I was able to purchase a few 64G Playbook's from Staples this week when they had that great special. I haven't received one call in three days from my Craig's list ad. I thought at $325. they would sell easily. I had handfuls of HP Touchpads and was selling the 16G's for $200 & the 32G for $250. back in Sept/Oct within minutes of posting them.

I had two 16G's last week and they sold for $200. within 3 hrs of posting them.

I was in Best Buy and Staples today and 75% of the people were purchasing or asking about the $200. Kindle Fire.
    barskin likes this.
    12-23-11 05:02 PM
    The 64gb always has been harder to sell. Higher price point in general will always shrink the potential buyer base.
    12-23-11 05:04 PM
    Maybe some people are waiting for the boxing day deals as well... which lower the buyers base even more...
    12-23-11 05:19 PM
    I see 64G models for $399.00 still all over the place & 32G for $300 & as low as $250.00 if in stock. I am going to put the price down to $299.00 and see what happens. At least I know I can sell the 64G at my cost if I need to get rid of them quick.
    barskin likes this.
    12-23-11 05:26 PM
    RIM wants way to much for the extra storage. I resent tablet makers who decide not to have an SD slot, so that they can screw customers on storage. Makes me want to find ways to manage with the minimum configuration
    12-23-11 05:32 PM
    Cloud... what?
    12-23-11 10:04 PM
    I was able to purchase a few 64G Playbook's from Staples this week when they had that great special. I haven't received one call in three days from my Craig's list ad. I thought at $325. they would sell easily. I had handfuls of HP Touchpads and was selling the 16G's for $200 & the 32G for $250. back in Sept/Oct within minutes of posting them.

I had two 16G's last week and they sold for $200. within 3 hrs of posting them.

I was in Best Buy and Staples today and 75% of the people were purchasing or asking about the $200. Kindle Fire.

Wow! I'm impressed. You actually watched the checkout line and shadowed all the sales clerks for hours and noting each purchase to come to such an accurate figure. Tell us, how did you monitor all customers asking all questions. And you did this all at the same time? Amazing!
    12-24-11 02:49 AM
    I see 64G models for $399.00 still all over the place & 32G for $300 & as low as $250.00 if in stock. I am going to put the price down to $299.00 and see what happens. At least I know I can sell the 64G at my cost if I need to get rid of them quick.
    Seriously, I wish you were local, I as well as my company would have bought them. Not one to be found locally here. Staples and Best Buy are sold out. I ordered one for Christmas and my company just ordered two.
    12-24-11 03:04 AM
    I was in Best Buy today, and they had a couple guys behind a table piled high with boxes of the Kindle Fire. NO other tablet got that kind of treatment. Surprised me, as usually the only tablets and laptops within reach of the customers are the chained-down display units. (I don't think Best Buy trusts us.)

BTW, the Playbook on display was dead, apparently because the power cable wasn't connected (it wasn't the only tablet in that condition--I really don't understand why stores don't try harder to keep their display models working). I heard one guy tell the person with him, who seemed interested in the $199 sale price, that the Playbook had been a failure, and there would soon be a "million" of them buried in "landfill." I briefly considered engaging, curious to know what rumors he was going on, but didn't. It's all rumors at this point...
    12-24-11 03:55 AM
    Wow! I'm impressed. You actually watched the checkout line and shadowed all the sales clerks for hours and noting each purchase to come to such an accurate figure. Tell us, how did you monitor all customers asking all questions. And you did this all at the same time? Amazing!
    He probably asked a sales guy smart a$$.

If only we had prices like this in the UK... I spent £500 on my 64gb
    12-24-11 05:09 AM
    I still cant believe I can't sell 64GB models for $270.00. I had 16GB models and I sold them for $220.00 within hours of posting them.

I have upgraded my entire family's 4 Playbooks from Touchpad's. The 4 32G used Touchpad's sold all within 2 days.

It's a shame people don't realize what a great device these Playbooks are. I really enjoyed the cool extra tweaks you could do with the HP Touchpad's. The Playbooks are so much nicer I don't even miss the ability to do the tweaks.
    01-01-12 11:53 AM
    unfortunately, I was at Future Shop and there are piles of playbooks and they don,t seem to be moving very quickly now. I am thinking about getting another one, but it seems RIM has potentially a million playbooks waiting to be sold... maybe the price will need to be dropped further. Maybe I will wait.
    01-01-12 01:30 PM
    I see Best Buy, Staples, & Office Depot are all back up to full retail. Whats the reasoning for that?
    01-01-12 02:00 PM
    Got mine at Walmart, $248 for 32GB. Love it. Added the Book Reader app for $0.99 For me no other tablet came close on my bang/buck comparison.
    01-01-12 02:31 PM
    I got a few 64GB from Staples for $250 with the extra $150. coupon the week of Dec 19th
    Last edited by Tajee001; 01-03-12 at 09:18 PM.
    01-03-12 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD