Sounds like a bad tile in some way. Email us (via blog) the starting location, level and parameters used so we can see what that time might be. You can get the map center lat/lon from the navigation screen/add/Lat-Lon and select "Map Center". That would be more accurate.
    06-08-12 12:32 PM
    when you press yelp button and press it again, it doesnt hide.
    06-08-12 02:44 PM
    Just read the above and went to AppWorld. Magellan 3.0 showed an upgrade to z3.1, and it installed correctly. Located in metro Detroit area, Michigan, USA.
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-08-12 03:55 PM
    Just read the above and went to AppWorld. Magellan 3.0 showed an upgrade to z3.1, and it installed correctly. Located in metro Detroit area, Michigan, USA.
    I thought you looked familiar Harry.

Ditto v3.1, USA,Michigan Detroit
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-08-12 04:04 PM
    Bookmark is hard to create and maintain, POI hard create.

a more user-friendly UI will be appreciated.

searching is improved in v3.1, KUDOS!!

Sent via Tapatalk PB.
    06-08-12 05:14 PM
    Only able to find 2.3 in the Middle East App World. Help
    06-09-12 12:23 AM
    V.3.1 here in Bulgaria downloaded and installed without any problems. Tried to get cache for 444 km distance but the program just stopped in the middle.
    06-09-12 04:02 AM
    Have had a chance to play with 3.1 a bit. Regional caching works, there are a few minor bugs. Caching of routes kindof works. It would appear that there are several issues when it comes to retrieving a cached route in an area where a 'regional' map has been saved. The application gets lost and brings back weird combinations of tiles.

One additional feature/option I would like to see is speed to be added to the bottom of the screen in navigation (besides distance, duration ) - personally I can do without the current speed option.

Overall the changes are nice and have lots of potential but, as far as offline mapping is concerned, still has a ways to go.

I'll be contacting o2 with my findings.
    06-10-12 07:27 AM
    I've got a 16GB PB, and in Canada:

there still are some serious issues with this software on my pb.
    - the speed is very unreliable. i can be stationary, yet it shows me going 100+ kms
    - shows me going above the speed limit (which im clearly not)
    - despite toying with "on initial gps" settings, the screen goes back to my current location when im panning the map (very frustrating)
    - keeps re routing my trip even though im going straight along a hwy/rd it gave me. *sigh*
    Last edited by yunvi; 06-12-12 at 05:35 PM.
    06-12-12 05:30 PM
    I've got a 16GB PB, and in Canada:

there still are some serious issues with this software on my pb.
    - the speed is very unreliable. i can be stationary, yet it shows me going 100+ kms
    - shows me going above the speed limit (which im clearly not)
    - despite toying with "on initial gps" settings, the screen goes back to my current location when im panning the map (very frustrating)
    - keeps re routing my trip even though im going straight along a hwy/rd it gave me. *sigh*
    I have the same issues with GPS movement while stationary. If you turn off wifi it will taper off in a couple minutes & your location will be accurate
    06-12-12 06:47 PM
    All I'm getting is 1.3.0 with just google maps. I live in Sacramento, CA. I don't even have yelp and any of the other features I had. I deleted it and re-installed it several times with the same results.
    06-13-12 01:34 PM
    well i do have the same problem. i downloaded compass magellan yesterday. i live in montreal. entered an address in new jersey. it was found. i've setup the app to store up to 3 GB. when i hit get directions. then i set minimum level to street and max to town and hit start. and i can see it starts filling cache and what not till destination is 0km. it then goes backwards. now once it's done, magically, the app shuts down and nothing is saved. you guys should make it automatically save the tiles not to wait until we go in and hit save cause i tried this 3 times and its a long process.
    06-13-12 01:37 PM
    I'm probably going to feel really dumb for asking this, but I can't find where to cache by region...
    06-13-12 08:26 PM
    I'm probably going to feel really dumb for asking this, but I can't find where to cache by region...
    Does anyone know?
    06-14-12 10:44 AM
    I live in Sacramento, CA. I keep getting 1.3.0 after many deletes and re-installs.
    06-14-12 01:13 PM
    Does anyone know?
    I think there are two ways to find out how to use the Magellan Compass features:

1. Through experimentation .........

2. Via the excellent Magellan Compass PDF Help file. The Help file can be accessed from MC by swiping down from the top and selecting the center icon from the group of three icons on the right side of the screen. (It is the icon with the "i" on it)

Like any app with a lot of features, it takes time to learn how to do things.

Hope this helps.
    06-14-12 03:34 PM
    I read the instructions and I can not find specific instructions for caching a region. I would like to know the answer to that question. One possible way is to scroll around until you have traversed the entire region and then save the cache. But surely there is a better way.

Edit - Followed jtegen suggestion and it worked like a charm.
    Last edited by hackerguy; 06-16-12 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Update
    06-14-12 11:21 PM
    Jumpy GPS with WIFI has to do with the geolocation of the WIFI. If the WIFI gets mapped to a centralized WIFI/location database (and it can be in there without your knowledge) and you get false locations, it is because it might be trying to map your location with the WIFI because the GPS signal is weak. If it tracks fine without WIFI on, then it is something with your nearby WIFI device.

We are still trying to get RIM to resolve the 1.3 downgrade for some users. They might have a solution, but it seems to be taking some time to just get that adjusted to event test that this will resolve the issue. We are very frustrated by the whole App World "fixes".

For cache. Go under preference, select the Cache choice on the left. The starting point to cache a region is the current map location and zoom level. You then select which level you want to go to (max of 6 levels). Press "Start" and it will begin to get all the tiles in the current map view from the current map level to the level you select in the preference page. You have a choice to control that if the tile already exists (ignore, replace, refresh).

Similar feature to remove tiles by region.
    hackerguy likes this.
    06-15-12 08:32 AM
    I have the same issues with GPS movement while stationary. If you turn off wifi it will taper off in a couple minutes & your location will be accurate
    Hi clowrym, I tried out your suggestion: cached my route and then used only GPS. the jumping and speeds were still both eratic.

Im glad the no WIFI fix worked for you though.
    Last edited by yunvi; 06-15-12 at 07:20 PM.
    06-15-12 10:54 AM
    Trinidad is getting only the repeated 3.1.0 version on the update. Imagine my joy when all my cached tiles and function vanished while trying to navigate this road nightmare
    06-15-12 06:54 PM
    Jumpy GPS with WIFI has to do with the geolocation of the WIFI. If the WIFI gets mapped to a centralized WIFI/location database (and it can be in there without your knowledge) and you get false locations, it is because it might be trying to map your location with the WIFI because the GPS signal is weak. If it tracks fine without WIFI on, then it is something with your nearby WIFI device.

Similar feature to remove tiles by region.
    I've been the owner of this app for 2-3 days and have not really come to grips with the UI plus the jittery GPS nav marker(WIFI on/off) and the incomplete map sets. Several of my local streets do not show up on either map set. I found this to be true in the earlier Trial download which I uninstalled but I thought that the 3.1 version would take care of it. I'll reread the pdf and see what I may have missed in the setup.[url]http://cdn-forums.crackberry.com

Correction to missing local streets, MapQuest Does show them, OpenStreets does not so I'm all MapQuest now.
    Last edited by tofnow; 06-15-12 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Correction
    06-15-12 08:52 PM
    When this app finds the address it works pretty dang good.

life is better with root.
    06-15-12 09:15 PM
    jtegen:

Per your request: In MA USA. Received app world notification of MC upgrade today at 6:15pm ET. Had v3.1 app world downloaded v3.1.1........all is well.

You folks have done a Great job cleaning up many issues with MC! Thank you.
    06-20-12 05:31 PM
    No no in mudville here. Got the upgrade announcement only to repeatedly get 1.3.0 .
    06-20-12 06:39 PM
    Some features request:

1) map rotation, same direction as where you are going
    2) already better than v3, but still room for improvement
    3) improve creating POI interface, very poor UI, barbaric. Take a look at google maps from ios.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    06-20-12 11:13 PM
427 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD