Has anyone found the playbook ignore the fact you tell it to only sync email accounts manually (i.e. push turned off).

I've had to start turning off wifi when I'm not using it because it eats the battery when it's just sat there even though I've told it not to push email to me. It just ignores it and does it anyway. I'm always waking up to email notifications.

why does it not do as it's told?
    Herve5 likes this.
    11-02-12 05:36 PM
    Has anyone found the playbook ignore the fact you tell it to only sync email accounts manually (i.e. push turned off).

I've had to start turning off wifi when I'm not using it because it eats the battery when it's just sat there even though I've told it not to push email to me. It just ignores it and does it anyway. I'm always waking up to email notifications.

why does it not do as it's told?
    I've explained this before. You have to remember Manual labor versus Automation. Manual Labor uses more energy and Rim adopted that system for the retrieval of email - Manual Sync burns through the battery!

It is and remains another of the UNfixed bugs!!!!
    Zildjian71 and anon(4301243) like this.
    11-02-12 06:08 PM
    But surely manual syncing is no syncing (until I say so)?

How is it any different from no email accounts even there?

Thanks for the quick reply btw
    11-02-12 06:31 PM
    It is just a bug so there's no explaining what part of the code is broken and why it behaves as it does. It has been that way since the release of the native mail OS update, I believe - so quite a while.
    Herve5 and anon(4301243) like this.
    11-02-12 09:17 PM
    It is just a bug so there's no explaining what part of the code is broken and why it behaves as it does. It has been that way since the release of the native mail OS update, I believe - so quite a while.
    Still, it is very shocking, at least to me, that such a bug stays for so long -- all the more than RIM indeed published an update for Mail.
    I had two absolute requirements before buying: having an adblocking-capable browser (because I knew I just wouldn't use it otherwise), and getting a decent email.
    I went up to registering here before buying, and found for instance SimpleBrowser+ perfect for adblocking.
    But, I didn't even ask about email: I knew there was one built-in.
    Today, I live with a sideloaded android app (Kaiten mail), which means no relation with addressbook or agenda, and in spite of this the crappy built-in app still manages to intrude and wreak havoc, because of the bug you describe.
    In all honesty, the history of mail on Playbook is just this: indecent.
    Last edited by Herve5; 11-03-12 at 05:01 AM.
    sputneek, anon(4301243) and FF22 like this.
    11-03-12 04:46 AM
    I had two absolute requirements before buying:

I went up to registering here before buying,
    It should be a mandatory requirement for Playbook programmers to register here, then MAYBE stuff like this nonsense would get fixed.
    anon(4301243) likes this.
    11-03-12 08:45 AM
    They have their own Forums, if you want them to know, join their forums.
    11-03-12 12:12 PM
    This is a joke...battery lasted less than 12 hours yesterday.....looks like I'll be deleting my email accounts, shame I can't use it to its full potential
    11-11-12 05:56 AM