Maxthon Mobile for BlackBerry PlayBook with Advanced Gesture and Screenshot Assistant
    Published on May 11th, 2012
    Written by: Stefany Baez
    Next
    Back

SAN FRANCISCO, May 11, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ Maxthon ( www.maxthon.com ), a global software and web services company, announces the release of newly customizable features including Advanced Gesture and Screenshot Assistant for the BlackBerry PlayBook. These options, built exclusively for the BlackBerry Playbook, transform the web with added convenience and personalization. Users can download Maxthon Mobile for the BlackBerry PlayBook at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/98559/?lang=en

Expanding on our 5-star rated reviews, Maxthon Mobile delivers superior performance with a browser designed to enhance the power of the BlackBerry PlayBook. Starting with Advanced Gesture, which enables users to create their own gestures and shortcuts to quickly access their favorite sites, and Screenshot Assistant, which allows people to capture, crop and save part or all of a web page (including text and rich photographs), the BlackBerry PlayBook is now an ideal tablet to enjoy the web, says Jeff Chen, CEO of Maxthon.

Maxthon Mobile is the only browser of its kind that was established with the user in mind. Our R&D team devoted significant hours to crafting a browser that delivers a great experience. The top ratings for Maxthon Mobile, direct from owners of the BlackBerry PlayBook, speak for themselves in this regard. Its a winner, says Karl Mattson, GM of Maxthon International/Chief of Product Development.

About Maxthon

Maxthon Ltd. is an innovative software company and developer of superior web browsers which continue to set new standards for innovation, simplicity, speed and security. Each month more than 130,000,000 people use Maxthons web browser in 120 countries across the world. Maxthon also brings its best-of-breed browsing to the Android platform for mobile devices and tablet computers. Maxthon has offices in San Francisco, Hong Kong and Beijing. For more information about Maxthon please visit www.maxthon.com .
    jpash549 likes this.
    05-13-12 03:55 PM
    Cool. Didn't realize Maxthon was ported to the Playbook.
    05-13-12 04:34 PM
    Tried it. Useless it is.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 04:35 PM
    its an android app unless i downloaded the wrong one.
    05-13-12 04:39 PM
    05-13-12 04:43 PM
    its an android app unless i downloaded the wrong one.
    It is an Android app, but it has been officially ported and made to work better and more properly than the sideloaded one that's been available for some time.
    05-13-12 04:54 PM
    Idk still on the fence about it. Need more time to decides if its worth keeping or not.
    05-13-12 06:10 PM
    Idk still on the fence about it. Need more time to decides if its worth keeping or not.
    Yeah, same for me. I very much prefer native Playbook apps over the fake ones any day. But I was surprised how well this official Maxthon functioned, what little bit I used of it. I'm still deliberating on whether it's worthy to replace the OEM browser. Maybe I'll just keep Maxthon around as a backup for whatever unforeseen. I really don't see a need for an alternative browser other than organizing bookmarks.
    05-13-12 06:14 PM
    It is new version indeed. Looks like all previous problems are gone. Cool
    balding1 likes this.
    05-13-12 06:31 PM
    It is new version indeed. Looks like all previous problems are gone. Cool
    Installed again because you tested,got to agree most of the kinks seem to be gone with this version.
    05-13-12 07:02 PM
    Installed again because you tested,got to agree most of the kinks seem to be gone with this version.
    this is surely best android based browser for playbook. many cool features. works well and it is reasonably fast. I will leave 4/5 for good effort. shame this is not native app. maxthon would be much faster and 6/5 for hard work. I would even gladly pay for it
    05-13-12 07:30 PM
    So far I have found this Bowser to be as fast as BlackBerry browser. With the two add-ons in app world, bookmarks, quicklinks and more, this will be my default browser as long as it stays stable.
    05-13-12 08:13 PM
    So far I have found this Bowser to be as fast as BlackBerry browser. With the two add-ons in app world, bookmarks, quicklinks and more, this will be my default browser as long as it stays stable.
    it is good but not as fast as native browser. also flash is not working even though flash option is enabled

Sent from Tapatalk for Playbook
    05-13-12 08:51 PM
    Agree with TN Nurse above... not quite as fast in browsing... also no flash...
    That aside, it's a very nice format.... lots of good options.... works flawlessly.. and the price is right...
    05-14-12 07:22 AM
    Maxthon 2.6.5 is quite fast for me with a high-speed Internet.

I love the multi-tab function and easy bookmark access from Home. Once synced, no typing to go to my favorite site...very fast.

Expect more add-ons to come.
    07-17-12 10:59 AM
    I have tested Maxthorn on Android Tablet Vs Playbook and Playbook version is slower but not that much slower. Good browser but it does not support flash on Playbook.
    07-17-12 11:58 AM
    Used it with OS 2.0.

Liked the features but constantly crashed.

Haven't tried it with the 2.1 beta.
    07-17-12 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD