Oh, I didnt notice that when I went and bought 4 of those for all the playbooks in our household. Thanks for pointing it out...hopefully its not too much trouble to charge with the case open.
    02-03-12 01:36 PM
    All I know is that I hope that they release the Official BB PlayBook Keyboard & Case ASAP!!! I want that case & KB to make my PB Experience complete with OS 2!!!
    02-03-12 01:42 PM
    I searched all of the BB/FS stores in my city and surrounding towns for the ICON Carbon Black case. BB was completely sold out, but I found one remaining in a FS store in nearby town. Turns out it was the last one in my area, and marked for clearance. I ended up paying $30 for it. I was hoping there'd be a clearance price on it, but nope! I really wanted this case, so I had no choice but to paid full price for it. I popped it on my new Playbook, and I love how well it fits.

WG
    02-10-12 09:42 PM
    Yeah I can't find this case at futureshop best buy anymore!
    02-11-12 12:04 AM
    annoyed, i wanted this case for $25 but thats only in the states. it is $37 here in canada on the amazon.ca site
    Plus another 7 bucks for shipping. I really want a Blurex case!
    02-11-12 06:00 AM
    Plus another 7 bucks for shipping. I really want a Blurex case!
    Brookstone.com has same leather convertible case as Blurex for $14.99 + tax and shipping, but use code "RETAILME20" for a 20% discount off entire order. I also bought the leather portfolio case for $19.99 to carry the PB and clip case inside when traveling on business, fits well and is very nice case with pockets and pen/stylus holder inside.
    02-11-12 07:29 AM
    Yeah I can't find this case at futureshop best buy anymore!
    Call both stores and have them look up WebID 10168327. That's what I did. BB was able to tell me there were some remaining in Calgary, and none in Edmonton and area. FS was able to tell me there was only one remaining in St. Albert. I called that store and told the CSR to put it on hold, and drove 30-40 min outta the way to get one. The case fits like a glove, and is definitely worth the price tag.

WG
    02-11-12 11:55 AM
    Those don't have an opening for the power and HDMI connectors.
    I ordered this one from eBay. It's red but has the openings so you can put the Playbook in it upside down if you want.
    I received the eBay case yesterday from Hong Kong.
    It looks like this, but not as shiny as it looks in the photo;

The name on it is Abound but it appears to be identical to the Blurex as far as I can tell.
    I like it. Doesn't add much bulk at all. Seems to be good quality construction and made from the finest of Chinese goat leather.
    With the red colour it's difficult to misplace.
    02-11-12 12:51 PM
    If anyone can give me a working link to buy this case either the original or a copy one from ebay I would really appreciate it. I need it for canada, I can't find it anywhere
    02-11-12 10:46 PM
    Ya, same here.. I'd order that red one, but the guy hasnt reposted his ad as of yet. Rather black or grey or something anyway.

I might give this one a try and and make two little slits like this "+" where there power would go... Do the same for the HDMI. MacGyver it up a little
    02-12-12 07:04 AM
    Ya, same here.. I'd order that red one, but the guy hasnt reposted his ad as of yet. Rather black or grey or something anyway.

I might give this one a try and and make two little slits like this "+" where there power would go... Do the same for the HDMI. MacGyver it up a little
    Me to the red one is fine cause I can paint it! Like you said though no go. It's funny I was thinking of doing the exact same thing just cut the bottom haha.. I'm going to go for it, Hey worst thing is loose $14 lol I will post pics if I do it
    Last edited by shn; 02-12-12 at 10:24 AM.
    02-12-12 10:21 AM
    LEATHER CASE COVER+STAND FOR BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK BLACK | eBay

This seems to look pretty close to the Carbon Click / Blurex / Whatever else case, for only $15. I haven't tried it since I have the actual Carbon Click case, but this looks close enough for a good price.

Edit: I just noticed that it doesn't seem to have the holes for charging/hdmi ports, which kind of sucks, but you could always buy 2, see if you can nicely cut one, and then live with the other ones after you ruin the first one
    Last edited by anton-k; 02-12-12 at 12:21 PM.
    02-12-12 12:17 PM

I ordered this one today
    02-12-12 12:25 PM
    Me to the red one is fine cause I can paint it! Like you said though no go. It's funny I was thinking of doing the exact same thing just cut the bottom haha.. I'm going to go for it, Hey worst thing is loose $14 lol I will post pics if I do it
    I ordered this one today
    I ordered 2 today! One for me and one for ze wife. Time to break out the x-acto knife! Side note, I'm using a "Pop Out" case by Case Mate currently and do like it a lot. If anyone is looking, Wireless Wave has them clearanced at $19.99 in Canada. Other places are $40 to $50.

BlackBerry PlayBook Pop! case by Case-Mate
    02-12-12 01:33 PM

This seems to look pretty close to the Carbon Click / Blurex / Whatever else case, for only $15. I haven't tried it since I have the actual Carbon Click case, but this looks close enough for a good price.

Edit: I just noticed that it doesn't seem to have the holes for charging/hdmi ports, which kind of sucks, but you could always buy 2, see if you can nicely cut one, and then live with the other ones after you ruin the first one
    Bought 2 cases that seems the same as yours from a different seller but for 3 dollars less, here is the link:
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    I think the holes for the charging/hdmi ports are there, I could be mistaken but definitely it looks like close copy to the Icon/Brookstone cases.
    02-13-12 07:37 AM
    Bought 2 cases that seems the same as yours from a different seller but for 3 dollars less, here is the link:
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    I think the holes for the charging/hdmi ports are there, I could be mistaken but definitely it looks like close copy to the Icon/Brookstone cases.
    According to the pictures shown in the auction, this one has the openings for all ports, buttons, camera etc. like the Blurex, Carbon Click, Brookstone, whatever cases and would not require any modifications like the other eBay case from Hong Kong shown above, although it is impossible to tell if it is of the same quality as the Blurex/Carbon Click/Brookstone/Etc, but for $15 shipped...
    02-13-12 10:35 AM
    The one I purchased does now as well, he changed the pics in the auction after I bought.. So who knows what you will get. Wait and see!

This is the one I bought and originally it did not have the cutout

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=k4Z8dAIZ
    Last edited by Nethervue; 02-13-12 at 10:40 AM.
    02-13-12 10:38 AM

So this is the one I got and it came the other day. Good news, it has all the spaces cut out for charging, the case is absolutely the best I have ever used! I don't think I have taken to playbook out of it since getting it.

The bad news... Lol I didn't notice the pictures other than the main one below and somehow skipped past them so yeah its that disgusting shiny crocodile skin black. I thought I was getting the leather looking one. It was hideous. Fortunately I repair leather and vinyl for a living so covered the thing in adhesive, painted it and it looks at least better now.
    Last edited by shn; 02-29-12 at 11:05 PM.
    02-29-12 11:00 PM
    Wow, I thought I'd finally found the perfect case, only to realize Icon doesn't make it anymore. But no problem, Blurex makes them!... No, not anymore either.
    Oh but wait, Brookstone.com has one that's exactly the same! Finally! So I call them to place an order, since I'm in Canada. It turns out that the 15$ case, with UPS shipping and brokerage fees, will cost 60$ !!! (And I don't know how much more for customs.)

At this point, I'm starting to think there is an international conspiracy against my getting this case.

Anyways, I finally found this one on amazon.ca, made by casebazaar : Black Leather Portfolio Case With Multi-angle Stand Black for Blackberry Playbook Black: Amazon.ca: Electronics

There are no reviews and the pictures don't reveal much, but I ordered it anyway, hoping it's the same as the icon/blurex, and hoping it's good quality.
    Has anyone ever bought this one ?...

In any case, this type of clip case seems just perfect, and offers exactly the features that I want:
    • It makes the tablet less conspicuous when I carry it in my hand or when I take it out in public transports

• I can pretty much always leave the tablet in, so as to offer some protection in case I drop it

• It shuts close, so it doesn't open if it falls or if it is loose in a bag

• All ports and the camera are available even if the case is closed

• It can double as a stand and allows the tablet to be plugged at the same time

• It doesn't obstruct the area around the screen

I just hope it's the real deal.

Finally, I thought it could interest someone here still looking for a clip case. I'll come back to review when I receive it.
    Last edited by angkorbeer; 09-18-12 at 07:04 PM.
    09-18-12 06:59 PM
    I have a feeling that it may be a very similar case to this one which I purchased. The exterior on the one I got is "carbon fiber."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bUvbUpU7627497
    09-18-12 08:22 PM
    I have a feeling that it may be a very similar case to this one which I purchased. The exterior on the one I got is "carbon fiber."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bUvbUpU7627525
    I thought of cancelling my order when I saw that yours was only 11$. It turns out that, after shipping fees are included, having it sent here would cost exactly as much as the one I ordered.
    09-18-12 08:36 PM
    I remembered I got it "cheaply" since I already had an Otterbox but thought something less bulky might be nice. But it is NOT leather which accounts for the price difference.
    09-18-12 10:00 PM
    I remembered I got it "cheaply" since I already had an Otterbox but thought something less bulky might be nice. But it is NOT leather which accounts for the price difference.
    I'd be surprised if the one I ordered is genuine leather.

It's funny, this clip case. It seems to have a life of its own. First a company sells it, then drops it. Another one picks it up, then drops it too. Then another one... Yet it keeps popping up, but furtively so you have to hunt for it.
    09-18-12 10:17 PM
    I also noticed a whole series of similarly designed cases over the last year or so. I would have expected the design to be protected but as you note, it just reappears.
    09-19-12 12:34 AM
    I found the same style case on eBay for $16 shipped from China.
    It's red and made of genuine Chinese goat vinyl.

I've had it for a few months and it's still holding up well. Haven't seen them on eBay since though.
    09-19-12 04:35 AM
231 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD