Don't worry, BlackBerry realising a PlayBook at the end of this year si don't worry,

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:37 PM
    Don't worry, BlackBerry realising a PlayBook at the end of this year si don't worry,

Posted via CB10
    Did your uncle tell you this?
    11-03-13 07:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah? And they'll be delivered by tooth-faeries riding unicorns that sh*t skittles, I presume.
    ViBogdan likes this.
    11-03-13 10:21 AM
    Z30 might be a tablet replacer for me. I started using a Nexus 7 recently instead of the PB. It is a great device, but if you stuck a new processor and some RAM in the PB I would go right back to it.

The PB keyboard beats everything as does its email client. I like the user interface better as well. The speakers, the much maligned buttons, etc. all better.

If only they made ONE MORE version of the PB we would be set for a while.
    11-03-13 12:34 PM
    2014 expectation: Some genius would come up with the light version of BB10 for the playbook and hopefully we can enjoy BB10 apps as well. Would be the best experience evar
    BB12MX, domex and dpaulbelcher like this.
    11-03-13 11:01 PM
    I do love my z30 and PlayBook
    I wish a good os update for the play book
    The player on the play book is choppy. But still love it

Posted using my Z10 and CB10
    domex likes this.
    11-06-13 11:54 AM
    I will maybe buy on sale android tablet, but if I the Z30 is already on MX I will do nothing but to buy the Z30 =)
    11-06-13 03:35 PM
    The z10 was out of the blue, just like that maybe the PlayBook may come out of the blue

Posted via CB10
    The Z10 was not out of the blue. It was expected to come as soon as BlackBerry acquired QNX.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 10:19 AM
    It doesn't personally bother me, but I think it should bother BB and give them cause to reassess the situation with the Playbook.

As far as use goes I use my PB quite a lot as a web browser and social networking tool. I'm pretty happy with the way my PB operates and what it is good for, but let's not kid ourselves: it's no iPad killer. The PB is much more focussed on communication, web browsing and business functions which is perfect for my needs.

I think that if BB want to move back into the tablet space then they need to have BB10, good specs, great functionality, and a reasonable price. In reality I think a tablet isn't going to happen but I would like to see BB have three classes of Z series phones: 4" Z4 5" Z5, 6" Z6 (I think a name change would simplify the range)

A Z6 device would fill the space that a tablet would have filled while allowing the end user to still make calls, BBMs, et cetera.
    11-11-13 05:34 AM
    I think 2014 is a new year, good or bad? I'll be getting something else. Not sure what yet, I do know it be made by bbry.
    11-11-13 05:38 AM
    it would be interesting if they ported off the playbook to the chinese, having seen the way lenovo exploded with the benefit of cheaper costs but trading on the thinkpad name. the new Brackbelly Praybook woudl plobabry see multiple models pretty sharpish.

you can go to a supplier in china and get 5000 android tablets with whatever ports you want on them within a few weeks which is why we are seeing 50 dollar tablets appearing which will flood the beginner market as people seek christmas presents but refuse to fork out the extortionate apple prices.

11-12-13 06:21 AM
    i'm gonna get an abacus...
    AH a man with an abacus. Just don't update the software.
    11-15-13 09:58 AM
    A Microsoft Surface Pro 2
    Got one already! Don't need a tablet other than something BlackBerry lol! But a tablet/computer works perfectly for me so that's why i chose the surface!

Posted via CB10 on my ? BlackBerry Q10
    11-15-13 02:14 PM
    First no skype...now even no BBM...this company is a big joke...
    Rot in hell BB - just sad of another non-IOS/Android alternative less...but if you're behaving like this with your customers, who cares anymore about this company?

The worst part of this bad joke are the people with no expectations at all that their playbook is still working for the 1,5 cases they need it for...I guess all the development money for playbook was spent on them for trolling these boards!
    11-15-13 05:11 PM
    If 2014 comes and I'm still waiting for any OS update for PlayBook, I probably need to see a psychiatrist...
    Magnesus likes this.
    11-16-13 05:56 AM
    If 2014 comes and I'm still waiting for any OS update for PlayBook, I probably need to see a psychiatrist...
    Maybe all BlackBerry PlayBook users could get a group discount. I'm signing up Monday.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    11-16-13 02:53 PM
    I am thinking along those lines. Rather than investing in more apps for more disparate OS's - move to a Win Tablet and run my old and familiar apps, ahem, PROGRAMS, on it.
    Yes, complete with malware and code rotting applications.

No thanks.
    Magnesus likes this.
    11-16-13 11:21 PM
    Yes, complete with malware and code rotting applications.

No thanks.
    So you don't have a computer? I find that hard to believe. If you had a Surface Pro 2 it would essentially replace any computer you have now, especially with an external monitor.

And Windows 8 comes pre-installed with Microsoft Security Essentials (full antivirus), which is as good as any other antivirus programme. As long as you don't go downloading risky files, you should be just fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 11:37 PM
    My brother gave my PB back the other day citing it as slow and unresponsive. Unfortunately, I have to agree.

For 2014, I can see the PlayBook being finally listen as a discontinued product.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 11:44 PM
    I still like and use my PB 16g regularly. I get Web errors sometimes, but I really don't believe they're hardware related -- that's mobile computing for you. PB was and remains 'basic' in terms of up-to-the-second features and capabilities, and of course as time passes, it's basic-ness becomes more pronounced. I will replace it when the threshold of my tolerance for it gets too low, or I find I am no longer using it as much compared to my use of *this* handset and my MacBook. Simple really. No rancour. No bitterness, nor regret. I'm kinda matter-of-fact like that (sometimes! )

Posted by the inimitable Z10 handheld system
    11-17-13 05:25 AM
    2014 expectation: Some genius would come up with the light version of BB10 for the playbook and hopefully we can enjoy BB10 apps as well. Would be the best experience evar
    I think this will make sense,i mean does Bbry not make money from blackberry world? There already plenty of playbooks out there in the wild, why not continue to get some revenue from a better ecosystem for the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 06:15 AM
    As much I liked my playbook I think it is time to admit 2014 will be the end for the blackberry world and we will se no more apps entering the market.
    11-17-13 11:05 AM
    I must admit that being a new user I'm enjoying the experience and while it would be nice to have a newer android version for some apps but mostly games, I wouldn't say I had either a need or want for any tablet/phablet/whatever so it's a journey finding the maximum use I can get out of my PB's without them becoming too much of a distraction.

I find the turnover of playbooks on ebay quite fascinating so somebody still loves them.

My neighbour is a programmer but is having a mid life crisis so is too engrossed in his mountain biking to pay any attention.
    11-18-13 12:58 PM
    I'm going to keep it locked right here <3 in 2O14. I am inspired to create for & with it & make it look good.
    12-03-13 09:24 PM
    That Surface tablet is looking really nice each time I check out a review on it.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 09:30 PM
100 1234