My microHDMI order arrived from monoprice today and hooked my 64GB to my 46" Samsung D630 series.

I only have two 720p videos, both Trailers (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol & Crazy Stupid Love) but overall I'm impressed.

It cost me $10 shipped, my sister is jealous because this is what she wants (doesn't have a PVR or Blu-ray Disc Player) and hates that it will cost her $50 for an HDMI & Adapter for her iPad 2.

It's 15 feet so I don't have to get up but I would love if RIM gave us Video Playlist or even re-designing the Charging Dock by putting an HDMI out at the back.
    08-04-11 01:35 PM
    The micro HDMI is my favorite feature/accessory. Unfortunately I spent $30 dollars on the cable at an electronics store and then lost it. Put into Presentation Mode for a real good experience. I would watch movies on my monitor and still be able to browse with the Playbook.
    bembol likes this.
    08-04-11 01:44 PM
    My microHDMI order arrived from monoprice today and hooked my 64GB to my 46" Samsung D630 series.

I only have two 720p videos, both Trailers (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol & Crazy Stupid Love) but overall I'm impressed.

It cost me $10 shipped, my sister is jealous because this is what she wants (doesn't have a PVR or Blu-ray Disc Player) and hates that it will cost her $50 for an HDMI & Adapter for her iPad 2.

It's 15 feet so I don't have to get up but I would love if RIM gave us Video Playlist or even re-designing the Charging Dock by putting an HDMI out at the back.
    Sweet! Do you have a link for the one you bought?
    08-04-11 01:50 PM
    For only $6.75 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 15ft 34AWG Standard Speed w/ Ethernet Micro-HDMI (Type D) to HDMI (Type A) Adapter Cable w/Ferrite Core - Black | Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cables

There's a cheaper 15', $0.15 less. I don't know what FERRITE CORE is/does but I figured it's a good thing and it's only $0.15! LOL

The micro HDMI is my favorite feature/accessory. Unfortunately I spent $30 dollars on the cable at an electronics store and then lost it. Put into Presentation Mode for a real good experience. I would watch movies on my monitor and still be able to browse with the Playbook.
    Thanks, I just did. Much better. I'm still playing around with the settings, both PlayBook & Samsung.
    caboose01, Murison1 and ajaygee like this.
    08-04-11 02:01 PM

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Monoprice is the bomb when it comes to cables and accessories. They have a pretty nice screen protector for the PB too. Both in clear and matte finish.

Presentation mode on the PB is awesome too. I love it for powerpoints as well as video like one of the commenters mentioned.

I'm loving my Playbook and the growing number of apps is encouraging! (C'mon Citrix Receiver!!!!)
    ajaygee likes this.
    08-04-11 02:13 PM
    I also use the HDMI out frequently! Its a great feature and bring great value to the playbook. I'm going to Brazil in a few weeks and the hotel I'm staying at should have HDMI input on the tv, so I'll be loading my playbook with some movies.
    pelletizer likes this.
    08-04-11 02:33 PM
    When I first hooked it up I wasn't expecting much, but, wow was I shocked, totally impressed by it, just awesome.
    08-04-11 02:58 PM
    Does anyone know of an online movie rental store where I can rent movies from? I'd use the HDMI output a lot more if I could rent movies!
    08-04-11 03:04 PM
    Thanks for the link! I'm going to purchase one now.
    08-04-11 03:12 PM
    Does anyone know of an online movie rental store where I can rent movies from? I'd use the HDMI output a lot more if I could rent movies!
    search the forums for "mp4" and its a thread started by ether, u have all the movies you could imagine right there

i bought one from monoprice two days ago and it came to 12.30 with shipping (same cord as you) how long did it take for yours to ship? im in ontario and got the 7-14 dqy shipping
    08-04-11 03:39 PM
    Thanks for the link! I'm going to purchase one now.
    Me too! Thanks
    08-04-11 03:44 PM
    Does anyone know if the HDMI socket is two way?

In other words, can I plug my Canon 7d into the HDMI via a cable and see my photo's?

Thanks
    08-04-11 03:49 PM
    I ordered two from monoprice. A shorter one for a close tv so I would not trip and a longer one (15') to provide some ability to be elsewhere in the room. Still cheaper for both than BestBuy or other outfits for one cable. I should have ordered a standard to micro converter - just for when you don't have your cable and everyone else has a standard hdmi.
    08-04-11 04:07 PM
    It rocks on my big screen TV.

if anyone is interested they can buy the micro HDMI cable here

I got 2 each 10 feet in length for flexibility.
    08-04-11 06:32 PM
    Exact quote from my wife when we were watching a video through hdmi:

"Man, that playbook plays video way better than that android thing you had"
    batboris likes this.
    08-04-11 06:42 PM
    Exact quote from my wife when we were watching a video through hdmi:

"Man, that playbook plays video way better than that android thing you had"
    Wives can be so discerning as they cut to the chase!
    08-04-11 08:38 PM
    I think it's brilliant the way you can dedicate the HDMI monitor to your video or SlideshowToGo while your Playbook is free to flip through other screens It's amazing.
    08-04-11 09:58 PM
    I don't have any TV or monitor that support HDMI but I bought the microHDMI cable for my PB.
    Why?
    Since there is one LARGE (42" perhaps) in my office that I usually use at noon for playing NFS or watching YouTube 1080p clips
    And when traveling, I get used to ask the hotel rep whether they have 'new' TV with HDMI support or not And then I ask for WiFi..
    As I stated in one of my posts before, that cable is the best thing I ever bought! Even though I haven't use it so much. (Compared to other gadgets I ever had)
    08-05-11 12:48 PM
    Has anyone else noticed overscan on the hdmi out. I've hook it up to two different TV's and have seen the same overscan when using the mirror mode.
    08-05-11 01:08 PM
    I like to prop up the playbook and leave the video camera on facing the room people walk in and wtf im on tv in HD? lul
    Last edited by jwn66; 08-05-11 at 02:56 PM.
    togardergrosse likes this.
    08-05-11 02:52 PM
    I like to prop up the playbook and leave the video camera on facing the room people walk in and wtf im on tv in HD? lul
    Haha, nice idea!
    08-05-11 04:39 PM
    Got my hdmi cable oat amazon for $7.99 works like a charm.
    08-06-11 09:50 PM
    Great idea never thought of doing that. Would be fun to do lol.
    08-06-11 09:52 PM
    one of the unique features! dont use it much in my setup but when i use it it works perfectly . would love to see support in other 3rd party apps like SRT movie player but i guess thats not gna possible until the NDK is out.

oh and got my cable for 7$ with shipping to Malaysia . for sure cheaper than all these iCables and can be used with any micro hdmi device like cameras!
    08-06-11 10:09 PM
    OP, tell your sis to buy an Apple TV 2 (99 bucks)

then she rocks away the PB wirelessly, can play games dedicated on the big screen and rent/buy movies on Apple TV or stream any youtube etc...
    08-07-11 04:34 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD