12-30-11 03:22 AM
105 ... 2345
tools
    I like to listen to world music such as the Mark Coles Music world music shedcast. Because it's streamed as Flash audio, my iPhone refused to play it. Now I listen using the PlayBook, walking around the house wearing my huge headphones. It works pretty good, easier to use than a silly laptop.

PlayBook also does YouTube very well.
    Lol that's a site, and the playbook is where, in the pocket of your bathrobe?
    11-04-11 12:46 AM
    I only started using the Kobo reader after I blasted through the first four paperbacks of George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series (more commonly known as Game of Thrones). I had bought them before i got my Playbook so I was excited to finish them and then get the fifth and current book to read on my tablet. The size of the Playbook is so perfect for reading books on especially when i take public transit to and from work everyday. And it's really satisfying to switch to BBM to answer a message on the fly and then swipe back to get to my book. If only I could answer SMS texts on it :s but I'm hoping that will be included in the 2.0 update
    stevepar and black hole like this.
    11-04-11 01:34 AM
    I LOVE THIS THING! I have two hours of commute everyday for work, and this thing is the effing bomb. I use my 9900 quite a bit, and having the PB as a big screen extension for many of the apps I use is simply awesome. Its been perfect for my mobile use and I feel that the overall build quality, OS and size have just been icing on the cake for my BB experience. I'm definitely a fanboy and have brand preference but this is just great. There is still a lot of things I would love to see in it, but so far right now, this is great.

On top of this, when I need to do a quick editing on the go and don't want to bring my laptop, this paired with an Apple wireless keyboard and inCase Origami Workstation case is perfect. Just perfect. Love it.
    Last edited by nikonwhore; 11-06-11 at 12:06 AM.
    11-06-11 12:03 AM
    I got my PlayBook on launch day - had pre-ordered it at Best Buy. There has not been a day that I didn't use it. I'm attached to it just like I'm attached to my 9930. My only regret is that I didn't get a 32 or 64 gb. Love this thread also.
    11-06-11 01:11 AM
    I received mine as a gift, but i haven't been able to put it down since. I love to browsing this site on it.

Love the positive energy as well.
    Last edited by spike12; 11-06-11 at 01:18 AM. Reason: correct typo
    black hole likes this.
    11-06-11 01:17 AM
    The playbook is fantastic, mine is two weeks old, and very happy with it.
    11-06-11 08:30 AM
    Glad to see more people happy with it as is. And knowing that updates will be coming whenever just makes it all that much better.
    Bisboxer likes this.
    11-06-11 09:22 AM
    and the love continues!
    11-22-11 02:01 AM
    Compared the almost 6 months ago, the PB's in much better shape today. Really good games coming along, some solid apps (cooklet, evernote, Blaq), great support for web apps (e.g. Google Music), and increasing stability/maturation with the OS.

It'll only get better
    Last edited by greatwiseone; 11-22-11 at 02:22 AM.
    11-22-11 02:20 AM
    As a big consumer of all things tech....I gotta say, my PB is so far my fave in years!!

Despite all the endless whining on this site... its a wicked good all around useable device.

Bridge is the best thing going!...its so incredibly handy.

My 12 yo tech freak son loves its portability and the fact he can geek out on the drive to school....full internet...not a throttled, app reliant experience. He has a free ipad thru school...and far prefers the PB.

My completely non tech artist wife even loves it....which as a teacher and a career of using Apple products, says a lot in itself.

Nothing beyond the frustrating lack of autocorrect really bothers us too much...like all things in life, there is always room to improve!
    Your 12 yo son has an iPad through school?

Maaan did things change since 1999 or what!
    11-22-11 02:21 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Your 12 yo son has an iPad through school?

Maaan did things change since 1999 or what!
    I Agree too! .. The Playbook is awesome ... use it in cafes, at home, in hotels, everywhere ... currently using it in Tokyo ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 02:44 AM
    Yes, I really dig my 16 gig PB too, even though I don't have it yet; but I will in the 'morrow.
    11-22-11 06:30 AM
    What is really cool is to be on your BlackBerry phone and making an appointment on your PlayBook. No need to say:"wait a minute, I check my calendar"!
    Same with: "and that is the phone number you were looking for" or whatever.
    11-22-11 06:56 AM
    I STILL freaking love this thing!

Note: don't let angry i-people get these important threads closed - ignore, do not engage.
    How will you recognize them? (umm apple logo avatar is big red flag lol)
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-29-11 at 09:57 AM.
    11-29-11 09:54 AM
    It is a wonderful tool. Just travelled to Disney World with my 8 year old over Thanksgiving. As you may guess, all day walking with a backpack full of necessities. My wife wondered why that included my PB. After using it to video us on different rides, etc. she said it was nice and easy. After using it to watch movies at night through the HDMI, instead of paying the outrageous hotel cost, she said it was really nice. And after Bridging to my Storm 2, changing and confirming our flight and picking out our seats at exactly the 24 hour mark prior to departure...which coincided with being in the middle of EPCOT, with no other internet in sight. She was sold.

Loving my PB.
    11-29-11 10:46 AM
    Wow.. I love reading your experiences with PB. I wish this thread has existed sooner. I don't have a PB yet. But I definitely will get it sometime next year. More stories please.
    11-29-11 10:53 AM
    So I am at a dog show. In the ring judging. I stop walk over to the table and check the breed standard on my PB. Judge in the other ring later asks me to have a look at my PB. He is amazed that I have all of the Canadian Kennel Club and American Kennel club breed standards on it. He tells me he had considered getting one but so many people told him bad things about the PB. By the time I was done showing how to access the web, email etc via bridge he was sold. I love my PB. I used to have to carry a large binder for the breed standards. Travelling has become so much easier with my PB
    11-29-11 11:00 AM
    Only had mine for a week. Love it. Great stories. Keep them coming!
    AsBloodRunsBlack and barskin like this.
    11-29-11 11:12 AM
    BB travel app and a bridged PB? Doesn't get any better than that.
    11-29-11 11:13 AM
    Both my sons love using our PlayBook. They are 6 and 4 years old. We use online and app based reading and math software such as Starfall(flash based site) to give them a head start for school. Games such as the included Need for Speed or Madden NFL 12 they enjoy very much as well. Watching HD movies or Streaming Youtube obviously works very well. If your lucky enough to pick one up at the discounted price even better! I paid full price for a 32Gb PlayBook minus some Staples coupons back in June or July and don't regret it whatsoever! btw just bought a 16 Gb at the discounted price to play with OS 2 and use for myself...lol
    11-29-11 12:34 PM
    I already thought life was sweet with my Bold 9900. Now with the PB, it is taking another dimension. RIM rocks big time!
    11-29-11 12:51 PM
    nice...everyone seems a little more positive lately!...
    12-29-11 06:53 PM
    Very nice. Im glad to see lots of people starting to love the PlayBook. I know I sure do.
    12-29-11 07:18 PM
    Have had mine since September and have found I just can NOT put it down! I haver also noticed that it's glued to my hip and am always on it when not at work.

I have the official OS and will wait for the upgrade to 2 like a kid waiting to open the presents.

In the mean time, I keep reading all the threads on how to do stuff that isn't yet in the Newbie Tips thread, and am just amazed at all the things you can do!
    This forum is chock full of USEFUL info from knowledged posters.

I'ts only going to get better!!
    12-29-11 09:24 PM
    I have mine strapped to my wrist. Nobody has said anything yet. But then, I'm Blackjack.Who would dare?
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-29-11 09:40 PM
105 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD