I have a Magnetic Book Case Cover for Playbook. It has magnets on upper two edges. Can the magnets actually affect/destroy the playbook in any way???
    Any help is welcome.....
    06-10-12 09:50 AM
    Don't know that it would hurt your pb but guessing it would impact the magnetometer (I think that's what it's called ) for using the compass and great apps like What's Up.
    06-10-12 11:43 AM
    the ebay leather/suede case i bought has magnets. been using it a couple months, seems to cause no ill effects. nicer looking case than the rim convertible case I had, it also provides easier access to the top buttons than the rim convertible case.
    Last edited by suzieque; 06-12-12 at 08:00 AM.
    06-11-12 02:10 PM
    I have a case with magnets at the top corners. I checked my PB with and without the case, and the case seems to knock the compass readings off by about 8 to 10 degrees. I'd suggest that if you need a good compass reading for some reason that you take your PB out of the case.
    06-11-12 02:32 PM
    I have a case with magnets at the top corners. I checked my PB with and without the case, and the case seems to knock the compass readings off by about 8 to 10 degrees. I'd suggest that if you need a good compass reading for some reason that you take your PB out of the case.
    I dont use any compass app usually. So are there any other defects or i can go for it???
    Thanx buddy(in advance)
    06-12-12 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD