Ladies and gentlemen,

today there are again: Top news about Apple and its sales! They are making tons of cash especially for the iPad for Christmas sales. They know when to bring out a good product!

So, loyal PlayBook user. How you feel about those news? Apple is bringing out new iPad every season. And we still at our first and last tablet.

What will 2014 will be for you? Are you buying a new tablet? Which brand will it be? Can you hold it to 2014 or are you switching and why?

I love my Q10 and PlayBook Combo. But hey. It came out 2011. And 2014 will be different with its tech standard in the world.

We will see...
    10-29-13 04:43 AM
    A Microsoft Surface Pro 2
    10-29-13 05:47 AM
    The z10 was out of the blue, just like that maybe the PlayBook may come out of the blue

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 05:52 AM
    My PBs are still serving me fine and with me daily, including our PBs at work, so no need to be shopping right now. I'm more interested in performance than specs. "Good" specs don't always equate to good performance. When the time comes, then I'll see whats available.
    10-29-13 04:03 PM
    "Keep calm and carry on".... with the Playbook into 2014.
    10-29-13 04:23 PM
    I won't be making any changes in 2014.
    10-29-13 07:27 PM
    Well two thoughts.

I still use my playbook daily, no plans to replace.

I know have a Z30! No need to replace.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    10-29-13 07:41 PM
    i'm gonna get an abacus...
    10-29-13 07:44 PM
    I use my PB everyday at home and work. PB does what I need and it still works great!
    rotorwrench and Carl Estes like this.
    10-29-13 08:38 PM
    My playbook will be.... still a playbook come 2014

Z10 10.2.0.1767
    dpaulbelcher likes this.
    10-29-13 08:43 PM
    Well, I love my playbook, however due to me never being able to use it with my computer, none or the suggestions on here not working, and Blackberrys blatant unwillingness/inability to help. I see a future with another company, and perhaps the answer as to why they are failing as a company. This is my second playbook ans I cannot remember how many phones I have had with them, but after this, a brighter future becons with another company. Never thought i would feel that way however, their attitude has led to mine.
    califlefty and mpetrol like this.
    10-29-13 08:55 PM
    Tried my best to keep playbooking. In the end i got constant network errors, mostly but not allways .com sites. Had to tap "try again" up to six times. Tried all the usual tricks.

Now i have ipad mini. Everything just works. File management is wierd but.... It works.
    10-30-13 04:51 AM
    Tried my best to keep playbooking. In the end i got constant network errors, mostly but not allways .com sites. Had to tap "try again" up to six times. Tried all the usual tricks.

Now i have ipad mini. Everything just works. File management is wierd but.... It works.
    Sorry to hear about your problem. Are you running any Google Android applications?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-30-13 05:34 AM

i'm gonna get an abacus...
    That's underspec'd for 2013. You may say that specs don't matter when the hardware (wire and beads) is so good, but really it's something that you need to consider with a purchase of that value...
    Anovascular and scrapmetal58 like this.
    10-30-13 05:54 AM
    Tired of banging my head against the wall. NO MORE Blackberry!
    10-30-13 05:58 AM
    there's nothing in 2014 for a Blackberry tablet
    10-30-13 06:57 AM
    Still use mine daily, still works fine for the most part, but it is starting to misbehave a bit. I will stick with the PlayBook for as long as it is tolerable, then look at a non-Apple 7 in tablet when it becomes intolerable.

I do think that, even if BB came out with a new model - a very doubtful prospect to be sure - it would not be on my short list.
    10-30-13 07:03 AM
    Sorry to hear about your problem. Are you running any Google Android applications?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Some of "the usual tricks" include a complete wipe, followed by a debrick, followed by loading leaked 1753. No fix in any. It all started when USA shut down for Congress parlour games.
    10-30-13 11:34 AM
    I feel like Apples knows how to sell products at an extortionate prices. Sure they seem to be high quality products like Blackberry also make but they charge the earth for them and people will swallow it and pay. Apple will eventually fade though and we are already seeing that as their profits start to shrink, I can't get excited about Apple wheeling out a tablet that is a few mm thinner than the last one.
    10-30-13 11:34 AM
    I drive my Ford Edsel daily! It gets me to the store and back, although sometimes I have to wait for the engine to cool off, but that gives me time to read. No, it doesn't have power steering so by the end of the day my arms hurt from wrestling the steering wheel....but it turns! Stopping? Sure it stops, I can tell the brakes are working by the screeching sound. It has a radio all the AM stations are heard clearly. I am a little angry at Ford because they said if I buy their Edsel I can get a free upgraded radio for free "sometime in the future" that has something called FM. So I went for it. Now, they are letting CHEVY OWNERS get the upgrade but told me I will never get it...their customer!!!! I guess next year I'll get a Chevy, I've got my eye on their new NOVA model.
    10-30-13 12:16 PM
    I feel like Apples knows how to sell products at an extortionate prices. Sure they seem to be high quality products like Blackberry also make but they charge the earth for them and people will swallow it and pay. Apple will eventually fade though and we are already seeing that as their profits start to shrink, I can't get excited about Apple wheeling out a tablet that is a few mm thinner than the last one.
    Two points, first, hold a playbook in one hand and an apple mini in the other for ten minutes and appreciate the 100 gram weight difference ( don't even need to turn them on) Second �249 was what i paid for my playbook and my apple mini.
    Where I agree is that their vision of laptops is not mine so I got my non retina macbook with a proper replaceable spinny thing and a dvd drive as soon as they announced the thin SSD non upgradeable non DVD version.
    Last edited by jarviser; 10-31-13 at 04:51 AM.
    10-31-13 04:20 AM
    I think I'll be getting a new tablet just don't know what. My PlayBook has served me well enough but it's now time to move on.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    10-31-13 06:36 AM
    I think I'll be getting a new tablet just don't know what. My PlayBook has served me well enough but it's now time to move on.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    Trade UP to ipad mini or DOWN to Android. Money or security risk will decide. I paid more for better and safer.

The only thing I miss having traded UP is being able to drag and drop files between laptop and ipad. And flash because my stoopid bank still has flash based website, but there's an app for that. One thing Playbook never had - mainstream apps.
    10-31-13 06:57 AM
    Honestly, I don't even use my tablet anymore now that I have my awesome new Z30.

Sent from my kick *** Z30
    10-31-13 07:02 AM

That's underspec'd for 2013. You may say that specs don't matter when the hardware (wire and beads) is so good, but really it's something that you need to consider with a purchase of that value...
    Oh, there will be successive upgrades - different coloured beads at first (for a higher price if it's an Apple abbacus), then a higher stand...etc, etc.
    Barljo and Carl Estes like this.
    10-31-13 12:35 PM
100 123 ...