Anyone grab a matte screen protector with your playbook? I'm looking for something that will give me less drag while swiping about on it.

Looking for good brands - screen protectors seem to be a shot in the dark.
    04-25-11 09:49 PM
    04-25-11 10:03 PM
    icon comes with two protectors. a matte one and a glossy one.

I use the glossy one and it feels smooth as butter.
    Last edited by narci; 04-25-11 at 10:19 PM.
    04-25-11 10:08 PM
    Is that matte? It looks like it's glossy.
    04-25-11 10:08 PM
    It's gonna be glossy, but it feels the closest of any screen protector to being the actual screen. Ghost armor feels great. Best screen protector out there for any device.
    04-25-11 10:17 PM
    04-25-11 10:24 PM
    How long did it take to get delivered? Just uses "static" cling to hold on? And it is matte? That's quite a bit cheaper than the one I was looking at:

Anti-Glare Film - Blackberry - Shop

(the official BB site sells that one apparently)
    04-25-11 11:35 PM
    I also bought the i-con two pack of reusable screen protectors. I use the matte one and love, I used the glossy for the first few days, but took it off. Not 'grippy'(sic) enough.
    04-25-11 11:46 PM
    If the "i-con" is different, do you have a link for that one?
    04-26-11 12:06 AM
    ICON Products - Video Game Accessories

I-Con Homepage
    If the website is a little weird, check out the product info at

Icon BlackBerry PlayBook Anti-Glare Screen Protector - 2 Pack (ASD337) : Tablet Cases & Skins - Future Shop

Cheers,
    Last edited by Oniberry; 04-26-11 at 12:13 AM.
    04-26-11 12:11 AM
    i use the I-con matte cover. It's decent, not sticky at all to touch.

Here's a link
    04-26-11 12:12 AM
    Is that matte? It looks like it's glossy.
    It is hard to classify that way. If you look at it on a steep angle it has a mottled look, kind of like an orange peel that you don't see from a normal viewing angle. But it is kind of reflective in bright light, similar to glossy. As esc0bar said, texture is very close to the feel of glass. I wouldn't say it has less drag, though. This may not be what you are looking for, but imo it's the best I've seen, particularly if you are near a retail shop and let them do the install.
    04-26-11 05:36 AM
    i just installed a matte screen protector on my playbook and i dont like it.anybody else installed matte on their playbook?
    05-16-11 08:57 PM
    Matte is nice for fingerprints, but I don't like the way it makes the screen look.
    05-16-11 08:58 PM
    Matte is nice for fingerprints, but I don't like the way it makes the screen look.
    did you take it off and replace at all?
    05-16-11 08:59 PM
    I bought the Tru Protection HD Anti-Glare Screen Film for my BlackBerry PlayBook. I have a couple smallish bubble that still need to be worked out; they are stubborn and refuse to move along towards to the bevel no matter how much I push them. Any ideas? Oh, the matte finish looks very nice and enhances the crispness of the display.
    05-16-11 09:03 PM
    I bought the Tru Protection HD Anti-Glare Screen Film for my BlackBerry PlayBook. I have a couple smallish bubble that still need to be worked out; they are stubborn and refuse to move along towards to the bevel no matter how much I push them. Any ideas? Oh, the matte finish looks very nice and enhances the crispness of the display.
    i read something that they use hair blower to dry the bubbles but i didnt try myself.i order a cheap matte one at amazon and it perfectly fit and no bubbles but the screen clarity is altered,i mean its not as clear as before i installed the protector but it feel good when you scroll on the screen though.
    05-16-11 09:11 PM
    can anyone post pics of their playbook with a matte screen protector. screen on and screen off please?
    05-27-11 06:36 PM
    Just got and installed the Tru Protection Anti-glare HD screen protector today. Clarity is excellent. This was specially developed to show the HD quality of the screen. Company is a division of Powersupport USA and you can find videos on Youtube on how to install and troubleshoot. Very helpful. Here's the one to get rid of the air bubbles and it worked for me. I had 3 small ones after installing.

I'm very happy with it. It fits perfectly, feels and looks great. Very glad I watched the videos first!
    06-13-11 07:58 PM
    i-con is a terrible name.
    06-13-11 08:01 PM
    i just got some screen protectors off of ebay.....nasty rainbow effect all around.

can anyone vouch for a protector that doesnt have this effect?either anti glare or glossy, id try them both
    06-13-11 09:49 PM
    I got one from Ishoppingdeals on Amazon. I thought it was fine but I think I read others were not happy with it. Came in a 2 pack.
    06-13-11 11:06 PM
    I got one from Ishoppingdeals on Amazon. I thought it was fine but I think I read others were not happy with it. Came in a 2 pack.
    any rainbowing?

god that thing i bought looked awful. i dont even want to see my screen looking like that again
    06-13-11 11:12 PM
    I use the matte protector that came with the Bodyguardz Carbon Fiber skin. It works and looks great. To get the bubbles out, use a credit card. And keep working at it until they're gone.

ETA: There's no rainbowing on mine.
    Last edited by Fazermint; 06-13-11 at 11:21 PM.
    06-13-11 11:19 PM
    I did not notice any rainbowing. Now any matte finish is going to diminish the clarity to some extent but I really did not see a significant impact. If only they used 'museum quality glass' on the initial display like some frame shops!!!
    06-13-11 11:59 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD