I frequent the threads here a lot and consistently see people upset over their purchases for lack of simple apps or elements. I know the PB is not perfect, but it is a damn good device. Since my purchase, communication and presentation with my clients have become so much easier. I came from an Archos 9 with win 7 and while its nice and gets the job done, it falls short of what the PB is for my company.

I run a small video production company in Atlanta and to be able to showcase my videos in a 16x9 resolution trumps the iPad as the black bars are an indirect distraction for my clients I believe. During presentations, I can easily send them links to our work and while we are in production, I can easily upload photos to our or the clients FB pages. While on the go, during down time, invoices or emails are sent, which is not as convenient on the phone. All while listening to slacker....:-). So imo, so what Netflix and Skype aren't available. This device is more of a workhorse and those aren't really necessary for work are they? (OK maybe Skype) And the deal with email, are people mad because a promise was broken or is bridge not good enough? I don't get all the complaining, so this was my two cents, just to see some positive feedback here. That's all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 04:59 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    very nice ... Its great for Business ... I use it every day!
    10-24-11 06:41 PM
    And it will only get better. Enjoy!
    10-24-11 06:46 PM
    Love mine too. Small, fast, multitasking, long battery life, wifi file sharing, the basics are covered.
    10-27-11 03:25 AM
    Ditto x100.
    BTW do you have a way of transferring your videos or photos from cam to PB in the field without a laptop or wifi that nobody yet has been able to figure out?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-27-11 at 03:50 AM.
    10-27-11 03:43 AM
    Ditto x100.
    BTW do you have a way of transferring your videos or photos from cam to PB in the field without a laptop or wifi that nobody yet has been able to figure out?
    You may want to register in the "beta zone", fill out the survey and ask for the feature (SD card reader). You can also request that the playbook be able to read from the eye-fi sd cards (a card that transmit its files over wi-fi) and that it be able to read another computer's files (smb://). It would allow us to use this : Eye-Fi card (You may want to ask these folks if they have a ready solution for the playbook...)
    10-27-11 04:18 AM
    i frequent the threads here a lot and consistently see people upset over their purchases for lack of simple apps or elements. I know the pb is not perfect, but it is a damn good device. Since my purchase, communication and presentation with my clients have become so much easier. I came from an archos 9 with win 7 and while its nice and gets the job done, it falls short of what the pb is for my company.

I run a small video production company in atlanta and to be able to showcase my videos in a 16x9 resolution trumps the ipad as the black bars are an indirect distraction for my clients i believe. During presentations, i can easily send them links to our work and while we are in production, i can easily upload photos to our or the clients fb pages. While on the go, during down time, invoices or emails are sent, which is not as convenient on the phone. All while listening to slacker....:-). So imo, so what netflix and skype aren't available. This device is more of a workhorse and those aren't really necessary for work are they? (ok maybe skype) and the deal with email, are people mad because a promise was broken or is bridge not good enough? I don't get all the complaining, so this was my two cents, just to see some positive feedback here. That's all.

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have to disagree! I run a small construction firm and need to view and edit general documents everyday. I thought the PB would be the answer I needed, it wasnt, or isnt at the moment! The overall document viewing and editing facilities are very limited and need to be addressed very quickly for me not to go back to my laptop. You are right, it is an excellent piece of hardware, but sadly, it is not being pushed by the software. Surely these basics can be dealt with now and not in February!!!!???
    10-27-11 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD