From the Crackberry article interview with Thor - "We asked the BlackBerry CEO if they're considering any sort of loyalty reward for PlayBook owners to help maintain the BlackBerry love, to which he responded it's something they have been actively discussing and considering."

Does anyone really expect this to happen? I asked product manager John on the Blackberry Beta Forums and he had no response. I suspect Thor really doesn't have any intent to provide this. It was just a way to soft pedal the playbook end-of-life.

Now that they officially said the PB would not get anymore updates, it would be the right time to come out with this program.
    07-17-13 11:29 AM
    So they're lying about thinking and considering something?

Your title is unnecessarily aggressive.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor, grover5, mk2234 and 3 others like this.
    07-17-13 11:31 AM
    Lol. You sure give him too much credit by even bothering to doubt him.
    07-17-13 11:31 AM
    With Thor's track record with it's right around the corner, coming soon,will be able to add Cheque's in the mail also.
    07-17-13 11:37 AM
    So they're lying about thinking and considering something?

Your title is unnecessarily aggressive.

Posted via CB10
    Not an aggressive accusation. Just a question.
    robkd and snarlybear like this.
    07-17-13 11:41 AM
    Here's how I imagine what transpired inside RIM.

Playbook Marketing guy walks into executive meet.

PB MK GUY: "Hey, there are a lot of really pissed off PB users out there."
    THOR: "Hmmm. What's for lunch. Didn't we order from that Chinese place yesterday. Let's have that catered in."
    PB MK GUY: "No really. You should read all of the negative posts on Crackberry. Our user base is turning on us"
    THOR: "I'm thinking Kung Pow Chicken today. I really like those cashews"
    Other Exec: "Yes, yes. You are right. We must do something. I'll have the fried rice."
    PB MK GUY: "I have an idea. What if we offer the playbook owners some sort of loyalty reward."
    Other Exec: "Let's get the receptionist to do that."
    PB MK GUY: "You mean the loyalty program?".
    Other Exec: "Pick up lunch".
    PB MK GUY: "This has already been field tested. We've polled our users and found we can gain back their loyalty'.
    THOR: "NO. Please close the door on your way out. And tell the receptionist we'd like Chinese food for lunch".

Months later:

Crackberry Interview with Thor.

KEVIN: "Are you considering any sort of loyalty reward for PlayBook owners to help maintain the BlackBerry love."
    THOR: "Yes, we've been discussing this internally."
    07-17-13 12:07 PM
    Rewards are coming SOON.
    07-17-13 12:08 PM
    Not an aggressive accusation. Just a question.
    You stated in your post you thought he was lying about this. How is that not an aggressive accusation?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 12:11 PM
    Imo TH is just winging it here not wanting to kick PB owners in the nads... again, after the BB10 on PB debacle and now the news there will be no more significant updates to the PB OS. Nothing will come of this. Loyalty... sure that matters to BlackBerry.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-17-13 12:13 PM
    No longer overly agressive as it points to an opinion. Now please discuss
    07-17-13 12:13 PM
    You stated in your post you thought he was lying about this. How is that not an aggressive accusation?

Posted via CB10
    Really? Where?
    07-17-13 12:16 PM
    Title change!!
    07-17-13 12:17 PM
    Title change!!
    Continuing from The Exec Meeting...

THOR: "Get that PB MK GUY to call up Crackberry and tell them to edit user comments to make them less negative."
    OTHER EXEC: "Sir, We fired him. Remember we no longer have a playbook organization.
    THOR: "We give Crackberry a lot of money to maintain a fanboi site for us. Get Keven on the phone".
    07-17-13 12:24 PM
    Loyalty for PlayBook owners....OP let me tell you this,"It was one of the hardest decisions I had to make."
    between ordering Chinese and McDonalds but no I am sorry nothing for you but we will make another device soon.

OP keep the anger it shows someone still knows we got the shaft.
    07-17-13 12:33 PM
    Really? Where?
    You stated, "I suspect Thor really doesn't have any intent to provide this. It was just a way to soft pedal the playbook end-of-life." You think Thor lied. I honestly don't care. I'm just not sure why you aren't embracing it as opposed to spinning around it. You made the thread.
    07-17-13 12:34 PM

THOR: "Get that PB MK GUY to call up Crackberry and tell them to edit user comments to make them less negative."
    OTHER EXEC: "Sir, We fired him. Remember we no longer have a playbook organization.
    THOR: "We give Crackberry a lot of money to maintain a fanboi site for us. Get Keven on the phone".
    Bit of a reach on the conspiracy theory isnt it? lol. Title was re-worded to make it more applicable. Content is still the same.
    red72, Mojavekroc, pkcable and 2 others like this.
    07-17-13 12:35 PM
    "We asked the BlackBerry CEO if they're considering any sort of loyalty reward for PlayBook owners to help maintain the BlackBerry love, to which he responded it's something they have been actively discussing and considering.
    Does anyone really expect this to happen?
    No. Why should they? If youre going to buy a Blackberry device, youre going to buy it. If not, it doesnt matter.
    Robert Roger and maddie1128 like this.
    07-17-13 12:37 PM
    Who cares my PlayBook still works! I expect no loyalty reward.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 12:37 PM
    Bit of a reach on the conspiracy theory isnt it? lol. Title was re-worded to make it more applicable. Content is still the same.
    lol was wondering about the "reword"
    07-17-13 12:38 PM
    From the Crackberry article interview with Thor - "We asked the BlackBerry CEO if they're considering any sort of loyalty reward for PlayBook owners to help maintain the BlackBerry love, to which he responded it's something they have been actively discussing and considering."

Does anyone really expect this to happen? I asked product manager John on the Blackberry Beta Forums and he had no response. I suspect Thor really doesn't have any intent to provide this. It was just a way to soft pedal the playbook end-of-life.

Now that they officially said the PB would not get anymore updates, it would be the right time to come out with this program.
    See, now this is NOT a lie. There is no commitment in the statement to do so, only that they are dicussing it. With BB10 to PlayBook, if they had said they are attempting to upgrade, then there would have been a lot less backlash. The lie was in the the statement that all PlayBooks "WILL" be upgraded. That is a commitment.
    07-17-13 12:41 PM

Haha, wow. My comment had nothing to do with you or your thread, by the way
    07-17-13 12:44 PM
    I will be the one to say that yea, I'm pretty sure Thorsten is straight up lying. This will never happen, along with playbook updates or restoring bridge functionality.

Not that I really blame him, it's the right thing to say, whether or not it's actually being considered.
    07-17-13 12:45 PM
    You stated, "I suspect Thor really doesn't have any intent to provide this. It was just a way to soft pedal the playbook end-of-life." You think Thor lied. I honestly don't care. I'm just not sure why you aren't embracing it as opposed to spinning around it. You made the thread.
    I never said he lied about "discussing it internally." Read my other post on this. I just don't think he ever intended to provide a loyalty program.

Edited - playing nice
    Last edited by jcsf123; 07-17-13 at 01:01 PM.
    07-17-13 12:46 PM
    The PlayBook was a huge loss already. I'd rather they keep any "reward" to keep the ship afloat.

My PlayBook works just fine the way it is.

Time to worry about something else...
    07-17-13 12:48 PM
    Let's avoid personal attacks guys
    07-17-13 12:51 PM
118 123 ...