I read all these threads about people having all kinds of WIFI issues and think to myself that I must be lucky. I can honestly say that I never have any WIFI issues no matter whose network am on wether is home, a hotel, the in-laws, you name it always works fine for me.
    Make that 2 of us.
    12-30-11 09:39 PM
    Add me to the "lucky" list. I bought my Playbook, brought it home and hooked into my home wifi with no problems. Nor have I had any problems with wifi elsewhere despite different carriers and routers!

Whats more, while I admit to not being a gamer, but I've downloaded and installed quite a few apps of varying types and utility, and despite having several open at once, none have shut down on me. Heck, my charger is located within 6 feet of our plasma tv without ill effect!

Given that my husband's PB also hooked into our wifi and my luck is increased three-fold!

I must have a guardian angel!
    12-30-11 09:50 PM
    I've never had a problem with any wifi... even over at my son's house.

12-30-11 09:54 PM
    I did run into some problems in a hotel in Estes Park, CO. It kept trying to authenticate. I finally gave up.
    12-30-11 10:12 PM
    Wifi problem? What wifi problem? None to report! On a secure limited wifi network at work it seems its only the non-BBs that got intermittent wifi issues
    ralfyguy likes this.
    12-30-11 10:34 PM
    yes i have been having the exact same issues i bought my playbook less than a week ago and its getting me down because i love the product youtube virtually doesnt work for me all vids go to a chains with an ! circled in the middle, however sometimes it does work so here must be a reason, also the opening apps and bb automatically closing me them is driving me up the wall this happens sometimes when only my browser up , please someone help us!
    Open your browser, go to settings (swipe down, tap on the gear/options), tap on privacy&security, and clear history, cache, cookies. That should fix it. You can also re-start your PlayBook for good measure.
    jafobabe and crackberryjill like this.
    12-30-11 10:47 PM
    My PB has traveld with me to at least 7 seperate countries, never a wifi issue after my original setup.
    12-30-11 11:11 PM
    NO MANUAL - WHY?

I finally got the 32 GB PB
    I was so exited � until I opened the package.
    Nice black box � nice PB � but obsoletely � no instructions.
    What a bummer! � What is RIM thinking of?
    After hour and a half � trying to sign in to BB � for an account - got the � error �>

Sigh in Failed
    Unknown server error (30641)

Should I just return this �thing�

And an other ting � the creating an account here is = nuts!
    The instructions are in Crackberry -see link beneath my post - tips for newbies vvv
    12-31-11 02:34 AM
    yes i have been having the exact same issues i bought my playbook less than a week ago and its getting me down because i love the product youtube virtually doesnt work for me all vids go to a chains with an ! circled in the middle, however sometimes it does work so here must be a reason, also the opening apps and bb automatically closing me them is driving me up the wall this happens sometimes when only my browser up , please someone help us!

Ive been told the chain link with the ! is a flash problem and i have seen it on other machines with other browsers it is not a playbook thing.

As stated by lotuslander above clear the stuff, close the browser, reset, should be good to go. Just means flash crashed.
    12-31-11 02:41 AM
    So that was it? Yes I understand your excitement but only open as many apps as you can handle...lol
    lool yes i know what u mean i a really good when it comes to memeory mangement usually but maybe this time i was not, and restarting my playbook seemed to stop the problems
    12-31-11 05:38 AM
    Open your browser, go to settings (swipe down, tap on the gear/options), tap on privacy&security, and clear history, cache, cookies. That should fix it. You can also re-start your PlayBook for good measure.
    thank you foryour advice however im still having the same problems are their any external browsers i could perhaps try it on? any other ideas i would be eternally grateful!
    12-31-11 05:42 AM
    it appears youtube seems to crash my flash whenever im on it because vimeo etc work fine before i get onto youtube :/
    12-31-11 05:50 AM
    This is a weird thread... thanked by the OP but without stating any workaround and then slipping to wifi problems that so many threads are about (and mostly solved).

So, maybe some basic "stickies" to the followers :

1. Please state what OS version you are using.
    2. State if you have something "special" installed (jailbreak, android runtime, ...)
    3. If you start from a (presumed) brand new PB, doing a security wipe will mostly solve any problem, as you'll update straight to the latest official OS release. Remember that sometimes the machine you get can be "refurbished" and previous instability remains.
    4. Always prefer Destkop Manager update to PB update.

Being more specific describing your problems will help us to help you.
    For the OP's problems, I'll recomand a debrick routine :
    1/ Start DM
    2/ Plug your PB and ignore any message
    3/ PB being plugged turn it off then on
    4/ Choose "update" in the "Can't connect" dialog box.
    (Warning : If apps or data have been bought/populated, do a backup first)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-31-11 at 05:53 AM.
    12-31-11 05:51 AM
    maybe re-state the title of this thread since it seems to be misleading
    12-31-11 06:37 AM
    also one of the most annoying things is that sometimes the flash player will not work and will not load my videos instead it will just show a white screen with a "i" in the middle of it since i bought the playbook mainly for flash this has to be my BIGGEST GRIPE with it and its very dissapointing. !!
    Happens to me quite often but that usually only occurs when i have a crappy internet connection. Usually closing the browser and resetting my internet connection fixes this
    12-31-11 08:32 AM
    Why is it now that I just can't believe these newbies that come on here now with these BS problems with their PB?

Am I the only one that has NEVER had a wi-fi issue?

I'm sorry, just cynical now.... seen this too many times. And now it's the same people that "like" any comment that has a negative spin to it.
    Snap51 likes this.
    12-31-11 09:02 AM
    If you want to get real geeky. For your home network set your wireless router to a band that all your devices can use. All of my devices can handle wireless "N" so that is how I have my router set: "N only" If you have some older devices you may need to use "G only" Hopefully you do NOT have anything that still needs "B" if you do please ignore this comment...............
    If your router has only one band to deal with you should get better through put.
    Your Playbook IS wireless N capable. My Playbook now connects at 65 Mbps to my router.
    I am running OS2 Beta .6149 and my web browser just smokes!!!!
    12-31-11 09:39 AM
    Why is it now that I just can't believe these newbies that come on here now with these BS problems with their PB?

Am I the only one that has NEVER had a wi-fi issue?

I'm sorry, just cynical now.... seen this too many times. And now it's the same people that "like" any comment that has a negative spin to it.
    I know your tired of these,but you're just being kind of mean to the newcomers here for their problems.You would do the same for your problems too,kid.
    12-31-11 09:46 AM
    If you really do own a Blackberry Playbook.......I honestly have my doubts these days.

1. Call Blackberry Support and they will be more than helpful
    2. Send it back if they can't help you

Good Luck!
    im glad your not answering any of my questions. with the attitude people have around here im shocked anyone new to BB would stay?

really, its a web site about RIM products, not a witch hunt.

does everyone that has a negative thing to say have to be labled or looked at like they are a troll?

this site is very good when needing help or just looking to chat things BB but after 6 weeks its getting a bit old already.
    12-31-11 11:12 AM
    I know your tired of these,but you're just being kind of mean to the newcomers here for their problems.You would do the same for your problems too,kid.
    I understand where you're coming from, but the PB forums have made it tough to take anyone seriously.
    kbz1960 and recompile like this.
    12-31-11 11:13 AM
    No probs with wifi here. Used my PB in pubs, bars, airports, other peoples houses etc.in the UK and the US.
    01-01-12 10:59 AM
    This is a weird thread... thanked by the OP but without stating any workaround and then slipping to wifi problems that so many threads are about (and mostly solved).

So, maybe some basic "stickies" to the followers :

1. Please state what OS version you are using.
    2. State if you have something "special" installed (jailbreak, android runtime, ...)
    3. If you start from a (presumed) brand new PB, doing a security wipe will mostly solve any problem, as you'll update straight to the latest official OS release. Remember that sometimes the machine you get can be "refurbished" and previous instability remains.
    4. Always prefer Destkop Manager update to PB update.

Being more specific describing your problems will help us to help you.
    For the OP's problems, I'll recomand a debrick routine :
    1/ Start DM
    2/ Plug your PB and ignore any message
    3/ PB being plugged turn it off then on
    4/ Choose "update" in the "Can't connect" dialog box.
    (Warning : If apps or data have been bought/populated, do a backup first)
    1. 1.086067
    2.nothing special
    3.i bought mine brand new from a big uk electronics retailer

it cant be my internet connection because when i have 3/4 bars wi fi signal it doesnt work, i just want youtube to work
    01-01-12 07:10 PM
    hi, you need to do a security wipe. this will help. do it now before you load too many apps and others since a wipe will erase all.

In case you do not know how: swipe top down (options) then select security then security wipe.

Good luck
    01-01-12 07:54 PM
    1. 1.086067
    2.nothing special

it cant be my internet connection because when i have 3/4 bars wi fi signal it doesnt work, i just want youtube to work
    What is your internet speed?
    01-01-12 08:04 PM
    1. 1.086067
    2.nothing special

Ok, thanks for the details.
    Please, have a look here : http://crackberry.com/factory-reset-...ricked-devices
    01-02-12 05:21 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD