Okay I've had my PB for 24 hours and have found a major flaw I cannot deal with and have decided to dump the machine.

I simply cannot deal with fingerprints on my screen. I hoped 2.0 would deal with but I see no sign of it happening.

I will seek compensation via legal avenues against RIM and anyone ever involved with the design of glass.
    jesse_h likes this.
    10-20-11 02:12 PM
    Would $100 in apps be enough to compensate you?
    rs422a likes this.
    10-20-11 02:14 PM
    don't touch the screen then?
    10-20-11 02:18 PM
    How many are going to miss the sarcasm...
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    10-20-11 02:18 PM
    LOL - too funny ................
    10-20-11 02:30 PM
    Get a screen protector!

Problem solved!
    10-20-11 02:34 PM
    Maybe wash your hands?
    Or get a screen protector?

A lawsuit on fingerprints on a touchscreen. Hmmm

altogether now.... Dismissed!
    10-20-11 02:35 PM
    How many are going to miss the sarcasm...

Lots of 'em.
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    10-20-11 02:38 PM
    get an anti finger prints screen protector.
    Okay I've had my PB for 24 hours and have found a major flaw I cannot deal with and have decided to dump the machine.

I simply cannot deal with fingerprints on my screen. I hoped 2.0 would deal with but I see no sign of it happening.

I will seek compensation via legal avenues against RIM and anyone ever involved with the design of glass.
    Several things you should consider before pursuing legal avenues. (I'll summarize CB responses for you).
    1) It will be fixed in OS 3.0, due out summer 2015. Definitely before the fall, though DevCon they may preview it. No, the MODs dont know any more.
    2) There are lots here that do not like negative comments about fingerprints. Keep it positive. "My PB is amazing, it stores fingerprints like mad!" is a much better take. Its a matter of perspective really.
    3) The (insert tablet here) does not have this problem. Their users do not have fingerprints.
    4) You cannot run it on your 9930.
    5) First
    6) I heard a RIM rep once in a store who told me that newer PBs dont have this problem.
    7) Android player is built into OS2, and if you side load it, fingerprints arent a problem. And yes, its a stolen app that the dev wont get paid for
    8) Netflix Kindle or Angrybirds is not available yet, and wont solve your finger print issue.
    9) Native email or fingerprint protection is useless. Why would you want this.
    10) You have to understand tethering vs bridging to understand fingerprints vs smudges.
    11) (remember this one!?) The power button is too low. by being able to not hit it, you have to add more fingerprints.
    JeepBB, rs422a, MaxxJag and 2 others like this.
    Ha ha ha. Choice.
    10-20-11 02:41 PM
    As RIM specifically made no comments about fingerprints, it should be assumed that they made a promise about the device not being able to support fingerprints. Therefore, a law suit is definitely in order for breach of infered contract.
    rs422a likes this.
    10-20-11 02:45 PM
    I have gotten my wife to sew a microfibre patch on the belly of all my shirts so I just need to two handed device to belly rub ..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    cocothehouseboy likes this.
    10-20-11 02:50 PM
    I shaved my fingertips with a razor but now there is blood on my screen. So much for updating the UI.
    jesse_h and blkyanni like this.
    10-20-11 02:56 PM
    Several things you should consider before pursuing legal avenues. (I'll summarize CB responses for you).
    1) It will be fixed in OS 3.0, due out summer 2015. Definitely before the fall, though DevCon they may preview it. No, the MODs dont know any more.
    2) There are lots here that do not like negative comments about fingerprints. Keep it positive. "My PB is amazing, it stores fingerprints like mad!" is a much better take. Its a matter of perspective really.
    3) The (insert tablet here) does not have this problem. Their users do not have fingerprints.
    4) You cannot run it on your 9930.
    5) First
    6) I heard a RIM rep once in a store who told me that newer PBs dont have this problem.
    7) Android player is built into OS2, and if you side load it, fingerprints arent a problem. And yes, its a stolen app that the dev wont get paid for
    8) Netflix Kindle or Angrybirds is not available yet, and wont solve your finger print issue.
    9) Native email or fingerprint protection is useless. Why would you want this.
    10) You have to understand tethering vs bridging to understand fingerprints vs smudges.
    11) (remember this one!?) The power button is too low. by being able to not hit it, you have to add more fingerprints.
    I've noticed that OS 2 has slightly less fingerprints than 1.0 (along with a slightly faster browser) even without installing #7 on the list. #1 on the list will eventually fix it completely, but at least it's slighty better now than 1.0.
    10-20-11 02:59 PM
    I've noticed that OS 2 has slightly less fingerprints than 1.0 (along with a slightly faster browser) even without installing #7 on the list. #1 on the list will eventually fix it completely, but at least it's slighty better now than 1.0.
    Any solutions from RIM will fail. Iphone and Android have already fixed the your fingerprints you should switch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-11 03:08 PM
    You think you got problems, I sneezed on mine. I fear all these little raised and now magnified areas on my screen are not covered by the warranty. I hear the iPad has merged with Kotex to increase their absorbancy for the iPad3 and they will then be immune to this issue. I'm totally gonna switch.
    rs422a likes this.
    10-20-11 03:16 PM
    You know, your post is just gross. Sneezed on it? And you expect sympathy?

Can't believe you. You don't deserve anything in your life that you could sneeze on, period.

I cast you aside.
    10-20-11 03:19 PM
    You know, your post is just gross. Sneezed on it? And you expect sympathy?

Can't believe you. You don't deserve anything in your life that you could sneeze on, period.

I cast you aside.
    I'm sorry, my immune system has a bug. I'm still waiting on RIM to provide me with an update to fix it.
    10-20-11 03:21 PM
    lol this has got to be the stupidest post ever made, seriously is the op ********? fingerprints on a touchscreen device LOL jesus......
    10-20-11 03:24 PM
    Did you mess around with "Handbrake" yet?
    10-20-11 03:24 PM
    Did you mess around with "Handbrake" yet?
    No not yet. That is my weekend project.
    10-20-11 03:25 PM
    You'll dig it. It'' make nice little files for you that still render good. I did one of "Goodfellas" from a DVD and loaded it just fine.

Well. Hope your immune system gets better.
    10-20-11 03:27 PM
    If you sue, make sure the fingerprints are not yours.
    10-20-11 03:30 PM
    You guys don't scrub and then glove up before you touch your PlayBook? You touch it with your bare hands??? Barbarians.

You could send in a crew from Gattaca and they couldn't identify it as mine...
    10-20-11 03:30 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD