Hey guys i just got my brand new 32gb blackberry playbook a few days ago and was expecting a lovely smooth os to accompany it BOY WAAS I WRONG!! for the most part it is good and smooth but sometimes apps will just randomly close or not open at all and i found out thats because other certain apps are open (for example facebook would not open since the browser was open and when i closed the browser facebook opened) also one of the most annoying things is that sometimes the flash player will not work and will not load my videos instead it will just show a white screen with a "i" in the middle of it since i bought the playbook mainly for flash this has to be my BIGGEST GRIPE with it and its very dissapointing. also sometimes when i try and play a recorded video it keeps on saying an error has occured i really dont understand where theese problems are coming from and i am so angry that i have spent over 400 pounds on a devices that lets me down most of the time please if you guys can help me in any way it would be greatly apprciated. I love my playbook and the hard is very mind blowing but the software lets it down please help me!!!!
    12-30-11 03:56 PM
    did u check your wireless connection? i changed my security from wep to wpa and it helped emmensely!
    KermEd and Berrimad like this.
    12-30-11 04:09 PM
    I'd take it back mate, �400! you can get the 32gb for �200 atm from carphone ware house.
    sounds like you are having some issues, did you get it retail or from ebay? mine has been flawless other then one freeze while playing tetris
    12-30-11 04:09 PM
    HAPPY NEW YEAR

It would be useful to be very specific about cause and effect. I have a new Playbook and it has been almost perfect in every sense. (The only problem was the need to reboot the BB and the Playbook when the Bridge was installed ... otherwise BBM doesnt work)

I cannot generate any of your sysmptoms here
    KermEd and Berrimad like this.
    12-30-11 04:10 PM
    If you really do own a Blackberry Playbook.......I honestly have my doubts these days.

1. Call Blackberry Support and they will be more than helpful
    2. Send it back if they can't help you

Good Luck!
    12-30-11 04:15 PM
    What webpages or page is giving you issues?

I can also say I have experienced none of these issues. I have however had an app or apps close when i had many things open and running at the same time. I expect that though as it is part of the SW that helps control processor bandwidth.
    12-30-11 04:27 PM
    did u check your wireless connection? i changed my security from wep to wpa and it helped emmensely!
    can u pls tell me how to do this as i think this may be the problem
    12-30-11 05:08 PM
    no i bought mine from carphone warehouse as well but this was before the sale and i cant go in to more detail then i already have the main problem is the flash player is there no one that is having the problem???
    12-30-11 05:11 PM
    can u pls tell me how to do this as i think this may be the problem
    If you google it there is some good instructions out there on how to do this. Good luck, I hope one of the options works for you.
    Snap51 likes this.
    12-30-11 05:17 PM
    apps closing and the flash not working seem to relate directly to RAM problems. How many apps are open when windows start closing?
    12-30-11 05:33 PM
    ok thank u soo much guys
    12-30-11 05:34 PM
    So that was it? Yes I understand your excitement but only open as many apps as you can handle...lol
    12-30-11 05:39 PM
    Changing from WEP to WPA did help here, thanks for the tip!
    12-30-11 05:41 PM
    Changing from WEP to WPA did help here, thanks for the tip!
    Yay!!!!! Glad you got yours working

Ok you Crackberry geeky posters..... We need a step by step for these wifi issues, so it doesn't have to be re-typed all the time?
    12-30-11 05:48 PM
    Yay!!!!! Glad you got yours working

Ok you Crackberry geeky posters..... We need a step by step for these wifi issues, so it doesn't have to be re-typed all the time?
    No, we need a fix from RIM. Changing encryption protocols and degrading 802.11 performance of your own router is bad enough, but even if you are willing to accept this at home it does nothing to help you when you take the tablet on the road. Try telling the hotel or coffee shop employees to start messing with their router to compensate for your tablets flaws and you will rightly be laughed off.

What good is a highly portable internet device that in many cases can't be used for internet access once you leave home?

Even at home if you push big media files etc around your network between other devices, giving up the N protocol for B or G to accommodate your Playbook will seriously suck.
    12-30-11 07:21 PM
    While the wifi thing doesn't affect most RIM does need to do something about it. OP if it were me since you seem to be having so much trouble and if you don't have much on it I would do a debrick and if that didn't help I'd call RIM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-30-11 07:30 PM
    yes i have been having the exact same issues i bought my playbook less than a week ago and its getting me down because i love the product youtube virtually doesnt work for me all vids go to a chains with an ! circled in the middle, however sometimes it does work so here must be a reason, also the opening apps and bb automatically closing me them is driving me up the wall this happens sometimes when only my browser up , please someone help us!
    12-30-11 07:58 PM
    Hey guys i just got my brand new 32gb blackberry playbook a few days ago and was expecting a lovely smooth os to accompany it BOY WAAS I WRONG!! for the most part it is good and smooth but sometimes apps will just randomly close or not open at all and i found out thats because other certain apps are open (for example facebook would not open since the browser was open and when i closed the browser facebook opened) also one of the most annoying things is that sometimes the flash player will not work and will not load my videos instead it will just show a white screen with a "i" in the middle of it since i bought the playbook mainly for flash this has to be my BIGGEST GRIPE with it and its very dissapointing. also sometimes when i try and play a recorded video it keeps on saying an error has occured i really dont understand where theese problems are coming from and i am so angry that i have spent over 400 pounds on a devices that lets me down most of the time please if you guys can help me in any way it would be greatly apprciated. I love my playbook and the hard is very mind blowing but the software lets it down please help me!!!!

NO MANUAL - WHY?

I finally got the 32 GB PB
    I was so exited � until I opened the package.
    Nice black box � nice PB � but obsoletely � no instructions.
    What a bummer! � What is RIM thinking of?
    After hour and a half � trying to sign in to BB � for an account - got the � error �>

Sigh in Failed
    Unknown server error (30641)

Should I just return this �thing�

And an other ting � the creating an account here is = nuts!
    12-30-11 08:08 PM
    and bb automatically closing me

Does this mean the apps closing or the system turning off?

If it's any of them it may be a problem with your OS,here's what you can try:

-Tap the Settings Cog at the very top right of your tablet screen,go to security

-Do a Security Wipe(Deletes all files),if you have anything you want to backup,connect your tablet to a computer with The latest version of Desktop Software and do a backup of your files

-It will reset your Tablet to when you first opened it(kind of,OS is only under 100MB) and you will set it up

-Connect your tablet back to your computer and put all your files back

Tell me if it worked,thanks
    12-30-11 08:09 PM
    Sounds like some of you need to help yourself and call RIM for support to see if it is a hardware problem or not but since that is too difficult to do or there is some other reason why you wouldn't want to.

Help yourself and call RIM.
    CDM76, crackberryjill and sllock like this.
    12-30-11 08:12 PM
    Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    CDM76 and jafobabe like this.
    12-30-11 08:14 PM
    thanks kid cudi i mean it closes the app as soon as i open it, ive had my playbook 4 days i dont see why it wud need wiping, i cant keep doing awipe everytime this occurs surely its only a matter of time if i had to wipe it just under4 days
    12-30-11 08:17 PM
    Well if you wipe it,it wont happen again,lol
    12-30-11 08:20 PM
    If you really do own a Blackberry Playbook.......I honestly have my doubts these days.

1. Call Blackberry Support and they will be more than helpful
    2. Send it back if they can't help you

Good Luck!
    i also have doubts . all the bad threads of pb comes from the same type of account .
    man PB must really be scaring some people .
    mariobastros likes this.
    12-30-11 08:40 PM
    No, we need a fix from RIM. Changing encryption protocols and degrading 802.11 performance of your own router is bad enough, but even if you are willing to accept this at home it does nothing to help you when you take the tablet on the road. Try telling the hotel or coffee shop employees to start messing with their router to compensate for your tablets flaws and you will rightly be laughed off.

What good is a highly portable internet device that in many cases can't be used for internet access once you leave home?

Even at home if you push big media files etc around your network between other devices, giving up the N protocol for B or G to accommodate your Playbook will seriously suck.
    I read all these threads about people having all kinds of WIFI issues and think to myself that I must be lucky. I can honestly say that I never have any WIFI issues no matter whose network am on wether is home, a hotel, the in-laws, you name it always works fine for me.
    VideoFrog and jamesbondOO7 like this.
    12-30-11 09:25 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD