I keep getting this message on my POP mail account. If I go into settings and look at them and save it starts to work again. A couple of minutes later I get the message again. Anyone else having an issue? I don't have any problems with the same account on my computer.
    02-27-12 03:06 PM
    I keep getting this message on my POP mail account. If I go into settings and look at them and save it starts to work again. A couple of minutes later I get the message again. Anyone else having an issue? I don't have any problems with the same account on my computer.
    Actually, I get that happening all the time on Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail on my PCs.
    02-27-12 03:09 PM
    Actually my computers work fine. Problem is only on the playbook. Now I don't get the message but I can only send emails from playbook. I can't receive. I have zero problems on any other devices.
    02-27-12 04:32 PM
    what client do you use?
    What serve?
    How did you set it up?
    02-27-12 04:38 PM
    I have been getting it too lately. I haven't looked into it. I was thinking it may be related to going from bridged internet to Wifi. It should keep trying and then make it more obvious when it cannot connect, such as a notification.
    02-27-12 04:41 PM
    Yes. I had exactly the same issue with my Yahoo mail account. I resolved it by going into Accounts, deleting my POP account and re-adding the same account with the Yahoo IMAP settings. Sure, IMAP works differently but at least I can reliably access my mail whenever I want to.
    02-27-12 05:12 PM
    I have the same problem with my hughesnet email account. It also retrieves old messages I already read and marks them unread again on the playbook. This happens at least once a day. The Unable to connect message happens after attempting to refresh the native client on the PB, or just after sending a message from the PB. At the moment I am not bridging with my Blackberry Curve, so I don't believe this has anything to do with it.

Hughes Net is sort of finicky as I have even had problems getting Outlook to work well with it. Mostly I use its webmail application which I really dislike, so was hoping I could get it to work with the playbook.
    02-27-12 05:14 PM
    Yes. I had exactly the same issue with my Yahoo mail account. I resolved it by going into Accounts, deleting my POP account and re-adding the same account with the Yahoo IMAP settings. Sure, IMAP works differently but at least I can reliably access my mail whenever I want to.
    OK so I created an imap account it works but now if I mark mail as read it marks as unread about 5 minutes later. I assume it's when it syncs the mail. What do I do to fix this.
    02-27-12 05:57 PM
    Guys, the issue is within the syncing. When you are syncing and get disconnected from wifi, OR change wifi, it messes it up. Even after restart, it is still the same
    You have to hold down the power button continueously, until the whole screen goes black, no light at all, doing a forced reset
    then turn it on by holding the power button
    problem solved
    02-27-12 06:14 PM
    This solution hasn't worked for me. The error message above still appears and if I go into mail settings to reconfirm the message still appears moments later.

In any event, even if the solution did work, this is not really acceptable. The device should be able to go from one wifi hotspot to another without requiring a hard reset to work properly. This requires an urgent bug fix.

Another bug I have discovered is the inability of the device in the native calendar app to enter appointments in a different time zone to the one set as the main time zone for the PB. When you try to do so, it refuses to keep the time of the appointment as requested and unilaterally changes it to a different time.
    TCoats9000 likes this.
    03-14-12 12:17 PM
    I've had a similar issue with an email account powered by Gmail (it is not an @gmail account) using the browser. I will try to respond to an email and either the browser freezes or I get a network error (even though I have a strong WiFi signal). Now if I have this particular email address included with the new messages feature, I can send emails without any issues (which I would prefer not to use that feature with since the volume of emails I get at that address is a bit heavy at times).
    03-14-12 01:35 PM
    My issue couldn't be resolved. I had BES which worked fine via bridge. But, when setting up EAS with my corporate settigns - it would work for a while then it would quit. It was my opinion, as masterscarhead1 mentioned, that it was tied to switching hotspots or jumping to a different WiFi.

Once I deleted the account, I could no longer add it back. It would say, "settings are incorrect" and I was presented with a red X - immediately upon hitting the add account button. I created a log with RIM and they couldn't fix it. I simply couldn't re-add my account back and it was locked up somehow. I did a security wipe, reloaded everything which took forever, and it worked fine for a week. Then it happened again.

I returned my PlayBook since I was under the 30 window at Best Buy. It hasn't happened on the new device (knock on wood). I noticed my manufactured date was about 45 days later than my original.

Here is a thread at RIM's support with simillar issue: Email worked, now it doesn't - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    03-14-12 04:25 PM
    i get the same error message but i actually do get my mail and am able to send out just fine. i figure it's a bug of some kind cause it hasn't prevented me from retrieving anything. i just close it and i'm good to go.
    03-14-12 04:58 PM
    Same problem from day one with comcast pop3 when WiFi dropped coverage, or enabling bluetooth bridge seems to also trigger the server error message. Reboot has fixed it all but one time since OS2 release. Setting my sync to 1 hour helped reduced the error.

By chance does everyone with this problem also use Thread View on your emails? For me it seems to leave multiple copies of the server error message, one in each threaded email.
    03-14-12 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD