Recently purchased the ICON Carbon Click Black flip case for my Playbook from FutureShop (also available at BestBuy; in the USA Amazon.com)

ICON Products - Video Game Accessories

I'm lovin' this case, for the following reasons:

1. Affordable - less than $ 40.00. Great value for the dollar.
    2. Very slim and sleek - adds virtually no bulk to my Playbook, still fits in my coat pocket, but provides complete protection.
    3. Flips into a stand with multiple angle positions.
    4. Materials and build are qood quality, quite attractive.
    5. No obstruction of bezel for unimpeded swiping, all ports, buttons and cameras 100% accessible all orientations.
    6. Can reverse the PB to leave it in the case standing up, with HDMI port accessible.
    7. Easy to slide the PB in/out of case, but there is no need - because I can put the PB in the rapid charger stand with the case still on (just fold it backwards). Nice! Haven't seen any other case yet that can do that.

8. Can also flip the PB upside down in the case, so when using it as a stand, both the power and HDMI ports are available. Thus you can use this case to hold the PB in vertical position for easy access and watch movies/play games on a big screen for hours without running down the battery. Too bad the rapid charger base won't work this way, but this isn't bad.
    Thanks for the review, will look into this as I will need a case.

Kind of off topic but does your name happen to be Diego?
    06-26-11 08:17 PM
    Thanks for the review, will look into this as I will need a case.

Kind of off topic but does your name happen to be Diego?
    Sorry - not Diego - but I've been told I look just like him...
    06-27-11 09:43 AM
    i just bought mine from handhelditems.com for 30. not sure if its an icon clone but looks nice
    07-02-11 08:48 PM
    i just bought mine from handhelditems.com for 30. not sure if its an icon clone but looks nice

Did you receive it yet and how does the build quality seem? I checked the site out and says regular 69.99 but on sale for like 22 right now. Want to pick it up but curious if you got yours and your initial impressions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-07-11 06:35 PM
    for those in the U.S., I got the "acase" version of this case on Amazon this week ($21.95). Finishing up my first business trip with it, and love it so far. I was concerned it would hamper one handed use, but it doesn't.
    07-07-11 07:19 PM
    just ordered mine (from handhelditems.com) the carbon one...$24.84 shipped to miami, fl
    07-07-11 08:46 PM
    I've been using the carbon version (from handhelditems, but sold on Amazon) for the past few days, and I love it. It looks great, provides excellent protection while still having a slim form factor, and easily sets up into 3 different stand positions. For me this is the perfect case.
    Last edited by Fazermint; 07-07-11 at 10:36 PM.
    07-07-11 10:33 PM
    the handheld items case does attract marks on the outside. also i am using headphones without an L shaped plug and its a pain to close the cover carefully every time. nice case as said above. glad i waited for a better $
    07-12-11 07:06 AM
    I decided to go with an Icon look'a'like..lol And I have absolutely no complaints.. Looks like they simply cloned the icon case (without the carbon look). Great fit and functionality.. Not too bulky and I can charge my PB without opening the case..

It even came packaged in a nice little box and not some cheap plastic ziplock, stuffed in a padded yellow envelope.

Leather Case for BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB - eBay (item 320705679153 end time Jun-26-11 10:28:47 PDT)
    Anyone got a supplier for this case in the UK?
    07-12-11 10:41 AM
    buying the 'clone' from Amazon...but wrestled with spending the extra $ on this one (Ion Carbon Cover) - in the end, I wasn't crazy about the magnetic closure...if they used the same 'clip' to close/hold the case together, I probably would've splurged.
    08-11-11 05:22 PM
    I bought this one and loved it. Ordering another one only cause I left it in my car when it was 100 outside and the edges bent so doesn't hold in place anymore. Great case for a great price

Luxary Carbon Case
    08-31-11 10:05 PM
    Hi if anyone is interested in the I-Con Carbon Click case (genuine one) let me know as i have an internal contact to get them at discount, will be $35CDN including shipping to Canada ($37 CDN ship to US). My ebay profile is Silveryy, 100% positive feedback. Regards
    DeeLishusOne likes this.
    09-14-11 02:30 PM
    I think $100 is way to much for this case. However, I found it this morning on Brookstone.com of all places. Ships week of 6/1/11 though! I can't wait that long...This is the Icon case in leather right?

Brookstone
    Ordered the leather clipcase from Brookstone, since the two nearest stores did not have any - will be here on Monday.
    09-24-11 09:44 PM
    Hi if anyone is interested in the I-Con Carbon Click case (genuine one) let me know as i have an internal contact to get them at discount, will be $35CDN including shipping to Canada ($37 CDN ship to US). My ebay profile is Silveryy, 100% positive feedback. Regards
    Profile: Jefferyld----very fast shipping, thanks a bunch!!!
    10-13-11 03:18 PM
    Hey guys,

so it seems like this case is all sold out everywhere... any idea where you can order this online???

Thanks in advance!
    12-05-11 03:00 AM
    Hey guys,

so it seems like this case is all sold out everywhere... any idea where you can order this online???

Thanks in advance!

Check my reply above for this "Luxury Folio Case". Same design and been using it for months now. I love it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0058L...bUvbUpU6909680

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-05-11 03:11 AM
    It's not available any longer on Amazon. I've been searching the web to find this one in Canada with no luck. The I-Conn case isn't at Futureshop any longer (none in stores within 60 miles of me nor online). The only one on ebay I could find was the red one. Anybody find one in the past week in Canada? Thanks!

Nevermind - Found this one on ebay uk: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=1KysaQ1-

It's going to take a few weeks to get here but it is better than nothing.
    Last edited by sjfwhite; 01-14-12 at 09:43 AM.
    01-14-12 09:35 AM
    01-14-12 05:49 PM
    Yeah, this is the one that I bought after I first got the OEM convertible case which looked nice, but had too many little things that I did like about it, so I never used it again after getting the Blurex. However, the Blurex was under $20 at Amazon with free shipping when I got mine, but still at $25 not a bad deal.
    01-14-12 06:26 PM
    I've called Futureshop and I get mixed messages on whether
    they will carry it any longer. Icons web page doesn't list
    it anymore..
    01-15-12 07:53 AM
    I just ordered it yesterday and the reviews from the amazom customers were
    five star from all 38 posters. I'm excited about the case because i thinks it's
    the leather twin to the icon fiber click. Icon was supossed to release there version
    in leather however this is as close as you'll get to it. I think Icon is out of the
    Playbook case buisness?
    I'll let you know what I think about this case when I get it. I currently own the
    BB convertible case, that I purchased from Staple for 19 bucks.
    But I don't love it so I want to try this one too.
    01-16-12 10:09 AM
    convertible and journal case is 19.99 free shipping on staples website so Ill go with one of them. I just dont like the openness of the Icon case
    01-16-12 12:39 PM
    This iCon case has been on my playbook from day 1. I am a case freak, purchasing multiple cases for all of my devices. I purchased this case for my playbook from day 1 and have not had the need or urge to purchase any others.

Love It.
    01-16-12 01:38 PM
    i hate that clip look on the sides. makes it look cheap. the oem convertible case looks amazing
    01-16-12 02:36 PM
    404 error when trying to access that link. Is there another page where this item can be seen? Thanks.
    01-16-12 02:37 PM
231 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD