so ive been hunting around for a skin for my playbook, didnt want something that would interfere with the charging cradle. the only option that i could see is the bodyguardz carbon fibre skin (BodyGuardz Armor Carbon Fiber for BlackBerry PlayBook | BlackBerry PlayBook Protective Films | CrackBerry Canada) now seeing this, i figured i would make my own. i have access to the same material this is made from, so why not!? i made my own template and cut out the pattern using a specific machine. coolest part about it, is that i have it fitting perfectly! all around the logo on the back the way it should be, unlike the bodyguardz' cutout. i also made it out of material that looks like a wooden ebony vaneer, with pores and grain. i also have other styles of wood as well as the same carbon fiber stuff i saw on shopcrackberry. stuff goes on nicely with no air bubbles and can peel off without harming. check it out!

woot!

edit: due to the apparent interest in the skin, ill start mailing them out for $20! if you would like one, hit me up on paypal with your address included. badrat*at*me.com. thanks :)
    Last edited by backsidetailslide; 09-15-12 at 10:20 AM.
    09-13-12 06:37 PM
    How did you cut it so perfect?
    09-13-12 07:07 PM
    That is awesome. Could u share your template? I would love to make one out of one of the zagg leather skins for an ipad....
    09-13-12 07:10 PM
    Woah, that's a snazzy Playbook! Good work
    backsidetailslide likes this.
    09-13-12 07:49 PM
    So when are you going to start taking orders?!? I want!!!! (I'm dangling a $10 dollar bill like a carrot)
    Spencerdl, BB_Bmore, hpjrt and 1 others like this.
    09-13-12 08:44 PM
    Great work TailSlide...
    09-13-12 08:47 PM
    Looks great id definitely order 2 or more of these from you if we could collab on a color scheme.
    09-13-12 09:08 PM
    I'll dangle some money too. Let me know when you start taking orders
    09-13-12 09:15 PM
    That looks great!
    09-13-12 09:20 PM
    Well done! Did you use a vinyl cutter to translate the template? Whatever, I too would be interested in at least one of these!
    09-13-12 09:24 PM
    That is seriously awesome! You did a great job! I am also interested in both, the wood grain and a royal pulled (if even possible). Message me the specifics if that is something you would be willing to do... Thanks!
    thecellarseller likes this.
    09-13-12 10:55 PM
    i would buy one... I got bored of the carbon and ripped mine off
    09-13-12 10:58 PM
    wow! thanks guys! based off the one I saw at shopcrackberry $30+shipping, I think I could havethese shipped to you for 20! how does that sound? ill have to go out and grab some cardboard mailers, so give me a couple days. if anyone is interested in picking one up you can paypal me your address at badrat*at*me.com

as of now ill be sticking to the ebony woodgrain, its quite wonderful
    thanks again!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    09-14-12 10:52 AM
    You should post the images of the other types of patterns you have. I would definitely be interested. For removal, does it leave any sort of residue on it? (i occasionally take my PB apart).
    09-14-12 10:59 AM
    Nice work ill take one how much?
    09-14-12 11:08 AM
    I would like a white one if available and will send you $20 as soon as I hear from you.
    09-14-12 11:17 AM
    Excellent work, I wish I had the skills you do.
    Congratulations
    09-14-12 11:19 AM
    Looks pretty fine

Congratz

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-14-12 11:29 AM
    Looks awesome! Great job!
    09-14-12 11:47 AM
    You should post the images of the other types of patterns you have. I would definitely be interested. For removal, does it leave any sort of residue on it? (i occasionally take my PB apart).
    no residue at all, its really awesome 3M material. people use it on their cars all the time with no problem when removing.

ill be pm'ing those that have shown interest in grabbing one. feel free to pm me as well
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-14-12 02:01 PM
    Pms have been sent to those that are interested!
    thanks again guys
    09-15-12 10:36 AM
    Great job please post on utube the how to video you should have been making while you built the skin.
    09-15-12 12:53 PM
    This! Awesome skin for the PlayBook. I love it and want one
    09-15-12 03:56 PM
    guys obviously this isn't just a hobby, this is a person who is a merchant and is sorta pretending to be a random guy that made his own skin by cutting out a vinyl sticker...so I don't think you"ll be seeing any youtube vids anytime soon LOL obviously this is just a ruse to make some money...not that I'm saying there is anything wrong with that...just that it would be better if your more straight forward with your intentions?
    Last edited by beman39; 09-15-12 at 04:39 PM.
    09-15-12 04:37 PM
    He did actually jump to the pitch very quickly ^^

Or, maybe he's just a smart guy

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-15-12 04:40 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD