It's the first time I've seen "designer" companies make something specifically for the PlayBook, while there are probably dozens for the iPad. Found two at the following link:
    Designer cases and covers on MR PORTER. I'm impressed they even have the right device in the photos with the logo - half the time it's some half-baked photochop for a case that wasn't even specifically made for a PlayBook. Of course two is hardly a comparison to the 40 or so they have for the iPad but it's a start.

As for the cases themselves, I've never heard of Bill Amberg. Want Les Essentiels makes pretty decent bags and iPad cases from what I've heard and their PlayBook case looks reasonably stylish, but I'm quite happy with my Mini Keyboard case. If there are people who would pay $2,000 for a Porsche Design phone these aren't too out of hand price-wise.
    Last edited by svelt; 05-08-12 at 03:21 PM.
    05-08-12 03:02 PM
    The thing about playbook cases is that if it covers the bezel even the tiniest bit it not only makes it look odd and covers the beauty of that face, but it's also very odd for typing, gaming etc. I've tried the senacases journal very nice leather didn't like the bezel covering thing. I'm trying to get my hands on the vajacase which has had excellent reviews, looks really nice, lovely leather open face and all and very slim, and also allows you to stand the pb up. Check out senacases.com and vajacases.com
    Last edited by Olukunlea; 05-08-12 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Correction
    05-08-12 04:44 PM
    BILL AMBERG
    Blackberry PlayBook Case
    215 (thats GBP... thats $350)

Really? Honestly? What???? who in the right mind thought up the idea of selling a bit of leather for more money than the Device it holds?
    madman0141 likes this.
    05-08-12 05:00 PM
    You have to love designers who make a case for a device when they have no clue how it works...
    taylor96 likes this.
    05-08-12 05:02 PM
    At that price it must be for Bill Amberg to deliver it personally. Which might not be bad if I knew who he was.
    taylor96 likes this.
    05-08-12 06:17 PM
    Pricey but they do look cool.
    05-08-12 06:58 PM
    The thing about playbook cases is that if it covers the bezel even the tiniest bit it not only makes it look odd and covers the beauty of that face, but it's also very odd for typing, gaming etc. I've tried the senacases journal very nice leather didn't like the bezel covering thing. I'm trying to get my hands on the vajacase which has had excellent reviews, looks really nice, lovely leather open face and all and very slim, and also allows you to stand the pb up. Check out senacases.com and vajacases.com
    Vaja cases: beautiful. Have bought from them in the past - well worth the money.
    05-08-12 11:59 PM
    05-09-12 02:21 AM
    I went to look at the dodocase on their website. I couldn't find one for the playbook anywhere. I know they do/did make one because it was reviewed on most of the Blackberry Enthusiast websites I follow.

* Homepage Playbook Header | DODOcase
    05-09-12 09:00 AM
    These cases must be for the "rich" and "famous".....I'm neither, I will just stick with my OEM products. I actually like them
    05-09-12 09:21 AM
    vaja cases are very very nice. They can be customized in color as well and they have some unique options.
    05-09-12 09:28 AM
    I personaly prefer Piel Frama cases. Leather quality is IMHO unrivaled.

Not too expensive actually : 89$
    05-09-12 11:36 AM
    Portenzo makes some nice looking "luxury" cases for the PB that can be customized by selecting type of leather, interior and exterior colors, personal embossing and starting at $59.95, plus they are made in the USA.

https://shop.portenzo.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BlackBerry%20Playbo ok
    05-09-12 12:08 PM
    Have the Sena Black/Orange Journal for my 64GB Playbook. When I walk into a meeting with it, it draws attention to itself by it's good looks. Hooked into an HDMI, I use the "stand" function, and present to groups, using either my BB Storm as a remote, or without. Awesome. The journal itself is soft and sturdy; feels secure in one hand.

It may not be for everyone, but I am very pleased with it.
    05-09-12 12:21 PM
    Portenzo makes some nice looking "luxury" cases for the PB that can be customized by selecting type of leather, interior and exterior colors, personal embossing and starting at $59.95, plus they are made in the USA.

https://shop.portenzo.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BlackBerry%20Playbo ok
    Those look really nice. Thanks for sharing the link. I may have to sweet-talk the hubby (cuz he's practical & I already have a convertible case ).
    05-09-12 01:08 PM
    BILL AMBERG
    Blackberry PlayBook Case
    215 (thats GBP... thats $350)

Really? Honestly? What???? who in the right mind thought up the idea of selling a bit of leather for more money than the Device it holds?
    Well, that Bill Amberg case is now $63 USD, just a heads up that I got from an email this morning -
    Bill Amberg Blackberry PlayBook Case | MR PORTER
    07-03-12 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD