Anyone know if this is possible. Was thinking it would be cool to make one of the videos from beweather as my background...
    08-03-12 06:35 PM
    I did pause a video and took a screen shot of it. That was awhile back and it looked OK
    08-03-12 07:27 PM
    I did pause a video and took a screen shot of it. That was awhile back and it looked OK
    Wouldn't a screen shot make the pic 1024x600 instead of 1024x1024 and crop the picture?
    08-03-12 07:32 PM
    Video for wallpaper? I think that would require a creation of an entirely new API or two that doesn't exist as yet: I don't think that garden variety app programming would quite do the job. Does such a thing exist on iOS or Android? I highly doubt it...
    08-03-12 07:32 PM
    I've never seen anyone have a video as a background on anything.
    08-03-12 07:36 PM
    waddya talking about? I think the OP meant to take a screen shot of the video sorta like a video still shot and make a wallpaper, which I have done several wallpapers that way...they turned out great if I do say so myself LOL
    08-03-12 07:53 PM
    Do you mean put a section of moving/playing video on a loop and make it your Playbooks background wallpaper?!

Novel idea but I don't think the PB has the hardware/software.
    08-03-12 07:54 PM
    Video for wallpaper? I think that would require a creation of an entirely new API or two that doesn't exist as yet: I don't think that garden variety app programming would quite do the job. Does such a thing exist on iOS or Android? I highly doubt it...
    I remember this from way back when:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.VLW&hl=en
    08-03-12 08:02 PM
    I think the OP wants a real v�deo walpaper(with movement and all)...

There are some moving wps for android devices...
    tonyron227 likes this.
    08-03-12 08:08 PM
    I don't think you can do that on PB, but I love the idea!
    08-03-12 08:25 PM
    yea I would LOOOOVE to have a vid as a wallpaper! but like others have said this isnt possible
    08-03-12 09:07 PM
    I think fuzzengine has video loop for backgrounds but they won't reply to any of my help requests, let me know if you can work it out, it's free in app world
    08-03-12 11:23 PM
    live wallpapers like in android phones?

Nope...not yet... but soon.
    08-03-12 11:57 PM
    I think it's an interesting idea. I'm not sure I would use it but I would love to see more "bells and whistles" such as this added to the Playbook.

Somewhat related, I would love to see the wallpaper portion of the OS enhanced with options of setting different pictures for different days or having the Playbook display a different picture everytime it's woken up or every few hours, etc - just to be able to more uniquely customize the Playbook to the users wants.
    08-04-12 01:34 AM
    I think it's an interesting idea. I'm not sure I would use it but I would love to see more "bells and whistles" such as this added to the Playbook.

Somewhat related, I would love to see the wallpaper portion of the OS enhanced with options of setting different pictures for different days or having the Playbook display a different picture everytime it's woken up or every few hours, etc - just to be able to more uniquely customize the Playbook to the users wants.
    Cool idea... shouldn't be that hard to create. Wallpaper switcher apps exist on other platforms, so adding it in to BB10 is within the realm of possibility.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    08-04-12 01:50 AM
    Yeah I was talking about an actual video. Thought it would be cool to have the rain and lightning video from be weather for the pb as my background/wallpaper
    08-05-12 05:58 PM
    cool feature? yes
    useful feature? maybe
    efficient feature? no

This feature would use up precious cpu processing power, memory, as well as battery life.

Similar to how android has dynamic backgrounds, they run down your battery for your phone more quickly.
    08-05-12 06:16 PM
    cool feature? yes
    useful feature? maybe
    efficient feature? no

This feature would use up precious cpu processing power, memory, as well as battery life.

Similar to how android has dynamic backgrounds, they run down your battery for your phone more quickly.
    On the newer Android devices, they are pretty efficient. Well, more efficient.

And I agree, they are mostly for eye candy. However, there is one I have used for general mapping. You can zoom in and out, and it is dynamic. An old video of one is below:

08-05-12 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD