After the last update I have never noticed so much checkerboarding on playbook as I do now.

I actually see it pretty often and I have a 20/10mbps speed at my house so I know its not my internet.

Just tested the browser against an ipad and it got thromped. But yet I test a 4s vs my 9900 and its dead even.

Have you guys noticed a difference? And yes I've reset and wiped the playbook and I still get the same results.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    Vector-SS likes this.
    05-21-12 11:00 PM
    Mine's been better. Faster loading.
    05-21-12 11:09 PM
    Changes to native browser with BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0.1.358

Pros
    Faster loading of pages
    Problem websites like xda developers do not crash the browser anymore

Cons
    More checkerboarding
    05-21-12 11:15 PM
    I don't have that issue, but I have read some posts that if you have been running Android Apps, it does slow everything down.
    rotorwrench and miroozy like this.
    05-21-12 11:16 PM
    I don't have any android app & since the update I have notice a lot of this checker boarding. Never had this problem before the update.
    05-21-12 11:40 PM
    My experience is that overall, the performance has improved. Checker boarding doesn't bother me as long as it's just for a second.
    05-21-12 11:47 PM
    Yea don't think I have any android apps and if I do they're not running in the background when I use the browser.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that has experienced this.

05-21-12 11:48 PM
    After the last update I have never noticed so much checkerboarding on playbook as I do now.

I actually see it pretty often and I have a 20/10mbps speed at my house so I know its not my internet.

Just tested the browser against an ipad and it got thromped. But yet I test a 4s vs my 9900 and its dead even.

Have you guys noticed a difference? And yes I've reset and wiped the playbook and I still get the same results.

No problems yet. Ive only had my PB for about 3 months but so far so good.
    05-21-12 11:52 PM
    Loading is not a problem for me. What I have noticed is that pages like Crackberry and Yahoo Fantasy Racing that I used to be logged into for weeks at a time I now have to log in every time. Yes, I checked the box that says "Remember Me" and yes, private browsing is off.
    05-22-12 12:26 AM
    I have checkerboarding while a content heavy page is loading. Overall my experience has been faster with the update.
    05-22-12 12:55 AM
    Like others I see a lot of checkerboarding since the update and slower page loading my only response I got was "mine runs faster".
    Then I found the only cure was to reboot it over and over.
    Whatever the problem is I wish I knew because I been rebooting and it isn't any better, just checkerboard city.
    05-22-12 04:56 AM
    I get it if I don't wait for the page to load before scrolling. Although it isn't ideal and hope it will get better I'll take that over poof she gone.
    05-22-12 05:36 AM
    Mine is slower - more checkerboarding. When I first got my playbook I thought it was fast. It's not fast anymore.
    05-22-12 07:57 AM
    Turn off your flash(which would make your device on par with your idevice) or even your java too, bet the Playbook owns most devices then.
    05-22-12 09:03 AM
    Mine is slower - more checkerboarding. When I first got my playbook I thought it was fast. It's not fast anymore.
    Same here word for word. Was impressed at first, not anymore.

I know I can turn off flash but that would deny me of one of the PB's major advantages.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-22-12 09:27 AM
    We know it was better at times so they can make it better again. Hope they do so and leave the poofing out at the same time.
    05-22-12 09:45 AM
    To the OP I too was experiencing this after that minor update. I noticed also that after that update none of my sideloaded apps worked, after reading your thread I decided to do a Security Wipe and all seems better now. Not sure if it had anything to do with the sideloaded apps or not, but the security wipe did fix the issue. For now. Waiting for the next slow in 1, 2
    05-22-12 10:06 AM
    I get it if I don't wait for the page to load before scrolling. Although it isn't ideal and hope it will get better I'll take that over poof she gone.
    I don't notice checker boarding much anymore. The people having the problem may have slower networks that do not load the pages as quickly.

I notice I don't get checker boarding on my PC based web browsers, but they just don't scroll past what has loaded.
    05-22-12 10:13 AM
    To the OP I too was experiencing this after that minor update. I noticed also that after that update none of my sideloaded apps worked, after reading your thread I decided to do a Security Wipe and all seems better now. Not sure if it had anything to do with the sideloaded apps or not, but the security wipe did fix the issue. For now. Waiting for the next slow in 1, 2
    A security wipe after each major OS upgrade has been my standard practice. The PlayBook seems more responsive than just upgrading via OTA updates.
    mud314 likes this.
    05-22-12 10:18 AM
    A security wipe after each major OS upgrade has been my standard practice. The PlayBook seems more responsive than just upgrading via OTA updates.
    I know I can get my answer about this from the documentation but just a quick question about security wipes: how does it affect my purchased apps, downloaded images & documents, and my appworld ID?

I presume I need to backup all my docs including photo albums and everthing else stays intact. If its easy, I may try this to see if it improves any.

Thanks
    05-22-12 10:51 AM
    I know I can get my answer about this from the documentation but just a quick question about security wipes: how does it affect my purchased apps, downloaded images & documents, and my appworld ID?

I presume I need to backup all my docs including photo albums and everthing else stays intact. If its easy, I may try this to see if it improves any.

Thanks
    The security wipe will erase everything. There are two ways to proceed.

The first way is to do a full backup with the desktop software first, do the security wipe and then a restore. This will bring all your apps and data back.

The second option is to manually copy important files, pictures and videos from your PlayBook to the PC, then do the wipe and restore the apps from AppWorld and copy the data back. You will not get App data back this way. So if you use any apps that store any data in part of the filesystem you cannot see, you will loose this data.

No matter which way you choose, do a full backup first so you can always restore the Playbook to the state where you started.
    05-22-12 11:19 AM
    i dont how often i already said this,but its not flash what slows down the browsing experience,to be honest there is hardly any noticable difference with or without.
    But what the real problem is,is javascript.
    The javascript performance of the pb is rubbish,crap and so on.
    Dont wanna troll but thats by far my biggest problem with the pb,it totally ruins the browsing for me.
    I have it disabled almost always and only turn it on if i really have to.
    RIM really NEEDS to do something here
    05-22-12 04:59 PM
    I actually had better browser performance prior to OS 2.0. My browser quite often stalls half way when trying to do tasks such as post on messageboards. My browser also crashes at least twice a day, although it's a lot less than it did before the update, but still not nearly as stable as the original OS was.
    05-22-12 05:25 PM
    i dont how often i already said this,but its not flash what slows down the browsing experience,to be honest there is hardly any noticable difference with or without.
    But what the real problem is,is javascript.
    The javascript performance of the pb is rubbish,crap and so on.
    Dont wanna troll but thats by far my biggest problem with the pb,it totally ruins the browsing for me.
    I have it disabled almost always and only turn it on if i really have to.
    RIM really NEEDS to do something here
    I don't know how the PB browser is in regards to the competition on javascript, but I definitely know that it is my preferred browser of them all.

But, I had performed a test a while ago, and I too noticed that disabling flash gave me an almost unnoticeable difference in page rendering, whereas disabling java made things load in a real pinch. Java is much more important than flash IMO. I find the PB handles flash very well. The browsing speed is also pretty good imo
    05-22-12 06:50 PM
    I hope rim fix this issue with the next update. I managed to snap a screen shot.
    As you can see the Page is loaded.

05-24-12 07:55 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD