So here's how I'm currently set up, I have a Bold with a 6GB LTE Share Plan from Rogers. I added the Data Share plan to a new micro-SIM card last week and put it in my LTE PlayBook, they now share the 6GB of data (without bridge).

As a few might know, Rogers had their "Super 6GB Plan" last week and were offering a few sweet deals with it, such as adding a tablet to the plan for only $2/month for 10 months.

I learned today that if you have an existing 1GB, 3GB or 6GB LTE Share Plan, for about another week you can activate any data share line and still get all the features such as UNLIMITED data for two months and still only pay $2 a month for the first 10 months, on month 11 it goes back up to $12 a month thereafter.

So it only costs an extra $2 a month to burn up the network with my PlayBook!

Thought you all should know!
    08-18-12 11:06 AM
    Good deal... but a little slight of hand.... doing what the satellite companies have done for years... when you sign up;... they give you 2 months of full programing free... after 2 months they will have patterned you to expect the service and hope you will keep the expensive package after 2 months..... same works for data... if you get use to streaming movies or tv or other heavy data usage for the first 2 months.... most people sort of get hooked.... then it can get real expensive.... and makles lots of bucks for the carriers...
    08-18-12 11:34 AM
    I agree. Most people get hooked. It's good and bad. For me with the PlayBook, the novelty of downloading gigs' of content every day will wear off and I assume the usage will get down to normal levels of checking emails, YouTube, etc.

It's a great deal though for my Dev Alpha, as RIM will want it back come January, so that means the next 2 months is unlt'd data usage on the dev alpha, plus it will never see the $10 price hike come June as it will be cancelled in January. So a total of $12 between now and January ($2/month) just to run my Dev Alpha is pretty sweet.
    08-18-12 03:40 PM
    I hope Sprint has something close to this deal. Good job.
    08-18-12 04:12 PM
    I'm sure with all the love AT&T has for it's customers they will have a similar or better plan for less $$$ cause that's how they roll
    08-18-12 08:42 PM
    I'm sure with all the love AT&T has for it's customers they will have a similar or better plan for less $$$ cause that's how they roll
    I worked for Ma Bell back in the day and they had a similar love for their employees.
    08-19-12 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD