14 likes this.
    04-25-11 04:52 PM
    All is going well other than the attention the PB draws ! Spending a lot of time showing it off. I am at a technical conference with some focus on mobile devices. So far my PB has been the show stopper ! it has been running great and some people are on their way out to buy one. Still impressed with this unit, strange to see that mine is still the only PB here.....at least until after lunch.
    Cheers to all supporters !

heavy
    04-27-11 01:12 PM
    Mine has been drawing a lot of attention as well. I almost never use my laptop anymore. In my opinion this is a very powerful tool that will only get better.
    Same - well, at least for browsing the web, etc. I like having a device I can just turn on and instantly browse the web as opposed to pulling it out, booting it up, logging in, waiting, opening browser. Plus it's like 1/5 the weight
    04-27-11 01:19 PM
    Same - well, at least for browsing the web, etc. I like having a device I can just turn on and instantly browse the web as opposed to pulling it out, booting it up, logging in, waiting, opening browser. Plus it's like 1/5 the weight
    Amen brother!!!!!!!!
    04-27-11 02:34 PM
    My PB and I are taking our first away from home trip on the weekend. I am anxious to see how this goes. So far the device is a real wonder. Maybe not perfect but sure does the job I need for the size and weight I prefer.
    04-27-11 03:00 PM
    just returned after my first business trip, and learned i can bridge one bb, and tether the other with the extra data package, both at the same time. kept me occupied in the airports, and performs quite well. didn't use it for work, just personal use, but has worked well, but i didn't really draw much attention, although i did get a chance to tell a guy the worked at one on the many InMotion stores in the ATL airport how great it was, and how well it was working for me. hopefully negating some of that bad, sometimes undeserved terrible press.....
    04-27-11 03:56 PM
    the look overall and profile is much more professional than the bulky ipad. I've been using it for various business tasks and it is simply incredibly functional. I love it!
    04-27-11 04:06 PM
    I am really enjoying this unit. Too bad there is soo much negativity about it, I have had very little issues. the 'wants' are always there with any device, I am not too concerned about RIM making improvements. Enjoy your device and keep posting. This is a great site for help and feedback.

Cheers,
    heavy
    04-27-11 05:13 PM
    Before i would have to manage between being on the phone and keeping myself on the ball with my trades, and dealing with bad/slow 3g connections while on my break at work. Now because the playbook is small enough to carry i bring it with me to work everyday, and can now use the phone just to talk and haave the playbook with me to update and do trades, surf the net. With flash instead of refreshing the screen for updates i can see all the action without so much as touching a thing. Battery life is a non issue since i turn it off when not needed, only takes a minute to power up, no big deal. I wear cargo pants so no jacket or bag needed.
    04-27-11 08:49 PM
    Well, last day of the conference, travel day tomorrow. Left the brick laptop in the room today...feels great to travel light. Have to lug the ole Dell home tomorrow.....but that's where it will stay on my next trip. PB ran really well. Just need to add some movies.

Cheers again !

heavy
    04-28-11 12:44 PM
    Agree, my Franklin Covey planner is collecting dust, task management has been replaced by Conqu, I have over 50 PDF's of reference documents - no more saying "shoot I forgot to grab that file folder" at a meeting.. I used to jot a note to check a reference when I get back to the desk, now it's all there! I use Scratchpad all the time to draw layouts and help describe things.. no more napkins or searching for a piece of paper. I have edited documents and spreadsheets while in a meeting, and had updates in peoples inbox before the meeting is over. I have a couple of gigs of photographs on it now, so I don't have to find a computer and get them from the network or the "cloud". I find more uses for this thing everyday, it is awesome.

It's funny, every meeting I go to, I break it out and catch people glancing at the PlayBook. When the meeting ends I always get a group gathered around checking it out.
    04-28-11 01:40 PM
    The way my business productivity has changed with the PB. It is so comfy to carry a small sized tablet that gets you what you want on demand. Now if they could broaden the functionality with a few tweaks, this thing would be a war machine!

Since the launch last week (I picked mine up on Zero Day and my wife on D+1), I have not had to carry my laptop. In fact, I am putting two of my laptops up.
    04-28-11 01:59 PM
    Well, last day of the conference, travel day tomorrow. Left the brick laptop in the room today...feels great to travel light. Have to lug the ole Dell home tomorrow.....but that's where it will stay on my next trip. PB ran really well. Just need to add some movies.

Cheers again !

heavy
    Heavy, take a look at the thread about setting up your PB to use with Orb. You can download your movies or play them via Flash browers from your laptop.
    heavydem likes this.
    04-28-11 02:00 PM
    Travel day....PB will get lots of use today. Has already served me well for surfing,calculator to figure out my USA/Canada duties, now music,read a book on the PB, and more surfing. All is great.....I am having very good luck with mine ! Looking forward to getting my 'brick' laptop back to the office and leaving it there !

Happy trails to all and enjoy your device !

cheers,
    heavy
    04-29-11 12:33 PM
    Just returned myself. Had varied success with WIFI in airports and Hotel. Inconsistent reception in the Hote Room, On etime would work well, othersm not so much. Overall, loved the Bridge capability for messages, notepad, Calnedar use at a conference. Speed of browser response and wifi connectivity issues were a disappointment and I hope not a persistent condition.

Overall, it's a keeper with the expectation that the issues will be quickly resolved through OS updates and that wifi issue isn't a hardware failure.
    04-29-11 02:15 PM
    Hello Najo,

I am, also, trying to replace my Franklin Planner with the Playbook. I saw your post with the task app conqu and hope it may resolve one of my problems: I cannot view tasks on my playbook calendar. Have you overcome this with conqu or some other way?
    04-30-11 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD