You might check the revised title. Shouldn't it say "Loyalty Reward" instead of "Loyalty Reword "??
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    07-17-13 12:51 PM
    The PlayBook was a huge loss already. I'd rather they keep any "reward" to keep the ship afloat.

My PlayBook works just fine the way it is.

Time to worry about something else...
    The ship has been sinking for many years and a $49 Z10 proves it.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-17-13 12:52 PM
    You might check the revised title. Shouldn't it say "Loyalty Reward" instead of "Loyalty Reword "??
    It's funny how many titles get changed left and right, but they don't seem to get fixed, haha
    Sith_Apprentice and cmdr_dan like this.
    07-17-13 12:55 PM
    That one is fixed now
    cmdr_dan likes this.
    07-17-13 12:57 PM
    Bit of a reach on the conspiracy theory isnt it? lol. Title was re-worded to make it more applicable. Content is still the same.
    Sarcasm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."[1][2] In modern usage, the word "sarcasm" is commonly interpreted as involving irony,[3] or employs ambivalence,[4] but traditionally sarcasm was not necessarily irony.[5]
    07-17-13 12:59 PM
    That one is fixed now
    Nice, my confidence has been restored, haha
    07-17-13 01:00 PM
    They can keep their money and I'll keep my four PlayBooks. I just want a faster browser and my Bridge back for my Z10. I don't know why we can't get these just fixed! I don't need/want BB10 on my PlayBook!
    FF22, stpara, webcrawler and 6 others like this.
    07-17-13 01:01 PM
    Sarcasm is currently trading at $9.23 a share.
    07-17-13 01:03 PM
    They can keep their money and I'll keep my four PlayBooks. I just want a faster browser and my Bridge back for my Z10. I don't know why we can't get these just fixed! I don't need/want BB10 on my PlayBook!
    I don't think I would hold my breath for bridge, but there are some great 3rd party browsers for the PB that run much better than the stock one
    07-17-13 01:03 PM
    07-17-13 01:12 PM
    True story! Lol
    07-17-13 01:13 PM
    That one is fixed now
    I think the first correction was best. The pun of "reword" in a title change was brilliant.

On topic. I think it's silly to say "i think he's lying about something he never said in the first place." Whether or not there ends up being a reward, or if he thought it was even a good idea, if they discussed it, that's that.

Realistiaclly, the PB is old, lost a ton of money, and is in relatively few people's hands. It's not a smart move to spend money pusing development that they figured out wouldn't bring about a satisfactory product, or to give away a bunch of new stuff/money to address something that has been end of life for so long.

That said, if I were in TH shoes and someone convinced me rewards were smart, I'd go with an incentive to get people to buy BB10 devices. That would at least help in the overall adoption which the company badly needs now.
    spyeagle likes this.
    07-17-13 01:15 PM
    Next Executive meeting.

THOR: "Oh great. Someone thought ahead and ordered Sushi. Wow, doesn't that look good".
    EXEC: "Sir. Ya know, we are really getting smeared in the market cause we don't have a Tablet strategy."
    THOR: "I really like the way they sprinkle roe on these rolls. It makes me feel like a CEO, eating caviar.
    EXEC: "The playbook was a dud -everyone knows we killed it off. But we need to compete with Silicon Valley and get our tablet strategy sorted out"
    THOR: "Mmmm, nom, nom, nom... Oh that wasabi is hot."
    THOR: "Hmm yes, tablets. Well, I don't really see the point of them. I mean I can't even watch "Breaking Bad" on the my PB.
    EXEC: Sir!
    THOR: "Just make up something to make me look like we have a plan".

LATER in the news:

"RIM CEO CLAIMS TABLETS TO BE DEAD IN 5 YEARS"

Public Reaction: Hilarity ensues.

THOR: "DUH! Mmmm donuts."
    FF22, anon(4067838), dmlis and 1 others like this.
    07-17-13 01:24 PM
    We won't be eligible for a "loyalty reward" until everyone else who spent money on abandoned technology gets their reward first. I remember standing in line to purchase a very popular game and noticed there was another line forming. I asked them what they were buying and they all gleefully replied "Sega Dreamcast!" These are the breaks! Break it up, break it up, break it up, break down!
    07-17-13 01:29 PM
    We won't be eligible for a "loyalty reward" until everyone else who spent money on abandoned technology gets their reward first. I remember standing in line to purchase a very popular game and noticed there was another line forming. I asked them what they were buying and they all gleefully replied "Sega Dreamcast!" These are the breaks! Break it up, break it up, break it up, break down!
    I can say one thing about my BlackBerry Products from my Cure 8something to my PlayBook 64 to my Bold 9930 and to my future $49 Q or Z10 I have never stood in or even seen a line for BlackBerry.
    Yet I continue to stay here because when I look at apple sites and use my ipad mini the apple ipeople are boring compared to those here.
    07-17-13 01:43 PM
    the one reward that would appease me would be for Link to support the playbook and give it access to remote file access. if they did this I would start using my playbook again!
    Dunmanway Emar likes this.
    07-17-13 01:44 PM
    Here's how I imagine what transpired inside RIM.

Playbook Marketing guy walks into executive meet.
    Wait...there was a Playbook Marketing guy?!?!?!?!
    07-17-13 01:51 PM
    odd 4 million or something playbook wifi owners.
    the number is like peanuts. population is 7 billion. does it matter?
    wait a second peanuts is not the right word. grain of sand.
    QuackQuack147: "today is the day, are we playbook owners treat as dooms day?"
    Thor : Nah silly guy, you were doomed when you purchased it, yesterday's result isnt even salt on the new injury. Yesterday was not the dooms day. So get over it.
    QuackQuack147: Mkay you and Thank you, SIR! Good day and have a great life. Life goes on!
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-17-13 01:52 PM
    Remember the BlackBerry trade up program? They should make it available for us to trade up from the PlayBook to a new BlackBerry of our choice.
    anon(1852343) and bungaboy like this.
    07-17-13 01:55 PM
    The MODS have been changing my Title a bunch of times. It was originally Titles "Another Thor Lie? Loyalty reward for playbook owners?"

I don't think they want this post to rise.
    07-17-13 02:06 PM
    Sarcasim is down to $9.18 a share. It was at like $140 a share at one time. New name same Ole RIM.
    07-17-13 02:08 PM
    wow people sure have a lot of time on their hands to complain. just wow. grow up.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    07-17-13 02:29 PM
    wow people sure have a lot of time on their hands to complain. just wow. grow up.
    You: spending time reading Crackberry forums.
    You: complaining that other people spending time on Crackberry forums.

Haha.
    07-17-13 02:37 PM
    I can say one thing about my BlackBerry Products from my Cure 8something to my PlayBook 64 to my Bold 9930 and to my future $49 Q or Z10 I have never stood in or even seen a line for BlackBerry.
    Yet I continue to stay here because when I look at apple sites and use my ipad mini the apple ipeople are boring compared to those here.
    The only reason any of us stand in line is we "have to have it first" syndrome: that irresistible urge to earn the right to say "I got it first, on the first day it was available". This condition is often exacerbated when it comes in contact with another condition known as the "I got it cheapest, after it was discontinued" syndrome. There is a strong advisory against letting these two volatile groups from ever coming in contact one another, because the outcome of their interaction is dangerous and unpredictable.
    emtunc likes this.
    07-17-13 02:37 PM
    Personally having bought a PlayBook 64GB the day it came out and a BlackBerry Z10 the day it came out, and paid full price for both I expect nothing less than $600.00 or a BlackBerry A10 when it comes out. Those are the only 2 things I could accept to remain a die hard BB fan.
    07-17-13 03:05 PM
118 1234 ...