Either way we will never forget it, but we be able to put it behind us and move on (or most likely away).
    Yes, indeed. The next gen Nexus 7 is supposed to go on sale next week.
    07-18-13 03:18 PM
    Not much more that what the PlayBook is selling for now.

But after playing with some larger tablets and seeing how useful a real smartphone can be. I really think that a large tablet is what I want. Can use my Z10 (or maybe just a little larger next time) as a on the spot mobile device, and use the tablet for other things where I want mobility but more screen real estate. But I can see some preferring a more on the go platform too...

As for device, the Surface Pro really has me intrigued. To be able to use the same programs and files on my desktop, laptop (might not need anymore) and tablet.... sweet. Of course at $899 it is a LOT more than the Nexus 7... just need to find someone that has used one for a while.
    07-18-13 03:36 PM
    You might check the revised title. Shouldn't it say "Loyalty Reward" instead of "Loyalty Reword "??
    Nah- he "re-worded" it...............so all is good!
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-18-13 03:38 PM
    I would like a Z10 in lieu of my PB. Thanks Thor...
    07-18-13 04:11 PM
    Torsten will buy every PlayBook owner a Coke! But if you have more than one, you still only get a single Coke.

That's what I am expecting. A "Coke"-valued "loyalty reward". That's how cynical I've become. I mean, if you're going jerk your best customers around, why not do it RIGHT!?
    Ragwan and FF22 like this.
    07-18-13 04:12 PM
    Torsten will buy every PlayBook owner a Coke! But if you have more than one, you still only get a single Coke.

That's what I am expecting. A "Coke"-valued "loyalty reward". That's how cynical I've become. I mean, if you're going jerk your best customers around, why not do it RIGHT!?
    LOL!!!

But, I don't like Coke, so where does that leaves me?

If anything, probably will be a $5 (or whatever the Canadian equivalent) gift certificate to his favorite Chinese/sushi restaurant.
    07-18-13 04:25 PM
    The best loyalty reward that we should be getting is something like a full bridge function between our BB10 phones and PlayBook... plus an improved browser... and compatibility of BB10 apps and games with our PlayBook... that's surely a worthy "loyalty rewards" to loyalty customers...

Posted via Z10
    Yes, but BBRY has to actually be listening in order for this to happen. It would be nice if CB were the voice of PB owners to get this message across to BBRY to even see if this would be an acceptable viable option as a peace offering and then that is it. But I would also like to see Outlook sync full working for the PB.

But we dream and hope that they are not dashed agaist the rocks....yet again.
    07-18-13 04:35 PM
    Reward? For what? For buying the PlayBook? For keeping it and not buying a competitor's product? BB is somehow obligated to compensate me for not buying something else?

I entered into a transaction wherein I paid an agreed price in return for an agreed product, i.e., a PB. I got precisely what I bargained for. No more, no less. I expect no more and no less.
    07-18-13 05:08 PM
    it's a 2 year tablet you got for $99 I think people should stop crying..

edit - And, it's still probably as fast as anything on the market.

Also, why do people need a bridge to a slightly larger lower res screen, I could understand even with my old torch but it was a novelty/gimmick.

Bold worked well but it doesn't matter now.
    Everyone one is entitled to an opinion.
    07-18-13 05:44 PM
    Thor, Please add the 6 functions I used to have with my 8530 Sprint Curve to the 64 GB Playbook I purchased to "BRIDGE TO MY PLAYBOOK" . Or add it to the Z10. Whatever it takes. I purchased three 16 GB Playbooks and one 64 GB Playbook and our group bought three Z10's on Verizon to use as "compatible units". We are waiting patiently as we all know things take time to develop. Thanks for your support. You did say you are continuing support for the Playbooks, right? Thanks again. $1000 including tax, $900 without spent on Playbooks alone. $400 credit toward new Playbooks is fine. Let me know who to give my Pay Pal email to for the payment.
    No longer overly agressive as it points to an opinion. Now please discuss
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-18-13 05:49 PM
    Originally Posted by Punjabi84
    it's a 2 year tablet you got for $99 I think people should stop crying..
    edit - And, it's still probably as fast as anything on the market.
    Also, why do people need a bridge to a slightly larger lower res screen, I could understand even with my old torch but it was a novelty/gimmick.
    Bold worked well but it doesn't matter now."

The above statement was made by someone in these forums that evidently throws $100 bills away on a daily basis...
    Powerpoint type applications are a gimmick to you? Very useful to us. We used the Playbooks and Bridge on our 8530 Curves to teach young children things. Now they do not work anymore on our three Z10's and our four Playbooks. What a waste for a promise that was made. Thank you very much for your opinion.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-18-13 05:59 PM
    "Security!!!"
    dazzleaj likes this.
    07-18-13 06:05 PM
    And coke?
    Probably not.
    Perhaps a free copy of Angry Birds in Space.
    07-18-13 06:20 PM
    Can I get Coke Lime? or Coke Lime with Goose mixed in and in a glass bottle with the BB logo
    07-19-13 04:16 AM
    Although I'd settle for a Coke right now (due to the extremely hot local weather), I was hoping more for a free fully-functional and stable browser...
    And, yes, there's the Origami browser, but it's not quite stable yet IMHO.
    07-19-13 04:32 AM
    I just wanted the browser updated to make better use of the 1GB ram, to stop having to play chequers when waiting pages to load, that's all. I was thinking about getting a Z10 next year but after being liar to, they can stick that up there arse. I never expected BB10 on the PlayBook, but I also never expected to be subjected to a pack of liars. As for the royalty reward program, Bollocks! It'll never, ever happen.
    FF22 and cmdr_dan like this.
    07-19-13 06:59 AM
    "Security!!!"
    What is it that makes a PlayBook more secure than a Nexus 7? Especially when most people are running apps that they downloaded from some 3rd party site and then sideloaded them onto their PlayBook... does that sound secure to you?

PlayBook and BB10 devices don't use BIS. So from this point forward, unless you are on BES (which PlayBooks aren't) other than BBM I don't believe any data traffic is anymore secure on a BB than it is on Android.
    07-19-13 07:14 AM
    Being a loyal BBRY fan for many years and many devices, I should get a reward but how can a struggling company provide a reward? I hope that BB10 is successful and creates more competition in the smartphone field. The PB was the root for BB10 development and we bought them hoping that BBRY would make a dent in the I market (Iphone, Ipad, Ipod) but the I market is a monster to be dealt with. The PB was fun while it lasted (I still use mine a lot) but the Surface now meets my tablet/computing needs much better. I hope BBRY survives but I believe that the US market is dying fast and the world will follow! RIP PB and RIP BBRY!
    07-19-13 08:45 AM
118 ... 345