v3.1 was completed and packaged last week, but that is when we found that RIM has changed its policy in App World and now we are unable to update any of our apps until RIM resolves this issue. As soon as we hear when this might occur, we will post on all the different forums users are using to follow our products.
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-04-12 07:08 AM
    A bit of weirdness - map tiles getting were mixed up and/or displayed in the wrong spot...

This has occurred for me both under OS2.0 and 2.1 after having the app open for a while. Naturally, the PB and BB are bridged and I have a valid tethering/bridge plan. Using MapQuest.

Exiting the app and restarting it will bring everything back into place until it happens again.

Nevermind my SOs driving speed - that's SLOW for the tri-state
    Last edited by hytran; 06-04-12 at 07:51 AM.
    06-04-12 07:48 AM
    @hytran: I think it has to do with a slow network connection with un-cached tiles. Wait to see if v3.1 clears this up once it becomes available.
    06-04-12 09:34 AM
    jtegen:

If someone were to purchase MC NEW from App World, would they get the new 3.1 version?

Thank you.
    06-04-12 10:51 AM
    @hytran: I think it has to do with a slow network connection with un-cached tiles. Wait to see if v3.1 clears this up once it becomes available.
    I'll buy that. I'd love to see what it does on EDGE LOL
    06-04-12 11:38 AM
    Offline map cache just doesn't work. It shows it being cached but it simply isn't caching all the tiles on the trip. Sometimes it just doesn't save either. Overall this isn't reliable when using it offline so for those buying this thinking it could replace your dedicated gps...think again. There needs to be an option to use offline vector maps or the ability to save tiles by selecting a large region.
    Last edited by BlackBerryMamba; 06-06-12 at 09:38 PM.
    06-06-12 09:35 PM
    v3 (and v3.1) traversing the maps does not automatically store the maps, it just caches the map. You have to go under the preferences to force the tiles to be saved before quiting the application. Pending tiles will be saved while the app is not being used.
    06-07-12 10:29 AM
    Version 3.1 has finally been released to App World. We had RIM change the app from a try and buy to just a paid app. So for awhile, there will not be a trial version until a few other issues are worked out with App World.

The complete release notes can be found at o2 interactive. The highlights include:
    * Map storage by region (initial, update and delete)
    * Improved address lookup
    * Easy guidance access for start and end way points
    * Improved Yelp lookup
    * Earthquake layer
    * Australia guidance place lookups
    * And more...
    Last edited by jtegen; 06-07-12 at 01:16 PM.
    cbvinh likes this.
    06-07-12 10:32 AM
    Do you need to uninstall v3 then reinstall to get v3.1, I don't see an update.
    06-07-12 11:34 AM
    Will the already saved maps be overwritten when saved by region in the new version is applied?
    Or does upgrading to the new version delete the previously saved maps?
    I have my entire region saved already in different zoom modes.
    06-07-12 11:54 AM
    I am also unable to see the update. I am running 3.0.
    06-07-12 01:12 PM
    It was just released to App World. It takes them a day or so to approve it. Depending on what region of the world you are in, will determine when you will be notified.

It should not remove any data you already have on your device.
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    06-07-12 01:16 PM
    Offline map cache just doesn't work. It shows it being cached but it simply isn't caching all the tiles on the trip. Sometimes it just doesn't save either. Overall this isn't reliable when using it offline so for those buying this thinking it could replace your dedicated gps...think again. There needs to be an option to use offline vector maps or the ability to save tiles by selecting a large region.
    v3 (and v3.1) traversing the maps does not automatically store the maps, it just caches the map. You have to go under the preferences to force the tiles to be saved before quiting the application. Pending tiles will be saved while the app is not being used.
    Your caching doesn't work in a consistent / reliable manner . No matter how hard you try to save the cache . To make matters worst all tiles for a route are not saved on the same magnification - you have to play with zoom in/out to see the map . There are other issues when it comes to retrieving cached tiles , hopefully they'll be fixed in v3.1
    06-07-12 07:00 PM
    @stanwiz: Please contact us via the blog (o2 interactive) with steps to reproduce. We have not heard from anyone regarding this issue. thanks.
    06-07-12 07:37 PM
    3.1 is out now!
    06-07-12 10:15 PM
    ok i put in 4 different address one was 800 miles, 325,675,485, and it work!! That part looks like it is fix. leaving sat. and will see how it does. I did miss compass for a while, good job!
    06-07-12 11:18 PM
    V3.1 upgrade installs v1.3!!! V3 was only for us/Canada WTF
    06-07-12 11:37 PM
    V3.1 successfully installed here in Australia

Testing on the couch:
    Address lookup much improved
    Geographical points lookup now works for me
    Also like the blue highlights on map lock

Some potential suggestions for next version
    When Yelp is deactivated from layers can the icon also disappear - in this new version it sits there but is deactivated
    When you go to add a new poi by touch can it not snap back to current location
    Is it possible to have multiple poi bookmarks shown at the same time
    Is it possible for dashboard speed to be shown say in top right corner in contrast colors
    Can the cross arrow and dashboard settings also be saved on exit it set as an option
    06-08-12 06:39 AM
    OK, so under "Current Map To:" I only show 15, 16, 17 and 18 as options. I can't scroll within that list at all.

Nevermind, I figured it out.
    Last edited by hytran; 06-08-12 at 07:23 AM.
    06-08-12 07:14 AM
    The levels will only show from the current map level down to the closest level.
    06-08-12 07:51 AM
    It seems many that tried to upgrade to 3.1.0 are getting version 1.3.0 instead. We double checked and we know we gave App World the correct installation file. We have asked App World to look into this. Got to love App World some days.
    06-08-12 07:52 AM
    I was able to get 3.1.0
    06-08-12 08:12 AM
    i got 3.1.0 too
    06-08-12 08:42 AM
    We let App World know that is not 100%. Glad some are getting v3.1. If you did get 1.3, please let us know what region of the world you are in (e.g. North America, Europe, Asia, etc.)
    06-08-12 08:54 AM
    So I'm cruising around the map, adding street level maps to my 10GB cache when the latest addition downloads all but one tile and everything hangs. It's been sitting here for a good 10 minutes with no further progress. Tapping Abort makes it go back to Scanning, which also hangs.

But at least I have 3.1.0!
    06-08-12 12:09 PM
427 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD