View Poll Results: Would you like to see an upgrade to the UI of the Bridge Apps?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would like to see the Bridge apps UI look just as beautiful as the native accounts.

28 45.90%
  • I would like to see the Bridge apps integrated with the UI of native apps.

29 47.54%
  • I don't mind the UI of the Bride apps

3 4.92%
  • I am jealous of the other half of my PB because the native accounts UI trumps the Bridge apps UI.

1 1.64%
    I wanted to bring this topic up and see if we can get a trend going.

I love OS 2.0! However, I would like to see the bridge apps look as nice as the new native PlayBook apps [email, contacts, calendar]. I love that my PlayBook can be stand alone with these items, but as a 9900 owner, I have no use for that now, and my incentive to use them is only for the attractive-ness. I understand I can mark emails read on my phone after I read them on my PlayBook, but it makes no sense in having the emails on both and they are not synced with each other except through Gmail pop3 or imap....whatever.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
    dadymon, ctfire, kbz1960 and 4 others like this.
    02-22-12 01:50 AM
    No you are not.
    Just like you said: please update the UI, that's all we'd like to have, nothing more ...
    We can't wait to bridge the flow
    02-22-12 01:52 AM
    No you are not.
    Just like you said: please update the UI, that's all we'd like to have, nothing more ...
    We can't wait to bridge the flow
    Wells thats good to hear...I feel like OS 2.0 was made to attract more non-bb owners. While I am fine with that....[sounds silly] but I am jealous of the other half of my PlayBook. Let's hope its up for consideration, I am not really rushing it, but we'll see I guess.
    02-22-12 01:56 AM
    Amen to that.
    02-22-12 02:34 AM
    Same here, I have tried all the workarounds and what works for one thing doesn't work for another, hum - I hope our wishes are granted soonish and not in another year lol..
    02-22-12 03:35 AM
    Totally agree.
    02-22-12 03:59 AM
    So, you can use native apps or bridged, but not both, 'cos they don't sync? whats the point of having both? I'm lost. Most of my PB'ing is seeing my calendar etc on a bigger screen. good to use BB keyboard though. Overall I'm undecided as to whether it was worth the wait.
    I do need a better pdf reader - bookmarks so you can return to where you left of for starters
    Chris
    02-22-12 04:54 AM
    Judging by the number of similar threads in this forum, there seams to be a great deal of confusion around using the new native applications among BB owners who use their BBs to pick up email from more than one account. There more I think about it the more convinced I am that the 2.0 update was targeted mostly towards non-BB users. And it's not only about email - the same issues apply to syncing the new calendar and address book with existing BIS and BES accounts.

Will be very interesting to see which way RIM is going to take this and if they continue to invest in bridged solutions for PB. It will be a good indicator of what's comming in Blackberry 10 in terms of email delivery - could RIM be considering gradually moving away from using their NOC infrastructure to deliver data to their devices and towards ActivSync?
    kbz1960, cntrydncr223 and Chrisy like this.
    02-22-12 07:28 AM
    You can add me to that list too. I would love to see the Bridge get a UI update. I'd really like to see TAT get their hands on it...but one can dream.

I love the Bridge Features. And would love to see them expanded.
    02-22-12 07:35 AM
    Judging by the number of similar threads in this forum, there seams to be a great deal of confusion around using the new native applications among BB owners who use their BBs to pick up email from more than one account. There more I think about it the more convinced I am that the 2.0 update was targeted mostly towards non-BB users. And it's not only about email - the same issues apply to syncing the new calendar and address book with existing BIS and BES accounts.

Will be very interesting to see which way RIM is going to take this and if they continue to invest in bridged solutions for PB. It will be a good indicator of what's comming in Blackberry 10 in terms of email delivery - could RIM be considering gradually moving away from using their NOC infrastructure to deliver data to their devices and towards ActivSync?
    It looks like this is going to be the trend. When BB 10 devices arrive they will work with the PB much smoother. There will only be activesync no bridge needed. Emails, contacts, and calendar will all sync together. No double notifications or having to do work around so we are not reading, filing, and deleting two emails every time. I will admit it seems clunky now but RIM has chosen a path and it appears activesync is it. We will have to see what the future brings.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-22-12 07:35 AM
    Fact is, this OS update is really focused on gaining traction with non-BB users and pushing away all the negative reviews that have been swirling around since day 1. It's the only way for them to grow their user base and a good way to introduce non-BB users to some of what QNX can do. RIM has put themselves in a difficult position. They could either focus their resources for OS 2.0 on developing for non-BB users, focus on the BB users or spread themselves thin to focus on both ends but offer less to all users.
    02-22-12 07:51 AM
    It looks like this is going to be the trend. When BB 10 devices arrive they will work with the PB much smoother. There will only be activesync no bridge needed. Emails, contacts, and calendar will all sync together. No double notifications or having to do work around so we are not reading, filing, and deleting two emails every time. I will admit it seems clunky now but RIM has chosen a path and it appears activesync is it. We will have to see what the future brings.
    Well, if this is the case I wonder how their corporate customer base is going to respond. I believe that there still is a handful of companies that stick to BB mainly because of the (perception of) extra security that RIM's network layer is providing. I can't see RIM giving up on them.

Then come many questions: What the NOCs infrastructure is going to be used for when/if they migrate to ActiveSync, cloud computing? What about BBM -for some reason at this stage RIM decided not to implement BBM outside of their network.

Clearly this demonstrates how difficult it is to satisfy two groups of customers - individuals and corporates with a single platform.

Interesting times to come...
    02-22-12 09:50 AM
    WOW! I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way. So I'm glad I'm not the only person sticking with Bridge....for now at least.

RIM if you reading this....I DELETED ALL MY NATIVE ACCOUNTS ON MY PLAYBOOK. I DONT NEED THEM SINCE I HAVE A BOLD 9900. PLEASE MAKE THE BRIDGE APPS JUST AS ATTRACTIVE. THAT IS ALL.
    02-22-12 09:52 AM

I love OS 2.0! However, I would like to see the bridge apps look as nice as the new native PlayBook apps [email, contacts, calendar]. I love that my PlayBook can be stand alone with these items, but as a 9900 owner, I have no use for that now, and my incentive to use them is only for the attractive-ness. I understand I can mark emails read on my phone after I read them on my PlayBook, but it makes no sense in having the emails on both and they are not synced with each other except through Gmail pop3 or imap....whatever.

ONE QUESTION

when you guys read emails from the browser or ANY other place, is it marked as read on your device?
    02-22-12 09:58 AM
    No, but since we have had our PlayBooks for a while now, we are used to them being marked a read, if we check them on either device. And also, we bought our PlayBook as a companion to the BB phones we own, so naturally we expect them to work together on things like this.

THAT'S WHAT WAS SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN
    02-22-12 10:03 AM
    Add me to those who are frustrated that the native apps have all this functionality that's not available in the Bridge apps. Not sure if there's a limitation of syncing to the phone that imposes this, but it makes those of us with BBs want to use the native apps, which don't sync calendar and contact data if you're on a BES. Come on, RIM, why does the "business tablet" provide an inferior experience to the business user?
    02-22-12 10:14 AM
    Ok, think I found a reason I might want to keep the native email app on PB: it is possible to paste a web link into the native email application. It's still not working with the bridged email app. Well... the cost of that is to deal with email notifications overlap between bridge and native. Dear RIM, how come you put your most dedicated customers in front of such choices?
    02-22-12 02:13 PM
    count me in too. RIM should enable this feature ASAP

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook Runtime for Android apps using Tapatakl
    02-22-12 02:20 PM
    Agreed. In terms of an evolution path, I would like to see the Bridge apps dropped and, instead, integrated into the Native apps.

In other words, when you are bridged, your BB e-mails show up within the native Messages, Contacts, and Calendar app. When you are un-bridged, they go away, and only the messages, contacts, and events on the locally-configured accounts (Gmail, etc.) appear. I think that would be quite slick!
    cmdr_dan likes this.
    02-22-12 02:29 PM
    Ok, think I found a reason I might want to keep the native email app on PB: it is possible to paste a web link into the native email application. It's still not working with the bridged email app. Well... the cost of that is to deal with email notifications overlap between bridge and native. Dear RIM, how come you put your most dedicated customers in front of such choices?
    Well since the new keyboard has been added....copy and paste has been working for me inside Bridge apps too. A work around I never posted to avoid the difficulty from the 1st OS is to just type something like "jdjdjdjdjdj" and then select that, the paste. Hope it helps.
    02-22-12 02:38 PM
    Agreed. In terms of an evolution path, I would like to see the Bridge apps dropped and, instead, integrated into the Native apps.

In other words, when you are bridged, your BB e-mails show up within the native Messages, Contacts, and Calendar app. When you are un-bridged, they go away, and only the messages, contacts, and events on the locally-configured accounts (Gmail, etc.) appear. I think that would be quite slick!

Would be nice to see an evolution, just like with the Bridge browser.
    02-22-12 02:39 PM

and here I fell for them calling this a "unified" email.

I agree with you...

Tim
    02-22-12 02:45 PM
    Originally Posted by moe1up

I'm with you on that.

I am using Google Synch on my phone to have the calendar synch with my home computer. (Using Thunderbird for email and calendar on the PC) I now have my gmail connected to my calendar, and only allow calendar updates to go to my native calendar on the PB, and it's working like a charm between my phone, calender and PB...but!!!

I just want to see all my phone contacts to integrate with the native apps on the PB, I feel like I'm now working with two address books/contact lists, and don't even get me going on about all the twitter contacts who I don't actually talk to. I wish you could delete the ones you don't want..but wishes for fishes, I still love all the possibilities and future that the PlayBook has.
    Disparishun likes this.
    02-22-12 02:58 PM
    Moe1up, I totaly agree with you! I think a poll on this issure is in order! Maybe we can get RIMS attention!
    02-22-12 03:05 PM
    No, but since we have had our PlayBooks for a while now, we are used to them being marked a read, if we check them on either device. And also, we bought our PlayBook as a companion to the BB phones we own, so naturally we expect them to work together on things like this.

THAT'S WHAT WAS SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN
    you DO realize it ISN'T going through blackberry's servers dont you?

it was being marked read because it was just a mirror of your phone before. if it is using a different server/client/whatever, how can it do what you're asking?

if you really and truly want it as a companion, then the bridge feature is great for you.
    I don't see why RIM should just give out wifi access to it's servers
    02-22-12 03:09 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD