After the latest OS update, I have both MapApp and Google Maps on my main desktop with the same icon and appear to be the same program. I uninstalled MapApp, but how do I get rid of it from the Uninstalled list in my App World? I reinstalled MapApp and immediately got an update from version 1 to version 2. There seems to be no way to get rid of it from both the Installed and the Uninstalled lists.
    06-07-11 10:56 PM
    I uninstalled MappApp and both the MapApp and Google Maps icons were gone from my Desktop. I then reinstalled MapApp 2.0 and it now appears as MapApp as it's supposed to. They had some nerve calling it Google Maps and trying to look as if it were the official Google Maps. It hardly even works LOL

BTW, I no longer have it in my Uninstalled List once I reinstalled it, so try running the R-S-T command from within App World to see if it clears it up.
    06-07-11 11:08 PM
    not sure i can open both apps at the same time thought (two windows.) and can run concurrently...
    06-07-11 11:12 PM
    not sure i can open both apps at the same time thought (two windows.) and can run concurrently...
    Funny thing is that they're both the same App. I would just delete both and install the updated MapApp 2.0.
    06-07-11 11:14 PM
    Didn't work for me. I uninstalled MapApp again and Google Maps is still there just like before. I just deleted the Google Maps icon manually and so far OS update check said I'm current and not try to give me the icon back. Can anyone confirm that Google Maps is part of the latest OS update? I'm pretty sure that I didn't have Google Maps when I installed MapApp and another map program awhile back.
    06-07-11 11:23 PM
    Didn't work for me. I uninstalled MapApp again and Google Maps is still there just like before. I just deleted the Google Maps icon manually and so far OS update check said I'm current and not try to give me the icon back. Can anyone confirm that Google Maps is part of the latest OS update? I'm pretty sure that I didn't have Google Maps when I installed MapApp and another map program awhile back.
    It's not a part of the OS update. I've updated 3 different Playbooks that didn't have the app pre or post OS update.
    06-07-11 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD