14 days ago, I went to my local Bestbuy and purchased a blackberry for $249 CA, 32gb. I had a clear goal in mind, I would buy, try it, and return it, so that I can rethink my options. (Just a note that I had previously purchased a transformer, galaxy tab, iPad2 as well, and returned them all.)

I went into Bestbuy yesterday with the Playbook back in the box, as if it wasn't even opened, receipt in hand, and lined up at the customer service line. As the line got shorter, the second thoughts about returning the PB became more intense and more and more frequent.

I got the model I wanted for the price that might not be coming back. There are so many promises shown at CES and although RIM's credibility for following through is laughable at best now, the thought of missing out on OS2 and all the new functions was starting to really resonate.

When it was my turn, I looked at the customer service rep, and just turned away. I got back in my car, and went home. Turn on my PB, restore my apps, and that is that folks.

<3
    maccauk, hpjrt, Thachoc1 and 8 others like this.
    01-11-12 10:57 AM
    Probably a good choice, the PB is so affordable right now that its hard to argue against its value--especially after the software upgrade. There are *new* tablets announced in 2012 that still have equal or lesser hardware specs than the PB--but yet are priced much higher. As far as I know, no one else is selling a 32GB tablet for $249 or a 64GB tablet for $299. At those prices you're getting only 4GB to 16GB max on competing devices.

It sounds like you've returned a lot to Best Buy. Keep in mind they are keeping track and may deny a future return.
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    01-11-12 11:29 AM
    Cool story bro.

As for the post above...just one comment...
    It sounds like you've returned a lot to Best Buy. Keep in mind they are keeping track and may deny a future return.
    Doesn't matter. If you are not satisfied with the product you can return it without questions asked. This is pretty normal. They simply resell it.
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    01-11-12 11:59 AM
    you made the right choice, the playbook is an amazing tablet with an amazing price tag.
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    01-11-12 12:04 PM
    I think you were possessed by your playbook

"demons... OUT!"
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    01-11-12 12:08 PM
    It takes some little effort but you can get around that by flat out refusing to give out any personal information at check-out or return, and paying cash. I actually got near to a yelling match once about that whole "need your phone number and name or we can't return it" bullying crap. I won.
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    01-11-12 12:10 PM
    It takes some little effort but you can get around that by flat out refusing to give out any personal information at check-out or return, and paying cash. I actually got near to a yelling match once about that whole "need your phone number and name or we can't return it" bullying crap. I won.
    Agreed. Purchasing with with cash and refusing to give my phone is definitely what I've been doing since day 1. It irks me that every time I buy things now, they always ask for information, and when I say "No, that's okay," I always get a deer in the headlights stare back from cashiers.

@American Eagle
    Cashier: "What, you don't have an email?"
    Me: "No, I have one, I'm checking it right now on my phone, but I just don't want to give my email to your company's database, so they can spam me and clutter my inbox."
    Cashier: "oh... so you don't want the latest deals and offer--"
    Me: "No, I don't, but thanks."

01-11-12 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD