The vids below are sample vid's of some of my recordings that have major static. I just noticed it a few days ago and it doesn't happen on all of my vids...it's hit or miss. Luckily, the July 4th Fireworks show from my town recorded just fine! What do you think, try a hard reset before calling RIM?

Last edited by Prey521; 07-03-11 at 10:00 PM.
    07-03-11 09:53 PM
    I'm not sure, the video is marked as "Private"

I would try a reboot. I have used my PB for a video recorder for training videos at work and have never come across any static when recording. If it is hit or miss, I would look for a pattern before contacting RIM.
    07-03-11 10:19 PM
    Sorry, I made them public now so you should be able to see them.

Also, there is no real pattern to it. I can record 2 videos back to back one could be crisp and clear while the other is full of static. Resolution doesn't matter either, I tried with all 3 and it happened on all of them. This issue just cropped up in the last few weeks and reboot doesn't help.
    Last edited by Prey521; 07-03-11 at 10:34 PM.
    07-03-11 10:31 PM
    Mine is different situation.everytime I record 1080 or 720 camera hangs and sometimes ask me ti close the camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-11 02:05 AM
    Definitely sounds whacked to me. I'd call RIM while it's still under warranty.
    07-04-11 08:12 AM
    Just performed a security wipe and the issue still exists...time to call RIM! :-(
    07-04-11 12:18 PM
    Appears to be a hardware problem. I forgot that the PB has the Voicenotes applications and when I recorded something in Voice Notes, the same static popped up, so it's a hardware issue. Getting an RMA from RIM and having them cross ship me one so I don't have to be without it.
    07-04-11 01:18 PM
    Crap....they don't offer advanced exchanges anymore! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-04-11 01:25 PM
    OK, I really have not used the video as yet, but yesterday used it and YES when I playback my video recordings on the PB I have quite noticible STATIC background noise and if you hook it up the TV with HDMI you can hear it also.
    Have been onto the phone to RIM today and they are calling me back in a while to see if they have a solution.
    ALSO, I went into my Carphonewarehouse to get my 64gb exchanged and there is a problem with the start up in it so I could not test that unit out so they have ordered another 64gb that will be in store tomorrow and will then check it out and hope the issue will not be present with that one.
    I DID try out the video record with the Demo PB model on display and I COULD HEAR STATIC NOISE ON THAT ONE TOO!!!!
    Can you ALL PLEASE have a go with yours and play it back on your PB with the volume up a fair but and see if you have the STATIC HORRID NOISE.
    Just need to know if this is a PB issue across the board and a update in the future might fix it???
    Many thanks,
    Magician
    07-05-11 08:04 AM
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you record a video on your playbook and play it back to yourself and turn up the volume to see if your can hear loud static noise?
    If you record it in an area where there dis background noise it won't be too noticeable, BUT if you record it in a quite environment I think you may hear a lot of static noise when the volume on the playbook it turned.
    Please can one or two or even more try this and get back to me here asap.]really appreciate it to make sure it is NOT my pb???????
    07-05-11 03:52 PM
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you record a video on your playbook and play it back to yourself and turn up the volume to see if your can hear loud static noise?
    If you record it in an area where there dis background noise it won't be too noticeable, BUT if you record it in a quite environment I think you may hear a lot of static noise when the volume on the playbook it turned.
    Please can one or two or even more try this and get back to me here asap.]really appreciate it to make sure it is NOT my pb???????
    I have been using my PB since I got it for recording video. I have about 80 scenarios and about 40-45 training videos. The only issue I had to deal with was video rec time out, with an error saying I had insufficient disk space to continue. All my video probably amounts to 6-7 hours of actual footage. In fact, had to do more than a few reshoots because the mics seemed too sensitive. Never any static though. Sorry. I even have video of a fire alarm (taken next to an annunciator), no distortion. Loud as ****, but nothing.

EDIT#1 - recorded a video with no sound I tried to keep everything as quiet as possible. During playback I heard the ocean (like hearing through a shell at the beach) idk what that's all about. Though during the first video ( ) I only heard distortion from my right headphone, not both. Weirdness all round it seems...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Oniberry; 07-05-11 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Spellin'
    07-05-11 04:16 PM
    Just tried it on mine with very low background noise, can hear a little bit of hiss but no real static, I can clearly hear any discrete audio. Hope you get it sorted!
    07-05-11 04:48 PM
    tested and worked fine for me. I'd call rim and get an RMA.
    07-05-11 05:52 PM
    I have the same problem, while recording a video, while recording my voice note, while speaking thru speaker with another person. I've already contacted blackberry support team, now I'm waiting for their help. Sent me some task's to-do but it didn't helped.
    04-01-19 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD