01-12-12 07:49 PM
59 123
tools
    LOL... that does sound a bit convoluted, but downloading and deleting apps is a quick process.
    It might be quick and easy, but it sounds annoying to download something or search through all those icons between each site you visit...
    01-10-12 07:22 PM
    It might be quick and easy, but it sounds annoying to download something or search through all those icons between each site you visit...
    LOL... hey... I tried...
    01-10-12 07:28 PM
    lol This is a great story. The playbook really does have superior web browsing. I like how Apple users keep up with the 'flash will be gone soon' and 'its better we dont have flash, at least we dont see ads' gimmick.
    01-10-12 10:00 PM
    +1 on Flash vids

And for anyone who has NOT read this I think this is hogwash --> Apple's stance on Flash
    That is the most unprofessional piece of writing I have ever seen. It literally makes me cringe. Who does this guy really think he is? I swear he's nuts.. what a cocky son of a mother
    01-10-12 10:08 PM
    lol This is a great story. The playbook really does have superior web browsing. I like how Apple users keep up with the 'flash will be gone soon' and 'its better we dont have flash, at least we dont see ads' gimmick.
    Exactly. javascript has been around for how long now? How about ASP? Massive web technologies like Flash don't just go "whoops, HTML 5 is gearing up, let's just vanish off the face of 50 trillion websites overnight!" *BAMF*
    Claims like that are definitely MENSA material. Regardless, by the time Flash does fade to insignificance this current Gen of tablets will be ancient history so it's a stupid argument for Apple users to make on multiple fronts.
    01-11-12 11:53 AM
    Stuff like Dropbox and Evernote just work better with a dedicated, integrated app, IMHO.
    Evernote is on the Playbook in a native app, Dropbox works on the web browser, but there are lots of other equivalent free cloud storage solutions.
    01-12-12 05:51 PM
    That is the funniest thing I have read. Can you imagine having an app for every single website you browse!!!!
    So what do they use to surf the web? Safari or AppStore?

Believe me, I understand how an app can be an enhancement to a website, but wouldn't want to rely on only apps.
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 01-12-12 at 06:17 PM.
    01-12-12 06:15 PM
    Evernote is on the Playbook in a native app, Dropbox works on the web browser, but there are lots of other equivalent free cloud storage solutions.
    I doubt there are many people who have used Drobox via browser that would prefer it to the built-in app. There are several scenarios that I can point to. In fact, I would be so forward to state that Dropbox via the mobile site is not advantageous in any way.

I wouldn't even use it if it did not have native functionality with the Android system that it has.
    01-12-12 06:38 PM
    To be fair, what the iOS devices lack in flash, is more than made up for in APPS and a new hoard of HTML5 websites that are either presently here or on the horizon. I love flash, and flash sites, but you have to admit that when Adobe calls it quits on mobile flash, there's not much left to keep it a float.

If you want to know how it feels to live without flash, you should take plunge and live it for a while. Trying it out is useless, living with it will give you a better perspective of how people can say they don't need flash, or they're "use to no flash."

And before you flame me back, I'm not an a fanboy, currently I'm taking the blackberry plunge and seeing how it goes.

BB9790
    Playbook
    xD

So far, I miss the functionality of apps, and creativity of the iOS apps, because it doesn't require me to navigate websites that were made for full sized browser, with mouse & keyboard navigation.

I miss,
    -Zite
    -Distro (engadget magazine for iOS)
    -Flipboard
    -Pulse
    -Quick Sale
    -Netflix
    etc...

Apps will come with time, it took a while for really great apps to be developed for the iOS. So all I can do is wait patiently xD
    its nice to see you try out what blackberries have to offer . but your defence on no flash , to me as a designer is not very good . the reason im saying this is because you can have everything , and do everything , but not alot of people are willing to put the effort to learn action scripting and flash in general , the way you can intergrate and interact w/ your customers is why flash is alot of love , alot of people just don't like having to take more seminars or workshops just to upgrade , but then again , whatever floats their boat .
    01-12-12 07:49 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD