Ladies and gentlemen,

today there are again: Top news about Apple and its sales! They are making tons of cash especially for the iPad for Christmas sales. They know when to bring out a good product!

So, loyal PlayBook user. How you feel about those news? Apple is bringing out new iPad every season. And we still at our first and last tablet.

What will 2014 will be for you? Are you buying a new tablet? Which brand will it be? Can you hold it to 2014 or are you switching and why?

I love my Q10 and PlayBook Combo. But hey. It came out 2011. And 2014 will be different with its tech standard in the world.

We will see...
    I will not be buying a new tablet, because the Playbook still does what I need it to do. I simply use it when I'm lying in bed, I surf around on the net, and eventually (most of the time) fall asleep with it by my side. I don't need anything more than what I already have.
    12-03-13 09:44 PM
    I wish they bring bb10 tablet in 2014 otherwise I am moving to Surface tablet

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 09:45 PM
    I use my Playbook every day. In fact I am using it right now.

It's a shame about the complete lack of marketing this thing received. The bluetooth sharing of the Internet connection with a BlackBerry phone, without resorting to the battery-killing Wifi hotspot feature of my phone, or even needing the Wifi hotspot feature at all (and thus avoiding any any extra carrier fees), is the greatest tablet feature in the history of the form factor, and I am not exaggerating. When I explain to people why I still have a BlackBerry phone (because I own this tablet, which in turn uses this wonderful feature but obligates you to carry a BB phone, which is the major reason I have stuck with BB), they are amazed, and readily acknowledge what a tremendously attractive feature it is. To my knowledge, no other tablet on the market - still - does this when paired with any other phone FOR FREE. I will be a BB user on both phone and tablet until this thing dies, and then I will sorely miss it.
    12-04-13 12:24 AM
    I will not be buying a new tablet, because the Playbook still does what I need it to do. I simply use it when I'm lying in bed, I surf around on the net, and eventually (most of the time) fall asleep with it by my side. I don't need anything more than what I already have.
    Yes watching the checkerboard is sleep inducing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    dannykavs likes this.
    12-04-13 12:30 AM
    Purchased a Surface RT during Black Friday for $200 at the Microsoft Store. Haven�t turned my playbook on since. I have plans to turn it into a picture frame now.
    kennyiceberry likes this.
    12-04-13 08:27 AM
    Trade UP to ipad mini or DOWN to Android. Money or security risk will decide. I paid more for better and safer.

The only thing I miss having traded UP is being able to drag and drop files between laptop and ipad. And flash because my stoopid bank still has flash based website, but there's an app for that. One thing Playbook never had - mainstream apps.
    Or trade way up and get a fully functional windows 8 pro tablet that runs all windows 8 compatible desktop apps...also, for security, you can set vpns, have very elaborate virus protection......just a thought.
    12-04-13 04:17 PM
    Yes it is but make sure you can live with its limited apps. Of course if you have a PB, it goes without saying that you can.
    12-04-13 04:25 PM
    There is no tablet product that interests me, my playbook works....one of the 4 I own took a crap (a 12 year old using it) and not sure whats wrong with it, but the bridge is a unchallenged feature so if they all take a crap I'll be chasing down a second hand Playbook until something adequate comes out I guess. Or I won't, the most I've learned is that the tablet is not all that I thought it would be.
    12-04-13 04:49 PM
    I use my Playbook every day. In fact I am using it right now.

It's a shame about the complete lack of marketing this thing received. The bluetooth sharing of the Internet connection with a BlackBerry phone, without resorting to the battery-killing Wifi hotspot feature of my phone, or even needing the Wifi hotspot feature at all (and thus avoiding any any extra carrier fees), is the greatest tablet feature in the history of the form factor, and I am not exaggerating. When I explain to people why I still have a BlackBerry phone (because I own this tablet, which in turn uses this wonderful feature but obligates you to carry a BB phone, which is the major reason I have stuck with BB), they are amazed, and readily acknowledge what a tremendously attractive feature it is. To my knowledge, no other tablet on the market - still - does this when paired with any other phone FOR FREE. I will be a BB user on both phone and tablet until this thing dies, and then I will sorely miss it.
    My Sony Xperia Z does this. But since my data plan is limited to 200 megs a month I use it very sparingly.
    12-12-13 11:43 PM
    My playbook is a rock and great tablet, using everyday. For 2014 I will continue to use until it die. If there is not more playbook in the future, my next tablet will be a Nexus 7. I will hold until check the the specifications for the Nexus 7 2014.
    12-13-13 04:38 AM
    As a loyal PlayBook user, I stopped thinking months ago...
    (sorry, couldn't resist)
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-13-13 05:11 AM
    Well, my Dell Venue 8 Pro arrived this week. I find it confusing (never used Win8 but use Win 7 on other computers). The UI isn't as obvious as PlayBook OS or iOS or Android. Absolutely hate the keyboard. Will play with it over the holidays to see if it grows on me.

Wonder if Foxconn can build a new PlayBook that will run bb10 . I would be all over that.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 11:39 AM
    Foxconn can build anything but can Blackberry hold up their end? Maybe under the new management.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    12-21-13 08:03 PM
    I like the Nexus 7 2013. Google's voice recognition is getting very very nifty. I am dictating this post with minimal effort and I don't have to make a single correction to it. The screen is also outstanding and the form factor is similar to the playbook. It is much lighter of course.
    12-22-13 03:14 AM
    I will keep my Playbook until it dies, it does exactly what I need it to.
    I tried the Nexus and a Samsung tablet, and went back to the Playbook, there is just something about it that I like so much.
    I would really like for an update on it or a new BB10 Tablet next year.
    12-22-13 08:40 PM
    Love my PlayBook buy I have to admit, since getting the Z30 I rarely use it. If I were to get a tablet in 2014 and there were no BB10 tablet it would be either the Surface 2 or a Galaxy Tab. More so the Surface.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:22 PM
    I had the playbook for a period of 3 going on 4 years. As of today with a new update (march 31, 2014) my mouse and keyboard for the playbook are working flawlessly. Flash works great too like on ebay.com, walmart.com and now facebook ( gotta have facebook working Rim) . I dont have a pc anymore nor do I plan on getting one anytime soon (I really hate the problems those pc's give me!! Other then using linux on it on my old pc) I really love this dependable tablet. no pc for 3 years now. I only miss World of Warcraft on pc. Theres lots of abuse on my tablet. Hdmi and usb port is basically scraped from falling on the parking lot at my job many times. This thing wont give up, a true marvel for something i use alot daily for typing up docs and editing pics from picshop to setting up a party with pacemaker via blutooth stereo. Everything is smooth and fast unlike some other tabs out there from what I experienced. If playbook never gets a problem with internet support then I will always buy one to replaced my existing one. I miss hooking it up to my TV and using it as a monitor (theres a way to connect via DLNA, but my tv is a Quattron and not many DLNA things work on it : /) Thanks for the UPdate RIM =)

I might buy another playbook since they really work! and are tougher then the other cheap plastic stuff out there that have a confusing interface unlike my playbook which is easier to use. Everything responses flawless fingers/zebra pen/mouse/keyboard combination. Btw Loving the new update =D

Sent from my BlackBerry� PlayBook�
    Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com
    04-01-14 01:58 AM
    The update yesterday was a success by reports in, a lot faster OS and Browser! Good work!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    04-01-14 03:13 AM
    Just curious ... What mouse / keyboard combination do you use? Thanks!
    04-01-14 04:40 PM
    I have had blackberry from the 8310 ,8520, 9860, 9900 up to my present Z10 along with my playbook and all through this I have devoutly defended blackberry over their products but looking back I now see how stupid I was in defending a company which in private leave me speechless with their stupidity at marketing, product placement and inability to read market trends and customer feedback.
    The Z10 is an amazing phone but it's two years out of date! Imagine if that had come out instead of the 9860! But as always blackberry were asleep to what's happening in the real world.
    When it comes to the playbook the list of mistakes are well listed and the product will be forever the brick that was thrown through blackberrys arrogant Window.
    The loyalty of blackberry owners is second to none but sadly undeserved by a company who will eventually go to the wall through their own incompetence.
    04-18-14 11:34 PM
    Still use my Playbook daily, although have today ordered a Nexus 7 as I needed a tablet with a bit more power, memory, screen resolution and more importantly support and new apps. Such a shame Blackberry decided to not release a new tablet as I would have seriously considered buying it. I suspect that the Nexus 7 will be my first step to leaving the Blackberry ecosystem as once I start buying Android apps, an Android phone is the next logical step.
    04-21-14 03:03 PM
    I suspect that the Nexus 7 will be my first step to leaving the Blackberry ecosystem as once I start buying Android apps, an Android phone is the next logical step.
    Well that's their own fault !
    04-21-14 06:25 PM
    Screw BlackBerry and their tablets. They said that they cannot financially justify it, but obviously, they did not factor in lost of trust in future products.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 06:32 PM
    Screw BlackBerry and their tablets. They said that they cannot financially justify it, but obviously, they did not factor in lost of trust in future products.

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry can claim three new smartphones will be coming by year end, they certainly could deliver a new BlackBerry tablet if they really wanted. The new management still fails to value its loyal albeit dwindling user base. I would be content with fully functional BlackBerry Bridge and the libraries to support BlackBerry OS 10; no need for the resource hungry BlackBerry Hub on a tablet.
    Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    04-21-14 09:42 PM
    Still use mine every day does what I want for now BB need to open open android so can get all the apps then would be brilliant
    04-22-14 02:23 AM
100 ... 234