As a big consumer of all things tech....I gotta say, my PB is so far my fave in years!!

Despite all the endless whining on this site... its a wicked good all around useable device.

Bridge is the best thing going!...its so incredibly handy.

My 12 yo tech freak son loves its portability and the fact he can geek out on the drive to school....full internet...not a throttled, app reliant experience. He has a free ipad thru school...and far prefers the PB.

My completely non tech artist wife even loves it....which as a teacher and a career of using Apple products, says a lot in itself.

Nothing beyond the frustrating lack of autocorrect really bothers us too much...like all things in life, there is always room to improve!
    10-27-11 09:53 PM
    As a big consumer of all things tech....I gotta say, my PB is so far my fave in years!!

Despite all the endless whining on this site... its a wicked good all around useable device.

My 12 yo tech freak son loves its portability and the fact he can geek out on the drive to school....full internet...not a throttled, app reliant experience. He has a free ipad thru school...and far prefers the PB.

My completely non tech artist wife even loves it....which as a teacher and a career of using Apple products, says a lot in itself.

Nothing beyond the frustrating lack of autocorrect really bothers us too much...like all things in life, there is always room to improve!
    nicely said.....
    hpjrt likes this.
    10-27-11 09:55 PM
    Thanks for sharing your positive PB experience! Maybe this thread will last a little bit longer than the average PB thread.
    10-27-11 10:05 PM
    Thanks for sharing your positive PB experience! Maybe this thread will last a little bit longer than the average PB thread.
    Lol...Thats what I was testing!

This is such a depressing site at times....ridiculous b*tching about spending what...$300+...thats like a bit of beer, a couple cheap meals out and a movie night with the family...not exactly like ya went and bought a bloody Aston Martin guys!

Keep smiling folks...the cup is half full
    10-27-11 10:16 PM

Great to hear you like it. Playbook does have a lot of potential. I wish it catered to the needs of most of us, not only the BB+PB users.
    10-27-11 10:27 PM
    So do I. For my purposes, it's perfect. Don't need email and bbm on my PB (that's what my BB is for). Excellent browser and multimedia capabilities.......and so protable. Love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    TerribleTim68 likes this.
    10-27-11 10:29 PM
    Well said OP, I completely agree.
    10-27-11 10:39 PM
    +1 I love this thing. rarely use the old laptop anymore. I believe RIM needs to break out some fantastic advertising, that shows this tablet as it truly is, I think we have to wait until PB2.0 is out though.
    10-27-11 10:40 PM
    i just bought mine and i use it everyday.

its the last thing i use at night and the first thing i use in the morning.

i usually sleep while watching tv shows on it and wake up checking the weather.

and like many people say, because it is only 7 inches, i can take it everywhere
    10-27-11 10:43 PM
    i just bought mine and i use it everyday.

its the last thing i use at night and the first thing i use in the morning.
    i usually sleep while watching tv shows on it and wake up checking the weather.

and like many people say, because it is only 7 inches, i can take it everywhere
    Funny.... I use the toilet, but I suppose I could do my business on the PB instead. I wonder if there's an App for that?
    10-27-11 10:49 PM
    Funny.... I use the toilet, but I suppose I could do my business on the PB instead. I wonder if there's an App for that?
    A very sad representation of an Islander..
    10-27-11 10:51 PM
    Great post man. Thanks for the positive vibe. Its needed in here.

I think sometimes people need to just look at things from the half full side of things...nothing is perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    TerribleTim68 likes this.
    10-27-11 11:49 PM
    A breath of fresh air OP! I'm so sick of this that I've steered clear of those other threads on this forum since the Feb 2012 announcement broke - even though I have plenty to say!
    10-28-11 12:11 AM
    Man...I got to say your 12 yo son has a very good taste on choosing a tablet.
    10-28-11 01:00 AM
    Bridge and the 7" size are two things I really like about the PB.
    I tried my buddy's iPad again the other day, but I had to go to his house because he doesn't take it out. He says he feels like a dooshbag in public with the iPad, but says that the PB is much more inconspicuous.
    Indeed, part of the reason that people see so few PB in the wild could be that they just aren't as obvious. When I'm sitting on a plane reading my PB in the Journal Case, it looks almost like a regular book. When someone hauls out an iPad, dang near everyone on the plane knows.

Did I mention how much I'm loving the 9900/PB combo?
    10-28-11 01:30 AM
    There's been a lot of trolls bashing Blackberry lately. It's nice to see some honest perspective on the Playbook. I don't regret purchasing mind. I love it more and more everyday. OS 2 looks promising based on the leaked beta.
    10-28-11 01:45 AM
    +1 I love this thing. rarely use the old laptop anymore. I believe RIM needs to break out some fantastic advertising, that shows this tablet as it truly is, I think we have to wait until PB2.0 is out though.

I agree, before I always bring my laptop with me plus a usb broadband stick to surf the net, after getting a playbook, I only bring 3 tech things, PlayBook, 9900 and a pocket wifi.
    10-28-11 01:50 AM
    Funny, I can now continue runningmy business while using the toilet... I used to have to leave my desktop and be interrupted... that additional 15 minutes @ 100+ an hour answering emails, reading documents adds up... my toilet time alone has paid the paltry cost of this device ten times over the cost since I've had it - the toilet is outside of my wifi range by the way....no other tablet would do this for free.

You really need a better imagination for uses for your playbook
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-28-11 at 03:29 AM.
    10-28-11 03:25 AM
    ...only had mine for a few days but would have to agree w/ the general feeling here, I'm finding new things to do w/ the PB every day and am really enjoying it. Of course it's disappointing about 2.0 but then, being a PB newbie, to me the delays don't seem so bad, it's not as tho I've been waiting all summer - but I do feel for those who have been, and can understand the feeling of being mis-sold / lied to. Just waiting - like everyone else - for the native email and a few more (fun and productive) apps etc and it'll just about complete the experience for me.
    I'm not a fanboy, I've used BB's for years cuz I just like 'em better and find them more suited to my requirements than any other device, and w/ this smart lil' tablet I'm now pretty much set.
    Positivity - now that's a refreshing change
    10-28-11 03:40 AM
    +1, thank you, some fresh air
    10-28-11 04:20 AM
    Nice post. I have loved mine since I bought it back in June. Everyone who sees it says WOW!, specially when they see the video output or when I play "Dead Space". I also use it for my business. Now I leave my laptop cabled to my desk in the office, and take the PB everywhere.

My 9yr old son prefers gaming on it as well. This prompted me to buy a 64 when they were on sale, and I will be surprising him with this one (16GB) for Christmas. So we are really a 2 PB family, but I am keeping that a secret for now.

We also use it for streaming TV via Amazon, Crackle, MLB, etc.... beats paying for cable.
    10-28-11 04:41 AM
    Great positive post,support!!!
    10-28-11 04:46 AM
    With the size and how well the PB works it is an extention of my BB 9650. i love going on a job site, opening a emailed pdf file of a house and being able to zoom in and see the details. My 32 year old daughter and 4 of my grandchildren moved in with us 2 months ago. The 7 +4 year olds love using the PB. Even my wife who is far from a techy person found it easy to use. For anyone with a BB the bridge is a can't do without.
    10-28-11 05:36 AM
    My daughter borowed mine last week to watch some films on through the telly.

Still waiting to get it back

She dont know I got her one for Christmas
    10-28-11 05:42 AM
    Great thread, also a PB lover, using it right now actually bridged to my torch, since all the good sites are firewalled at work!!!
    macrosheep likes this.
    10-28-11 07:08 AM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD