404 error when trying to access that link. Is there another page where this item can be seen? Thanks.
    Here is a link to an image:

i-CON by ASD BlackBerry PlayBook Carbon Click Book (ASD322) : Tablet Cases & Skins - Future Shop

but it is currently out of stock.

The Blurex case referenced in an earlier post appears to identical except it is wrapped in leather instead of carbon fibre.

http://www.amazon.com/Blurex-Leather...bUvbUpU7036539
    Last edited by asherwiin; 01-16-12 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Updated info
    01-16-12 02:52 PM
    ^ don't bother trying to find one at FS or BB Canada. They don't have them, at the moment anyway.
    01-16-12 02:58 PM
    Wow - that one looks idential to the Icon case - which I have also had from day one last June and absolutely love it!
    01-16-12 05:26 PM
    BlackBerry PlayBook Clip Case Brookstone $14.99

Click to view quoted image

This case is similar to the Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case at amazon.com that is currently out of stock.]
    I was just on the amazon site and they show the Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case
    in stock. I hope there right because they confirmed my order yesterday..
    01-16-12 05:34 PM
    Wow - that one looks idential to the Icon case - which I have also had from day one last June and absolutely love it!
    Yeah, Acase and Blurex also make an identical case to this one. I too have had my PB in this case since the day I received it. Had it in the OEM convertible case at first, but quickly changed to this one so I could charge and have full access to all ports, buttons etc with the case open or closed. The clips or claws hold the PB quite nicely and do not get in the way while keeping a very classy look with the real leather covering. $14.99 is a real steal for this case especially with no taxes.
    01-16-12 05:42 PM
    ive been tryin to find the i-con by asd carbon click book for 3 months now but its been sold out and there dont seem to be any restocks happening anytime soon.....where the can i find this case???

can you guus link to these other cases you mention that are similar to the i-con? thanx
    01-16-12 06:46 PM
    I've been trying to find the iCON case for the last week. It seems like its sold out everywhere in Canada.

I tried to buy the Blurex case the the one from Brookstone but they don't ship to Canada.

I hope they start restocking them soon. I need a case for my second Playbook I just got.
    01-16-12 07:53 PM
    anyone know if that brookstone case is availabe in canada? if you ordered it, how long did delivery take?
    01-17-12 01:23 AM
    ive been tryin to find the i-con by asd carbon click book for 3 months now but its been sold out and there dont seem to be any restocks happening anytime soon.....where the can i find this case???

can you guus link to these other cases you mention that are similar to the i-con? thanx
    scroll up a few posts, the links are there.
    01-17-12 06:28 AM
    Yeah, Acase and Blurex also make an identical case to this one. I too have had my PB in this case since the day I received it. Had it in the OEM convertible case at first, but quickly changed to this one so I could charge and have full access to all ports, buttons etc with the case open or closed. The clips or claws hold the PB quite nicely and do not get in the way while keeping a very classy look with the real leather covering. $14.99 is a real steal for this case especially with no taxes.
    Do youthink they are made by the same manufacture and the sold to different vendors.
    The pictures of the Acase and the Blurex look identical, but the Blurex is 24.99.
    01-17-12 07:59 AM
    Do youthink they are made by the same manufacture and the sold to different vendors.
    The pictures of the Acase and the Blurex look identical, but the Blurex is 24.99.
    The Blurex was $14.99 with free shipping on Amazon when I bought it several months ago, but the prices seem to change frequently on these cases as with other items there. My Blurex case has the the lower-case letters or name "blurex" lightly embossed into the leather, very small (1/4" high by 1" long) in the lower right-hand corner of the more thickly padded front side of the cover that is barely noticeable without close inspection. Someone that I know the with the Acase has no logo, letters, name, etc embossed anywhere on their case. Blurex may be the only company that actually puts their name on the case, which may mean that they are the original or maybe just the most proud brand.

BTW, having had mine for several months now and using it every day since I received it, carrying it with me to work and back home daily, taking it on trips, taking it with me to meetings, dinner, bars, gold courses, etc and yes, even with me to bed at night, the stitching is still perfect and the leather has started to get a really nice patina look to it, like a nice, soft leather coat and feels great.

Oh yeah, my gf thinks I am a little obsessed with it, I think she is just jealous.
    01-17-12 09:31 AM
    The Blurex was $14.99 with free shipping on Amazon when I bought it several months ago, but the prices seem to change frequently on these cases as with other items there. My Blurex case has the the lower-case letters or name "blurex" lightly embossed into the leather, very small (1/4" high by 1" long) in the lower right-hand corner of the more thickly padded front side of the cover that is barely noticeable without close inspection. Someone that I know the with the Acase has no logo, letters, name, etc embossed anywhere on their case. Blurex may be the only company that actually puts their name on the case, which may mean that they are the original or maybe just the most proud brand.

BTW, having had mine for several months now and using it every day since I received it, carrying it with me to work and back home daily, taking it on trips, taking it with me to meetings, dinner, bars, gold courses, etc and yes, even with me to bed at night, the stitching is still perfect and the leather has started to get a really nice patina look to it, like a nice, soft leather coat and feels great.

Oh yeah, my gf thinks I am a little obsessed with it, I think she is just jealous.
    Cool...Thanks for the reply !!
    01-17-12 10:25 AM
    I bought the Brookstone case for 14.99 and am extremely impressed. It's a steal at that price. My wife had to spend $50 on her iPad 2 case and it's not nearly as nice.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    01-17-12 04:04 PM
    I just found this...
    C.E.O. Hybrid PlayBook Case

It looks very similar to the blurex and iCON cases but seems better constructed and has a hand strap.

Too bad it costs too much and costs almost as much to ship to Canada.
    01-18-12 08:17 PM
    ordered 2 of these cases from futureshop on boxing day. both my bro and i been using this case for about 2 weeks now and nothing but good comments.

visually appealing
    protects the pb
    clips are fitted
    multiple angles

only thing is there isnt an angle in portait position

got it at 14.99 ea
    01-19-12 11:06 AM
    So last night I was online ordering a few replacement parts and a skin for my sons 8520 when I thought, hmm, I wonder what they have for the PB.
    Here is what they have. Black, Red
    I have ordered parts from this supplier (cnn.cn) two other times and everything came through as expected.
    Cheers
    asherwiin likes this.
    01-25-12 09:13 AM
    I just found this...
    C.E.O. Hybrid PlayBook Case

It looks very similar to the blurex and iCON cases but seems better constructed and has a hand strap.

Too bad it costs too much and costs almost as much to ship to Canada.
    This looks very similar to the iCON carbon case with the hard shell, but I do not believe it is any better constructed than it or the leather Blurex case, just more expensive and added a strap to hold it, which could come in handy.
    01-25-12 09:35 AM
    So last night I was online ordering a few replacement parts and a skin for my sons 8520 when I thought, hmm, I wonder what they have for the PB.
    Here is what they have. Black, Red
    I have ordered parts from this supplier (cnn.cn) two other times and everything came through as expected.
    Cheers
    Nice Find! Looks identical to the ICON, but in leather, and at a good price. First time I've seen it in Red, as well - cool.
    01-25-12 10:13 AM
    Hi,

I have some of these convertible leather Clip Cases available. If you're interested, please PM me.

The long story short, I have several leather Clip Cases for the Playbook, brand new in boxes, available for Cdn$30. They're better than the Icon, identical to the Burex, and made by Brookstone.

The long story: like many of you, I've been looking for the Icon clip case. Any of you that has seen or used the BB OEM Playbook convertible case would realize that the silicone wrap-around is horrible. It traps dirt/lint easily and (together with the cover) blocks access to all the ports and buttons. The Icon case is nice and thin, except that it has a "graphite feel" hard surface and not padded. It was also sold out everywhere and the manufacturer stopped making them. Then people started recommending the Blurex, which is leather and padded. However, Amazon.ca does not carry them, and Amazon.com would not ship to Canada. After searching for a while, I found this clip case by Brookstone in the US, which is identical to the Blurex. Very nice and listed for US$14.99. The catch is, Canadians always get screwed by the shipping and custom brokerage fees. The UPS brokerage fees are always pretty much constant at $40 + hst. Then there is border custom duties, and hst on the whole total. Thus, buying one would have cost me over Cdn$80. Doing some calculations, and I found that it would make the most sense to buy at least 7, and then divide up all the charges. This brought the total costs down to just over Cdn$29 each, and I rounded it up to $30, without making any profit or losing any money. I have all invoices to prove the costs, and the case can be picked up in the Greater Toronto Area (Toronto West, Mississauga, Hamilton, Grimsby).

Sorry about the long essay, but I'm just trying to explain why I'm charging $30 for the case.

If you want to see more details and pictures, please check out my kijiji.ca posting:
    BB Playbook Leather Clip Case, TPU Skin Case, Screen Protector - City of Toronto Computer Parts For Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto Canada.

cheers,
    Billy

p.s. If you're not interested in clip/convertible cases but rather the soft skin cases, I also have some transparent light gray TPU (thermoplastic urethane) skin cases (much, much better than silicone cases) for the Playbook for Cdn$9. TPU cases are soft skin cases like silicone except that they give much tighter/snugger fit and don't pick up dirt/lint easily. Same deal with shipping charges to keep the costs low. See my kijiji.ca posting.

p.p.s. I also have several Playbook screen protectors by Neewer. Again, total costs divided up to Cdn$2.00 each.

All products are brand new and prices are firm. Pick-up in the GTA.
    01-31-12 12:30 PM
    annoyed, i wanted this case for $25 but thats only in the states. it is $37 here in canada on the amazon.ca site
    02-02-12 05:58 PM
    02-02-12 06:52 PM
    Those don't have an opening for the power and HDMI connectors.
    I ordered this one from eBay. It's red but has the openings so you can put the Playbook in it upside down if you want.
    02-03-12 04:59 AM
    Brookstone.com has same leather convertible case as the Blurex on Amazon or like the ebay cases shown above for $14.99 and use code "20BUY" at checkout for additional 20% discount as mentioned in another thread here.
    02-03-12 06:22 AM
    Brookstone.com has same leather convertible case as the Blurex on Amazon or like the ebay cases shown above for $14.99 and use code "20BUY" at checkout for additional 20% discount as mentioned in another thread here.
    "20BUY" Coupon Code Expired but still a good price.
    Edit - they have a new code "RETAILME20" and it works until Feb 29 2012
    Last edited by pmccartney; 02-03-12 at 09:12 AM. Reason: new coupon code
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    02-03-12 09:09 AM
    "20BUY" Coupon Code Expired but still a good price.
    Edit - they have a new code "RETAILME20" and it works until Feb 29 2012
    Sorry, the 20BUY was still working Tuesday, but RETAILME20 must be a new 20% off code for February.
    02-03-12 11:20 AM
231 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD