All I know is that the manufacturer has no intention of shipping to the states (I asked.) Kinda surprised no one's selling them on Ebay.
    06-15-11 03:04 PM
    I wonder how much is cost to ship to USA.
    06-15-11 03:11 PM
    As long as I'm carrying the added bulk of a convertible case - I want it to have a slim bluetooth keyboard built in so when it sits on the desktop in a propped up position at least it has a reason to be on my desktop taking up space instead of in my lap or in my hands.

Then I can type on it like a laptop, (with a real keyboard that I dont have to look at to see if I hit the right key or not) and NO I don't want to carry another separate device around (bluetooth keyboard), I want it all integrated and easily folded up into one unit. Has anyone seen anything like this?

More ideally of course, would be to be able to thumbtype on the playbook from my my BOLD and use the trackball for fine cursor placement, but I don't see that coming soon if at all.
    06-15-11 03:18 PM
    Please hand over your Geek Membership card on you way out!

But I like it

LMAO! Good save.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-15-11 at 03:47 PM.
    06-15-11 03:34 PM
    anyone know how to get this in the states, anyone willing to ship
    All I know is that the manufacturer has no intention of shipping to the states (I asked.) Kinda surprised no one's selling them on Ebay.
    They sell replica's of it on Amazon that gets good reviews.
    06-15-11 03:47 PM
    Just bought it tonight. Already love it!
    One awesome case.

It also fits in my Zipper Case, so if I need to travel and put it on my backpack or any bag, extra protect can be available also.
    06-15-11 09:05 PM
    Ok no answer so I looked for it myself -

anyone used this one?

Hip Street Playbook Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard
    06-15-11 09:05 PM
    They sell replica's of it on Amazon that gets good reviews.
    That's true. All it's missing is the carbon fiber look.
    06-15-11 10:40 PM
    I just bought this one Amazon.com: Leather Sandwich Case for BlackBerry PlayBook, Black: Electronics It looks the same as the ICON one.
    06-16-11 01:32 PM
    I just bought this one Amazon.com: Leather Sandwich Case for BlackBerry PlayBook, Black: Electronics It looks the same as the ICON one.
    Amazon says "CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE". Maybe the cease and desist letter already went out from Icon.
    06-16-11 01:46 PM
    There is also this; anyone tried this?

Incipio BlackBerry PlayBook Executive Premium Kickstand Leather Case

which is similar to ICON Carbon Black Case but in leather AND they ship international - good for UK PB owners for $7.99 shipment:

I have ordered the above for my PB, hopefully it's good!!!

Any ideas????

Thanks
    Last edited by delair; 06-16-11 at 02:14 PM.
    06-16-11 02:00 PM
    I ordered this one last for 25 bucks.it looks exactky the icon case except the carbon scent.Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case With 2 Tier Stand for Blackberry Playbook:Amazon:Electronics

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-11 03:17 PM
    Yeah I have that case, it works great.
    06-16-11 03:47 PM
    Yeah I have that case, it works great.
    I want it so bad but it doesn't have the capacitive stylus holder!
    06-16-11 03:57 PM
    I want it so bad but it doesn't have the capacitive stylus holder!
    I have a stylus and pretty useless.fingers are alot better.

06-16-11 04:14 PM
    I have a stylus and pretty useless.fingers are alot better.

I use it depending on the app and the BoxWave style that I bought on recommendation from someone here is as close to using your finger...that's how good it is. I use it more for my 4 yr old daughter that loves to doodle on the various paint apps and I refuse to let her grubby fingers touch the screen LOL
    06-16-11 04:20 PM
    There is also this; anyone tried this?

Incipio BlackBerry PlayBook Executive Premium Kickstand Leather Case

which is similar to ICON Carbon Black Case but in leather AND they ship international - good for UK PB owners for $7.99 shipment:

I have ordered the above for my PB, hopefully it's good!!!

Any ideas????

Thanks
    Looks really good. It is a bit bulkier than the Icon style, although some might like that.
    06-16-11 04:46 PM
    Looks like there will be a carbon fiber-ish knock-off available soon. And this one rotates to portrait view. Problem being that it blocks the bezel. But it shouldn't be that hard to alter. Right now it's being sold wholesale:

Playbook Carbon Fiber PU Leather Case with built-in stand and rotatable design

06-18-11 02:42 AM
    Covering bezel is killing Playbook. Seems the designer didn't touch once to the Playbook.
    06-18-11 02:47 AM
    There are a lot of moron designers out there it seems.
    06-18-11 09:18 AM
    Just stumbled upon this case that resembles the icon leather. I prefer the carbon fiber look but still cant get my hands on one. Here's the LINKLeather Case for BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB | eBay
    I ordered this leather case off ebay, not having any hope of getting the carbon fiber one...but days after ordering, my best friend told me he was heading to canada for a few days on business Needless to day i googlemaps-ed his hotel and a future shops was nearby so I made him get me the carbon fiber case.

I've been using it for 2 weeks now and have been LOVING it! Yesterday i finally opened the leather one off ebay and I kinda like the leather one more! It's almost a 100% replica of the carbon case, but it somehow feels thinner. I'm also living the leather look...seems more 'serious' while still not being solely a 'business' look.

One small gripe is that the space at the back for the camera isn't as symmetrical as the carbon case.

Anyhow, just letting ya'll know it's a perfect alternative for those outside of Canada.
    06-20-11 09:57 AM
    I ordered this leather case off ebay, not having any hope of getting the carbon fiber one...but days after ordering, my best friend told me he was heading to canada for a few days on business Needless to day i googlemaps-ed his hotel and a future shops was nearby so I made him get me the carbon fiber case.

I've been using it for 2 weeks now and have been LOVING it! Yesterday i finally opened the leather one off ebay and I kinda like the leather one more! It's almost a 100% replica of the carbon case, but it somehow feels thinner. I'm also living the leather look...seems more 'serious' while still not being solely a 'business' look.

One small gripe is that the space at the back for the camera isn't as symmetrical as the carbon case.

Anyhow, just letting ya'll know it's a perfect alternative for those outside of Canada.
    thanks for info.really helps
    06-20-11 12:42 PM
    I love the Carbon case as well. When I first got my PlayBook, I bought the OEM PlayBook Sleeve. Its nice, but I was always stuck holding it when I was using the playbook on the bus.

Before returning the sleeve, I compared the Carbon case with the OEM convertible case. I like the OEM convertible case, but it does not stay shut, so I selected the carbon case. The carbon case works well and is less expensive.
    06-26-11 04:23 PM
    I really like the slip case by blackberry......it doesn't add bulk,and it's super thin? protects the pb.....and it's only about $19
    06-26-11 06:46 PM
    i picked up the ICON carbon black case. It protects nicely and i can watch movies/browse the web while laying in bed! without having to hold it. Awesome !
    DeeLishusOne likes this.
    06-26-11 07:37 PM
231 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD