When?

Who are the carriers?

Thank you..

Also, can the PB be unlocked?

Signed,

Hot to trot for LTE PB
    Last edited by researchrat; 08-10-12 at 09:35 AM.
    08-10-12 09:33 AM
    When, probably Q4
    Carriers ; i dont know
    Unlock ; yes
    08-10-12 02:54 PM
    SOON...(10 characters)
    08-10-12 02:57 PM
    When, probably Q4
    Carriers ; i dont know
    Unlock ; yes
    ^ sounds right to me from everything I know... I live in the states, but I am ordering one shortly here when I find one not on plan whether through RW or elsewhere [although I do not particularly like most of the sites people use for 3rd party facilitators], not because I think I will use it a great deal more than anything else, but I just like to collect technology...
    08-10-12 05:18 PM
    ^ sounds right to me from everything I know... I live in the states, but I am ordering one shortly here when I find one not on plan whether through RW or elsewhere [although I do not particularly like most of the sites people use for 3rd party facilitators], not because I think I will use it a great deal more than anything else, but I just like to collect technology...
    I want to order one too. What are our options here? eBay? Craigslist? Amazon? Even without a contract, Canadian carriers won't ship to the US, correct? Thanks.
    08-10-12 08:37 PM
    I assume it will be a GSM based phone company like ATT or T mobile
    as the fall back if 4G (LTE) & HSPA+ are not available in 3G as HSPA+ is a tuned up 3G anyway

Sprint already rejected the PB LTE this spring

I guess the best bet is to buy an unlocked version and get your own plan
    With the unlocked GSM version you always can get a data SIM nearly everywhere in the world, maybe running on 3G but cheaper than paying 30 Euros per 24 hours for WIFI or WLan in a hotel

or the use the old WIFI version and get yourself a portable hotspot from T-mobile or Sprint at $40 per month and tether up to 5 to 7 gadget in the same time
    I would not use clearwire, as their service is still spotty

08-10-12 09:14 PM
    At current and for the foreseable future your best bet is to just get/keep a cheap wifi playbook and get an lte enabled wifi hotspot from one of the US carriers... I feel strongly since, this time around, canada was the first to get the launch, its because rim can't fiind interest in an american carrier and releasing a radio enabled playbook that had no support would be a monumental embarassment... they dodged the issue by dropping it in canada first where there is interest.

Before anybody says "wrong! Its a canadian product, that's why!" Then explain to me why the wifi tablet dropped in the USA first.

I would be willing to bet that is why we haven't even heard a leak or a rumor regarding the US launch date...
    Last edited by kb5zht; 08-11-12 at 08:55 AM.
    08-11-12 08:52 AM
    Depending upon the particular device and its certifications and after reviewing the applicable nature of U.S. Import/Export law you can determine whether a device like this will ship to the U.S.

In this case the PB4G can be used within the U.S. and can be shipped here; however, Rogers Communications, Inc. & Telus' online wireless stores do not ship outside of Canada, not for legal reasons, but their online store policy... However, Bell Mobility does do international shipping, but we will not know about whether they will be shipping PB4G anytime soon for those purposes...

So options I will consider include:
    1. Amazon
    2. NewEgg [While I have heard they have some of the best refurbished products, I always buy new if I buy from them still]
    3. Negri Electronics has pre-order available and I think I am just going to place an order in now because they have always had a good reputation for new devices, just a bit more expensive

Places I will not participate in E-commerce:
    -eBay
    -Craigslist
    08-11-12 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD