Hi guys,

i do believe i have reached my whits end with this playbook in particular. We have 3 in the family and mine is currently on the fritz.. Here is the scoop:

I used my playbook all day, not even an issue yesterday. Today i charged the playbook probably close to 5 hour but as soon as i unplugged it, it died. I though possible faulty outlet, i moved to another outlet and charged it for about 30 min.. unplugged it while i was on and working plugged in... died again right away..

I am willing to assume my playbook has hardware issue and that it should be repaired?
    04-07-12 08:01 PM
    To rule out everything, I'd try another charger. Does it work when you have it plugged in to the oulet but just dies when you remove the charger cord?
    04-07-12 08:11 PM
    To rule out everything, I'd try another charger. Does it work when you have it plugged in to the oulet but just dies when you remove the charger cord?
    Yes, that is precisely whats going on. Based on that analysis, the charger should be operational no?
    edsam likes this.
    04-07-12 08:38 PM
    Yes, that is precisely whats going on. Based on that analysis, the charger should be operational no?
    My guess is that it is a hardware issue with the PlayBook, but I would try another charger (just to be sure). I'm also guessing there isn't anything software related causing your issue, but you also might want to try a wipe and restore before you go through the hassle of requesting a replacement.

Just my 2 cents... Take it or leave it.
    04-08-12 09:57 AM
    Try one of your other charger unisex or try your charger on another playbook. Then wipe off and reload with pb desktop software..
    04-08-12 11:38 AM
    Sounds similar to a problem I had with my first pb purchased June. Do you see the lightning symbol when charging? Mine would display the lightning symbol intermittently but didn't charge and when unplugged it would die instantly. I tried the rapid charger as well as the original, still the same.

I purchased the 'battery guru' application which showed the voltage fluctuating making the pb think it was fully charged one minute and then fully discharged the next. I used this data to assist with obtaining a replacement from RIM; fortunately it appears to be a rare issue. The replacement which I've had since August has been perfect.

I strongly recommend anyone purchase 'battery guru' if experiencing battery/charging related issues.

Hope that helps and hope you manage to resolve the issue.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-08-12 12:27 PM
    Interesting enough i just wanted to provide an update to the people who put in the effort to help:

I called blackberry tech support and they were so kind enough to tell me they would repair the device but were direct to tell me it was out of the 90 day brand new tablet replacement warranty by 13 days. Sigh, the worst part about this is that this issue has been going on for 3 weeks now and blackberry tech support was my last resort.

Naturally i told them that and that i would like my issue looked at from a brand new tablet point on view and they said they would consider my request and get back to me in 2 days.

Im very curious to see how they will handle the situation as even after charging the device for 10 hours as soon as its unplugged it dies.

They also told me, when the tablet is off and plugged in it would only charge for 2.5 min and shut off the charging cycle. Realistically it charges when on as previously noted.

Keep your fingers crossed for me as i would love to get a brand new tablet as i paid for one 90 days ago only to have it die on me..

Cheers
    04-08-12 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD